Certified Legendary Thread Jack Trengove

Remove this Banner Ad

Went to the premium members function on Sunday and Trenners was one of the blokes they trundled out, said he hasn't been for a run since April last year apparently :$
Geez, is that true? If so, I think we will have to put a line through him at the end of this year. Gotta get some able bodied players on our list.

I can't even remember when he last played. He's like a ghost in the halls of MFC - is he really there now, just in spirit?

V West Coast round 2 last year on March 30th I believe in a game where we got done in by 93 points and kicked 3 goals for game. Feels like he's been out for longer..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shows why anyone who thought there was any chance that he would be delisted were well off the mark. He's obviously rated extremely highly around the club and is well-liked by just about everyone. It's a shame what happened with the Richmond situation last year but the only situation in which the club would have tried to off him was that one exactly, where we got an offer too good to refuse.

Shows why anyone who thought there was any chance that he would be delisted were well off the mark. He's obviously rated extremely highly around the club and is well-liked by just about everyone. It's a shame what happened with the Richmond situation last year but the only situation in which the club would have tried to off him was that one exactly, where we got an offer too good to refuse.
He hasn't played for the best part of 18 months and hasn't had a good game for a couple of years now. No surprises why people were suggesting him for delisting. No doubt about his leadership/stature at the club, but you can't keep an unfit bloke on the list indefinitely just because he is well-liked.

He hasn't played for the best part of 18 months and hasn't had a good game for a couple of years now. No surprises why people were suggesting him for delisting. No doubt about his leadership/stature at the club, but you can't keep an unfit bloke on the list indefinitely just because he is well-liked.
It's not as though his foot was amputated. Fair enough to delist a player if their injury is Matt Egan level bad, but it was never the case with Trengove. Also not true that he hadn't played a good game in years. Was very good R1 last year and v Richmond in preseason, and played at least a few decent games in the farce that was our midfield in 2013/12.

It's not as though his foot was amputated. Fair enough to delist a player if their injury is Matt Egan level bad, but it was never the case with Trengove. Also not true that he hadn't played a good game in years. Was very good R1 last year and v Richmond in preseason, and played at least a few decent games in the farce that was our midfield in 2013/12.
He never played last year.

I think he can make it and hopefully is closer than he has been for a while. Good luck to him.

Was awful in that second game. Slowest player I've ever seen including Ben Holland carrying injuries.
You're right that he was terrible in the second game where we got pumped by 93 points, but he was very good in the first. Again, all with a broken foot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back