Jam Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

I cannot be 100% certain but a lot of theses sports marketing companies employs people to walk around and hand out stuff and they call it ‘promotions’ or ‘events marketing’.

Sport’s marketing isn’t as glamorous as it sounds. They predominately do stuff like sell raffle tickets and give out stickers or some sort of crappy tangible products for kids that promote a brand or image at sporting events.

A lot of this kind of work is sales based positions and you get payed a commission with no starting salary.

I have no knowledge of this company but after reading the companies website I get the impression the job you would be going for (unless it advertises elsewhere) is an entry level sales position.

Are you going for a managerial position? Or an entry level sales positions.

The overall objective will be to meet and greet customers at events and as a sales rep, increasing profits for sporting teams, creating brand awareness and increasing the customer base. Once the basics are mastered you can expect to grow and develop your skills into areas such as HR, event management and sales management.

If it involves walking I'm knocking them back.

If I could be so bold what were / are you looking for?

What kind of employment?
Something that involves sitting down and not wearing a tie.

I'm a lazy, casual person :p I knocked back a job last week simply because it involved wearing a tie.

Something that involves sitting down and not wearing a tie.

I'm a lazy, casual person :p I knocked back a job last week simply because it involved wearing a tie.

I get the impression you will not be sitting behind a desk for 18 – 24 months going by their job flowchart.

Ties are not essential theses days. IMO anyway.

I get the impression you will not be sitting behind a desk for 18 – 24 months going by their job flowchart.

Ties are not essential theses days. IMO anyway.
I'm opposed to this whole concept of "needing to look professional". Unless your on a sales floor and need a uniform to be distinguished from customers, it should be casual but appropriate. If someone's gonna knock back my work based on me wearing runners instead of business shoes they can get f--ked.

You're very picky...you should become an actor or labourer if you don't want to wear a suit to work. Sorry to say most office jobs involve wearing a tie these days.

Are you studying at the moment?

You're very picky...you should become an actor or labourer if you don't want to wear a suit to work. Sorry to say most office jobs involve wearing a tie these days.

Are you studying at the moment?
Nope. And yes I am very picky :p

Anyone dealt with/heard anything about this joint? Any info would be appreciated. I like to know as much as I can going into a Job Interview :p

www.jamprospects.com.au

Read the contract first. I wouldnt sign it. You would have to be mad.

One thing you have to think about is how many people are willing to pay $20, $50 or $100 on the spot. Not many.

Theyre always advertising on seek. Their office is just near my work, always see a group of young blokes in cheap business suits and clipboards walking in and out of there.

Worked with them very briefly some years ago. Have you seen the people that try and sell you MatchDay raffle tickets out the front of the MCG & Telstra Dome?? They're working for Jam Prospects.

When I was with them, my job was to sell raffle tickets in shopping centres on behalf of football clubs, then in the CBD. Money wasn't flash - basically you get a percentage of every ticket that you sell - 50c if the cover price of the ticket is $2.50, and $1 if the cover price is $5.00.

Basically, it was the constant flow of people telling me to "get f***ed" that got me down.

If you can stick through the early days, it can become quite profitable for little work. Basically, of every $5 ticket that is sold, the footy/cricket/whatever club sees $1 from that ticket. The other $4 are distributed amongst Jam Prospects - you get $1, your team leader gets $1, his superior gets $1 and the bloke at the top gets $1.

Hope this helps

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MWNN - sounds like you don't want a job too badly! Geez, take what you can you lazy ****.

You won't last at Jam Prospects if they give you a job, don't think it would suit you as you might have to do something.

Become a professional dole bludger...oh wait, you'e got that down pat

Worked with them very briefly some years ago. Have you seen the people that try and sell you MatchDay raffle tickets out the front of the MCG & Telstra Dome?? They're working for Jam Prospects.

When I was with them, my job was to sell raffle tickets in shopping centres on behalf of football clubs, then in the CBD. Money wasn't flash - basically you get a percentage of every ticket that you sell - 50c if the cover price of the ticket is $2.50, and $1 if the cover price is $5.00.

Basically, it was the constant flow of people telling me to "get f***ed" that got me down.

If you can stick through the early days, it can become quite profitable for little work. Basically, of every $5 ticket that is sold, the footy/cricket/whatever club sees $1 from that ticket. The other $4 are distributed amongst Jam Prospects - you get $1, your team leader gets $1, his superior gets $1 and the bloke at the top gets $1.

Hope this helps
Those people annoy me. They wear brand spanking new jumpers of the home club and you know it's obvious they don't work directly for the club so you don't buy them because you don't know if any money goes to the club or not.

Those people annoy me. They wear brand spanking new jumpers of the home club and you know it's obvious they don't work directly for the club so you don't buy them because you don't know if any money goes to the club or not.

Well money must go the clubs otherwise they wouldnt have the clubs as clients.

The Crows used to use them for their home match raffle, but were forced to operate a home match lottery in-house when some of the workers were caught rigging the raffle!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back