James Aish [Signed til 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

From Today:

Aish is out of contract at the end of the season but is comfortable his future will be in purple as he enjoys the most consistent season of his career.

“I’m not too stressed. I think the club has made contact with my manager recently,” he said.

“That’ll take care of itself. I’m keen to stay. I’m really enjoying it. I’m loving where the club is heading.”

He's also one of our few ooc that isn't managed by Colin Young, so will be interesting to see what the narrative is surrounding his contract.

From Today:

Aish is out of contract at the end of the season but is comfortable his future will be in purple as he enjoys the most consistent season of his career.

“I’m not too stressed. I think the club has made contact with my manager recently,” he said.

“That’ll take care of itself. I’m keen to stay. I’m really enjoying it. I’m loving where the club is heading.”

He's also one of our few ooc that isn't managed by Colin Young, so will be interesting to see what the narrative is surrounding his contract.
Is it a good thing he isn’t managed by Young?

Who is he managed by?

Is it a good thing he isn’t managed by Young?

Who is he managed by?
Not sure who he's managed by but it's not Young.

There's been a little bit of a pattern in recent weeks about freo lowballing/shopping around players. Something about a "mass exodus" to try and accomodate Luke Jackson. These players include Lobb, Logue, Acres, and Hamling, all of whom are Young's clients. Coincidentally no mention of Aish who is also a key player out of contract.

If the negotiations with Aish go smoothly then it just reinforces that there's no salary cap issues and it's just Young being a dickhead again trying to manufacture a bigger contract.

Original Pick 7 in the 2013 draft;
Although complicated, roughly 2 second round picks in 2014; finally
roughly an upgrade from round three to round two.

He has 'dropped' value each trade (acknowledging the Collingwood cap issues meant moving him on for a bargain), so even though he has had his best season, maybe third round value?

Should stay at Fremantle though.

Not sure who he's managed by but it's not Young.

There's been a little bit of a pattern in recent weeks about freo lowballing/shopping around players. Something about a "mass exodus" to try and accomodate Luke Jackson. These players include Lobb, Logue, Acres, and Hamling, all of whom are Young's clients. Coincidentally no mention of Aish who is also a key player out of contract.

If the negotiations with Aish go smoothly then it just reinforces that there's no salary cap issues and it's just Young being a dickhead again trying to manufacture a bigger contract.

Do not see how that reinforce that their is no cap issues?

Dockers land Jackson something needs to give.

Lowballing offers is one way, and if players arent happy they move.

Reported Acres was offered a 1 year deal on low money. His manager has betteroffers, higher dollars and multiple years. If that isnt forcing a playerout outlowballing I dont know what is.

Reported Acres was offered a 1 year deal on low money. His manager has betteroffers, higher dollars and multiple years. If that isnt forcing a playerout outlowballing I dont know what is.
Im not even fussed if Acres leaves. He has had half a good season. Before that he was bang average. The only one we don't really wanna lose in Logue

Love aishy. No star but just the kinda guy that gets it done with no fuss. Would unironically be a good fit for any of the young sides in the comp because he's still young but has played so much senior footy. Hope he stays at freo though, deserves to be given the time at one club to earn that "great servant" label, because he is one. JLo loves him too so doubt he falls out.

Acres managed by Colin young. Him shopping guys around is his one wood play.
Did the same with Gov last deal.

Acres has played like 15 good games in 3 years for Freo. He has been dropped 2/3 times.

There’s no cap issues. Especially if Lobbs 750k leaves.

Aish will sign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of contract still and having a pretty good season.
Still only 26 with over 130 games experience

Can play mid or back.

Dockers seem to be putting up big money for Jackson so it’s only natural they lose a few somewhere

What’s he worth?
We will be losing Hamling on $500k, Blakely on $400k and Lobb on $700k so plenty of coin for Jackson and Brayshaw.

Aish has established himself as best 22 in a team that will be competing for finals.

I wouldn’t have thought he would want to leave.

Salary cap issues at Fremantle don’t exist.

Cerra was offered $700k per season last year and Neale was offered a contract as well. There is plenty of cap space.

Why would you want him back anyway? He walked out on your mob after a couple of mediocre couple of seasons there ?

Romance my friend. You'll understand one day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back