Traded James Aish (2013-2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just thinking back to the players' sponsorship function last month - I had a bit of a chat to both Mayes and Aish, amongst others, and found them both to be a bit on the quiet side but quite happy to talk. I don't recall seeing Aish specifically talking to any sponsors - does anyone know if he has any? I can't find a list anywhere on the Lions site.

If I was able to, I'd put my money on it being James's manager Swany was referring to when he mentioned there was a hypothetical manger asking for $400,000 when really $200,000 is closer to the figure they should be asking for. The fact Swan mentioned it and these guys signed less than a week after than tells me it wasn't them he was referring to.

The fact most of the boys are signing extensions all around him means the hypothetical manager might just get the phone call from the player saying just sign me up already.

Not having a dig at James here; I understand it's the managers job to do what he can. James has probably very little input to the negotiations other than yes or no to the offer. I am just connecting the dots.

If I was able to, I'd put my money on it being James's manager Swany was referring to when he mentioned there was a hypothetical manger asking for $400,000 when really $200,000 is closer to the figure they should be asking for. The fact Swan mentioned it and these guys signed less than a week after than tells me it wasn't them he was referring to.

The fact most of the boys are signing extensions all around him means the hypothetical manager might just get the phone call from the player saying just sign me up already.

Not having a dig at James here; I understand it's the managers job to do what he can. James has probably very little input to the negotiations other than yes or no to the offer. I am just connecting the dots.
Nah, players are regularly updated with what's on the table.

Three Lions in U22 squad

Three Brisbane Lions players – Ryan Lester, James Aish, and Lewy Taylor – are among a squad of 45 young guns vying for a place in the AFL Players Associations’ prestigious 22Under22 team. Aish (midfield) and Taylor (forward), meanwhile, both earned a nod for their standout debut seasons.

Leppitsch a success in debut season

Locking in Leppitsch for an extended stay will be the perfect vote of confidence in both him and the direction the football department is heading. It might be enough to convince James Aish that he should follow the overwhelming example of his teammates and commit to the future. Aish, a standout first-year player after being taken at No. 7 in last year’s draft, has resisted all efforts to extend his contract beyond the standard two-deal signed by draftees. That in itself isn’t unreasonable. The football grapevine suggests his enormously strong family ties to South Australia are understandably tugging hard. Former neighbour and current Crows board member Mark Ricciuto will no doubt be staying in close contact with Aish. From a Lions point of view, after the devastating exit of five first-round draft picks last year, it is imperative the Lions retain Aish, who, with Lewy Taylor, will be a hot contender for the AFL’s NAB Rising Star Award. For the record, I believe Taylor should win the award.

tumblr_lt6wpdp8S51qctwb3o1_500.gif

Nice. Hopefully that means we can lock him down by the pre season. He was always seen as the most likely to return of our new draftees. Don't want to precipitate but if we can get Aish to buy in it would appear to be another sign that the club is well and truly turning things around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tumblr_lt6wpdp8S51qctwb3o1_500.gif

Nice. Hopefully that means we can lock him down by the pre season. He was always seen as the most likely to return of our new draftees. Don't want to precipitate but if we can get Aish to buy in it would appear to be another sign that the club is well and truly turning things around.

I pray we keep this kid. I too felt he would return home but after this season of other kids resigning, players have faith in the coach and Swans comment of being "cashed up", I can't see him leaving. Plus, it's not like we never gave him games. Sign it Aishy!!!

Might want to ration some exuberance for if/when he actually puts pen to paper.

I heard he did so.

* yes!

Wait, to write a letter to his mum?

No, gooooonnneeee...

Is he really that touch and go in your opinion (have you heard things?)?? Or more from our clubs previous experience your being cautious with your expectations?

He seemed pretty honest in his interview I thought.

I'm just saying he has only agreed to discuss contracts. Hasn't signed one yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back