Recommitted Jake Carlisle [re-signed for 2021 with a trigger for 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Dropped this week

I’m not sure if there’s any more to it than team balance this week. Dees have just Weideman and Brown as talls up forward who can be taken by Howard and Wilkie. Battle also a swing man if needed so it’s not like we’re short of options, doesn’t seem to be much of a match up for him this week.

Most likely will not be at St Kilda next year.
What's he worth ....and is anyone interested.
Sorry to see him go but I think there is some conflict between the club and Jake.

Sorry to see him go but I think there is some conflict between the club and Jake.
As I said above I'd welcome him back

Port Adelaide strike me as a team that could use a big bodied FB whether or not they want to go in the top up direction would be the concern.

Think Jake will be traded, GC would be a good fit surely, young backline & team for that matter.

Bit of a confusing one, but I was really surprised at how nonchalantly Bruce was traded last year too.

I'd sign him up which is probably still most likely of all scenarios.

If he leaves I am of the belief he would want success.

Which club needs a solid CHB for a few years? Not a great sign though, there was conflict between him and EFC, now apparently with STKFC. There is one common denominator....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which club needs a solid CHB for a few years? Not a great sign though, there was conflict between him and EFC, now apparently with STKFC. There is one common denominator....
I mean apart from that famous quote there wasn't really any animosity, in fact he helped us out by seriously considering Hawthorne as a destination.

I mean apart from that famous quote there wasn't really any animosity, in fact he helped us out by seriously considering Hawthorne as a destination.

Perhaps, but I don't get the impression that he is a popular guy and it does seem to be that his on-field output varies with how well the team is going. Maybe that is unfair but why would he be potentially looking for a third club, he is a solid plug and play key defender.

Perhaps, but I don't get the impression that he is a popular guy and it does seem to be that his on-field output varies with how well the team is going. Maybe that is unfair but why would he be potentially looking for a third club, he is a solid plug and play key defender.

It's a strange one. At his best for us a couple years ago he was probably our best for the first half of the year before injury got to him again - and he looked like one of the few that really cared. At his best he plays with his heart on his sleeve but at his worst his attitude is nonchalant and I think bordering negative impact on the group. His best footy is fantastic to watch but with various issues, injuries and attitude problems he's barely played half of the games we've had him for his 5 year contract (crazy to think it's coming up to 5 years since that trade).

I've spent years defending him and have eagerly awaited the chance to see him play finals in our colours as I believed he'd be the one to really take the game by the scruff especially since he's waited so long to play finals. But I'm slowly coming to terms with what looks like us wanting to move past him, for one reason or another.

I expect he'll go for something similar to Bruce's value. What're more interesting is whether we think we need to replace him, cos surely we'd have someone lined up.

It's a strange one. At his best for us a couple years ago he was probably our best for the first half of the year before injury got to him again - and he looked like one of the few that really cared. At his best he plays with his heart on his sleeve but at his worst his attitude is nonchalant and I think bordering negative impact on the group. His best footy is fantastic to watch but with various issues, injuries and attitude problems he's barely played half of the games we've had him for his 5 year contract (crazy to think it's coming up to 5 years since that trade).

I've spent years defending him and have eagerly awaited the chance to see him play finals in our colours as I believed he'd be the one to really take the game by the scruff especially since he's waited so long to play finals. But I'm slowly coming to terms with what looks like us wanting to move past him, for one reason or another.

I expect he'll go for something similar to Bruce's value. What're more interesting is whether we think we need to replace him, cos surely we'd have someone lined up.
He’s a genuinely confusing player. Outrageous talent but a bit of a headcase, and not in a beneficial way. For us he kicked 8 goals against the dogs and almost seemed depressed/uninterested throughout. This was the week after he played one of the most dominant games you’ll ever see floating all over the ground from CHF (26 disposals, 19 marks, 4.2) and basically ended Nick Maxwell’s career in the process. It’s all been a bit of a waste for Jakey, I wonder if he’ll look back in 20 years and wonder what could’ve been.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back