Live Event James Hird live in concert (Interview now in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was clearly a scripted interview, and that's the only reason *Hird agreed to do it. Would have been a classic if she agreed to only ask him the soft questions, and then when it started she went hard at him! Would have been no escape and she could have got some real answers.

Hence why she was the chosen interviewer ...

Was clearly a scripted interview, and that's the only reason *Hird agreed to do it. Would have been a classic if she agreed to only ask him the soft questions, and then when it started she went hard at him! Would have been no escape and she could have got some real answers.
He would have walked off

The Q & A after the interview is here http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-18/james-hird-answers-questions-from-the-audience/7096276 apologies if the link's already been posted. Hird last spoke to Dank in August 2012. At the end, Holmes nips a question in the bud, about the 'darkest day in sport' press conference, by saying that press conference should never have happened, 'why announce to the world an investigation you haven't begun?'
It's sad when the audience asked deeper questions than the interviewer

The Q & A after the interview is here http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-18/james-hird-answers-questions-from-the-audience/7096276 apologies if the link's already been posted. Hird last spoke to Dank in August 2012. At the end, Holmes nips a question in the bud, about the 'darkest day in sport' press conference, by saying that press conference should never have happened, 'why announce to the world an investigation you haven't begun?'

has the full transcript been posted, I couldn't bear watching it again

Statement. Hird encouraged the good doc to pen his concerns and escalate them to protect himself in the future
Question. Why would the doc need to protect himself in an environment where the welfare of players and their health after they finish playing was the sole purpose of dank

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I said blaming Evans not defending Hird. Stick with your intellectual equivalents back on that board

And you stick to your lot, with your increasing spoon collection and despite not having Essendon's problems, your lot still managed to have worst financial results, says plenty about the intellectual ability of your club.

So Hird says that others are responsible but in his Q&A after the show at 11mins in he talks about his massive numbers of text messages to Dank and 'running a department'.

A1 lying cheating scum this bloke.

I thought he said that overall he sent/received 7000 text messages when at Essendon. 100 were to/from dank and of those he received 75 and sent 25.

And you stick to your lot, with your increasing spoon collection and despite not having Essendon's problems, your lot still managed to have worst financial results, says plenty about the intellectual ability of your club.
That'd be financial ability...

Not sure why you're dragging this thread off topic, but on wooden spoons Carlton & Essendon both have 4 anyway. Big play from Essendon to be #firsttofive.

Average Joe will believe Hird did nothing wrong and the players are innocent after watching the interview or reading his article.

The rest don't care or are a minority.
Disagree.
The greater AFL community can smell a rat and don't like being taken for fools.
Hirds reputation is shot already and it goes down further every time he opens his mouth.

Disagree.
The greater AFL community can smell a rat and don't like being taken for fools.
Hirds reputation is shot already and it goes down further every time he opens his mouth.
The greater AFL community has NFI. The public know even less.

BigFooty is a minority.

Average Joe will believe Hird did nothing wrong and the players are innocent after watching the interview or reading his article.

The rest don't care or are a minority.
The worm appears to be turning. The majority of mainstream media coverage today was highly critical of Hird, even the ones that have defended him in the past.

Oh dear;

Essendon football club.

Which god did you anger to be in this position?

Is there any saving you?

What hope do we have for sunny days and no more school yard taunts from those bastard Hawk, Collingwood and Carlton types,.....

Just re-watched the interview an a couple of things stand out. Yes TLDR

1. Hird said the Dr approved AOD9604. I am not sure of the schedule in Vic (maybe somebody could inform) but in NSW it is listed now as 4. If it was in 2012 it would require a prescription to be written by a doctor specifically for a patient. To do so ethically there would have to be a clinical need for the medicine. To do so merely for the improvement of sporting performance would not be appropriate. Records would also have to be kept by the doctor. AOD9604 according to ASADA I believe is prohibited. Jobe Watson has admitted to being administered with it.

2. Hird said he was primarily concerned with the welfare of the players then immediately says AOD9604 was approved by the Dr. He then says his relationshipwith Reid is somewhere between a father and a brother i.e like a family member.

I found myself feeling uncomfortable when he was saying this for some reason. It just seemed to be out of place. However this revelation was clearly deliberate and measured. Why was this relevant?

Well perhaps there is implication that Reids judgement was affected by such a strong bond. As a rule physicians generally should not treat themselves or members of their immediate families as professional objectivity may be compromised. However the responsibility of any impairment would rest solely on physician.

Hird said he doesn't think Reid should be sacked but without any reasoning given. Because he emotionally would not want this scenario is not a sufficient reason. All this statement is saying is "I don't want this to happen therefore I am not part of this" Yet what he has just said about Reid is undermining.

3. 2011 he asks an ASADA tester about peptypes (sic). Then sometime after this he is summoned to AFL house with Paul Hamilton and others. Peptides are discussed with an ASADA representative. This discussion appears/implied to be related to his prior enquiry. It appears this only involves Essendon staff. i.e There are no representatives from other AFL clubs in attendance. This is not a standard discussion had with all clubs.

Given the role of ASADA and the subject of peptides are we to believe that no information was exchanged relevant to the legality of their use in sport ? One thing should be clear - For Hird to say he was never warned off as an excuse for his actions doesn't hold water. It is not for ASADA to be going around to sporting clubs and saying don't take this or don't take that. The responsibility lies with athletes to individually approach ASADA and ask pertinent specific questions relating to any substance.

4. When he says about Gill " I wouldn't call him a manipulator". Why use that term at all ? By using that term in that manner he is relating that term with Gill. He has called him a manipulator without on the face of it appearing to say it. Ironically this in itself is manipulation. Like with Reid he is pointing the finger at people whilst trying to give the impression he isn't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back