No Oppo Supporters Jack Watts - Traded to PA for pick 31, Thanks Jack

Jack Watts?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Watts = Our barometer :hearts::hearts::hearts:
uOHQVob.png

Hate to be that guy but Jones was 2005 Selwood 2006, Jones was drafted as a 17 year old though so they are the same age.

They were once but Jones has aged faster due to the stress and workload.

Roos made a point of praising him in the presser.

He's having a great couple of months.
Still has room for improvement like any player but mentally he looks more switched on. Playing some constructive football the last month or so.

Playing his best patch of footy under Roos and McCartney's tutelage.

I remembered when we first got Roos we were all saying if he could turn around Watts it would be worth the investment

Im pretty confident hes turned the corner now, that play when he baulked a man in the second and nearly nailed one from inside 50 was brilliant.. The sort of goal that can turn a match

I remembered when we first got Roos we were all saying if he could turn around Watts it would be worth the investment

Im pretty confident hes turned the corner now, that play when he baulked a man in the second and nearly nailed one from inside 50 was brilliant.. The sort of goal that can turn a match
Agree.

I'm just about at the point to release some air and say "okay, Watts - you'll do". He has strung good performances together - impressively in games where the overall performance of the team has not been stable. A player who can steady and keep their head is something that several teams, not just Melbourne, can benefit from.

Also, I feel he just looks different. Even walking about, having a sledge, arguing with an umpire etc. I'm not sure what exactly it is but he looks as though he has more steel in his spine. Whatever it is, I feel as though I have turned a corner with him. And I'm glad to do it. I've always loved his quick hands, kicking action etc. if he has found a grown up AFL player in himself I give him some kudos for that. It looked for a while as though Melbourne dark days might claim another victim. Hats off if he has gotten past the years of what can't have been an easy career to date

He's almost there, I think he's not having the impact he could due to our ball movement at the moment - when we get things going he'll be able to run and deliver into the fifty much more regularly (like he did to ANB last game).

Hopefully he can finish off the year really consistently and form a great base for next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree.

I'm just about at the point to release some air and say "okay, Watts - you'll do". He has strung good performances together - impressively in games where the overall performance of the team has not been stable. A player who can steady and keep their head is something that several teams, not just Melbourne, can benefit from.

Also, I feel he just looks different. Even walking about, having a sledge, arguing with an umpire etc. I'm not sure what exactly it is but he looks as though he has more steel in his spine. Whatever it is, I feel as though I have turned a corner with him. And I'm glad to do it. I've always loved his quick hands, kicking action etc. if he has found a grown up AFL player in himself I give him some kudos for that. It looked for a while as though Melbourne dark days might claim another victim. Hats off if he has gotten past the years of what can't have been an easy career to date

He's surrounded by tough nuts and not expected to lead them anymore

He's surrounded by tough nuts and not expected to lead them anymore

This is what you used to annoy me about the ' he's not that type of player ' jazz

He still isn't playing like Jack Viney but he is matching it with every other bloke on the field which is all he ever needed to do

Its the little things I am noticing. He has always had good hand and foot skills.

He gets his hands free when tackled to dish off. He tackles with a lot more conviction. He may not take many contested marks but is much better at halving the contest and keeping his feet. This allows him to pressure his opponent if the ball does go there way.

All in all very happy with the improvements Im seeing.

DL.

Watts didn't set the world on fire today but I'd wager he's doing exactly what a lot of people want him to do. His aerial game has become much better and he is no easybeat in a 1 on 1. Onya Jack.

Cant critisize him for missing a few kicks today, s**t happens
Id rather him take the kicks on and miss than skirt around the packs and avoid pressure

Took a couple good marks and when he didnt he made a contest

Kicking directly to opposition players on more than one occasion in the same game is unacceptable.

Now that's said, He did some OK stuff, but disappointed this week. he's been good recently, but was way off this week. Kicking over the mark drills for Jack all this week me thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back