Traded James Aish (2013-2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Offer him a fair deal and if he doesn't want to be here we trade him back to his home state. Not fussed on this BS anymore. If a guy isn't happy in Brisbane and extra $50K-$100K is not going to change that. I have faith he will stay.

One thing we know for sure, the club won't roll over this time if Leigh has anything to do with it.

He'll throw him to the PSD if the Crows/Port offer us a second rounder and refuse to budge.

Hope he will enjoy his career at the Saints if that happens.

I think we all need to calm down a tad. He is only in his 1st year. He still has another year to go on his draft contract. He is developing very nicely and has showed in games such as the Saints in Round 6 and North 2 weeks ago what he is capable of. After another couple of pre seasons he will be playing at that level consistently. Let's all have some faith that Aishy will be a loyal player for this footy club.

I am going to back him in to bounce back with a big game against the Eagles after a quiet one vs. the Tigers.

Wish I could say Whiting's article was the first I'd heard if such rumours but it's not.

Losing Aish would be tragic and would have to be the wake up call the AFL needs.

That said, if I had to choose between him and Squizzy to stay, I'd take the latter. Fortunately by all reports he is very happy.

With the former, we have our work cut out for us.

Adelaide, first pick this trade period. Done.

Put it to him; sign for 3+ years this September...if not, pick #10 or so from the Crows so we don't get screwed over in a years time.

I think we all need to calm down a tad. He is only in his 1st year. He still has another year to go on his draft contract. He is developing very nicely and has showed in games such as the Saints in Round 6 and North 2 weeks ago what he is capable of. After another couple of pre seasons he will be playing at that level consistently. Let's all have some faith that Aishy will be a loyal player for this footy club.

I am going to back him in to bounce back with a big game against the Eagles after a quiet one vs. the Tigers.

you've calmed my nervous.... thank you :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one is doubting his on field prowess, more our off field incompetence :(

Adelaide, first pick this trade period. Done.

Put it to him; sign for 3+ years this September...if not, pick #10 or so from the Crows so we don't get screwed over in a years time.

Sounds like a dangerous precedent to set. Would only further entrench us as a feeder club.

No one is doubting his on field prowess, more our off field incompetence :(
I understand that. That is why I said we all need to calm down a tad and have some faith that Aishy will be loyal:) No point stressing about a young gun leaving the club when he has another year on his contract. If he is yet to sign towards the end of next year and the club has offered him a new contract then I could understand a bit of panic but at the moment we should all just enjoy watching the 2013 draft class develop because it is an absolute belter. Aish, Gardiner, McStay, Taylor, Cutler, and Robertson:thumbsu: Wow!

All this chicken little bullshit is doing my head in. Could well be hi thinx this is the best move he ever made. Calm down chickens.

I'd like to think I don't have a reputation as a complete defeatist. Just in Aish's case I've heard a few things from different people that makes me uncomfortable.

I think if Aish goes as a whole the Lions fans will be very dark on the world. Fingers crossed he becomes a 10 year player at our club.

A hell of a lot riding on it. But not just him, any other losses of significant young players over the next couple of years will be very damaging

It's probably not all smooth sailing for Aish, it's a big life change for anyone that moves away from home so I don't think the issue is him being 'homesick' or him not being settled but more of how as a club we remedy this. No doubt ,flick on the TV each weekend you see SA footy in a boom, sell out crowds and both teams winning their games at home any kid would want to be a part of that. But I think we've seen the grass isn't any greener on the other side so far for those that left the club. There's a long way to go but realistically long term we should be up there at least playing finals in the future which should equal if not better other clubs players have been traded to.

I'm fairly certain Liam Pickering is his manager which concerns me.

I'm fairly certain Liam Pickering is his manager which concerns me.
Yup.

Loves to be a player in trade week does Liam.

Just ask Justin Sherman. Pickering pushed him into it and he ended up regretting it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back