Certified Legendary Thread Jack Trengove

Remove this Banner Ad

Trenners has averaged 18 disposals a game a year in his career
I reckon the Brayshaw comparison is much much closer, Tyson needs to work on his defensive stuff but his attacking stuff is good even though his kicking can be poor

Trenners is a country footballer who did all the small things well and never looked rushed, exactly like Brayshaw
Brayshaw averaged small disposal numbers because he doesnt get cheap touches
Agree to disagree I guess, everyone sees the game differently. If I had to compare Trengove to anyone, it would be a James Kelly type which is something inbetween Brayshaw and Tyson. We'll have to wait and see how he plays when he comes back, considering its been so long.

Agree to disagree I guess, everyone sees the game differently. If I had to compare Trengove to anyone, it would be a James Kelly type which is something inbetween Brayshaw and Tyson. We'll have to wait and see how he plays when he comes back, considering its been so long.

I dont disagree with a James Kelly comparison and Kelly is massively underrated when people remember the cats midfield
But Id think Tyson is more Finesse than Trengove by a long way

I dont disagree with a James Kelly comparison and Kelly is massively underrated when people remember the cats midfield
But Id think Tyson is more Finesse than Trengove by a long way

If Trengove hadn't been drafted by us and hadn't had the injury dramas, I think he'd probably be playing similarly to someone like Boak. Not doing anything amazingly flashy or eye-catching, just winning ball, using it well, accumulating 25 odd touches and kicking the odd goal. Would probably be six inches taller, too. Uncanny what this club can do to talented kids.

If Trengove hadn't been drafted by us and hadn't had the injury dramas, I think he'd probably be playing similarly to someone like Boak. Not doing anything amazingly flashy or eye-catching, just winning ball, using it well, accumulating 25 odd touches and kicking the odd goal. Would probably be six inches taller, too. Uncanny what this club can do to talented kids.

So what you're saying is, we are (or perhaps were) the footballing equivalent of teenage smoking? ... fair call.

So what you're saying is, we are (or perhaps were) the footballing equivalent of teenage smoking? ... fair call.

More like teen pregnancy. Weight of responsibility on young shoulders, months of sleepless nights and after a brief minute of joy, life as you know it is over.

I so want Trenners to be the Resurrection Kid

5097049596_e4220e41a0.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I so want Trenners to be the Resurrection Kid
Trengove is a chance to return playing football over easter weekend at Casey. 2 weeks.

I don't want to sound sacrilegious, but is it possible that jack trengove is the one true son of god and the redeemer of all mankind, may the blessings of the saints be upon him forever and always?

I was looking at going to the VFL practice match to see how Trenners and Petracca go. But it's on at the same time as our Rd 1 game. Stupid.

Same, so annoying! Bring back the curtain raiser! :thumbsu:

I'm all for Trenners getting back at it, but the way some of you guys seem to hold him so highly baffles me. I just see him as a VERY unfortunate battler. I don't think he ever showed signs of being a star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back