Play Nice James Hird rushed to hospital - suspected overdose

Remove this Banner Ad

Shame no one followed up to check they were doing what they were told to do.
agree. But this was a pretty disorganised club it seems
and reid could have raised his concerns with the afl
apparently he did raise concerns with the AFL and they did nothing.
but the essendon president and coach were looking to invest in a company that was using dubious substances and using their players as guinea pigs
seriously
according to what? Dank's texts? Apparently he also texted the Melbourne club doc about investing from memory. I wouldnt put ANY weight behind Dank's text, or anything he has done
In business there are reporting mechanisms and/or controls designed to record/check that people do the right thing, and only takes a few monents of one person to do this.

It's a poor process that has no controls and reporting mechanisms. A good process trusts its staff to do the right thing, but also checks they do.
And unfortunately Essendon wasnt run as an efficient business. Hird, the head coach, was way over his head as a new coach. Hamilton, the person who was really responsible for linking all departments, was having personal issues and obviously wasnt up to the role

according to what? Dank's texts? Apparently he also texted the Melbourne club doc about investing from memory. I wouldnt put ANY weight behind Dank's text, or anything he has done

And unfortunately Essendon wasnt run as an efficient business. Hird, the head coach, was way over his head as a new coach. Hamilton, the person who was really responsible for linking all departments, was having personal issues and obviously wasnt up to the role
But mxett, the minute you cash the pay cheque - being naive isn't an excuse.

Just cause Hird didn't know what he was doing, doesn't resolve him of responsibility or blame for what happened.

Cone on man.

Mexxxey slippin people under the bus again for Hirdy on a rotational basis....it's like old times again.

It never gets stale.

On another sidenote, i had a good ol chuckle at The Hird Gazette(The Hun) when they presented Liam Pickering as an ex AFL Champ with an important opinion lol

The last half a dozen times Pickers' name was mentioned in The Hun they were calling him a lying scheming degenerate during his Court fued with Slobbo's good mate who was Pickering's business partner.

Yet here he was, being presented as an important voice again, moralising on behalf of The Hun's GoldenBoy:D

No-one has a hide like a Murdoch shite sheet.

But mxett, the minute you cash the pay cheque - being naive isn't an excuse.

Just cause Hird didn't know what he was doing, doesn't resolve him of responsibility or blame for what happened.

Cone on man.
Of course he should take some responsibility. Question is, how much and what was his intention all along? Some are claiming he should take the most or even all responsibility. I dont think so. Some are claiming he knew exactly what Dank was up to, which I also dont agree with. In retrospect I think he should have walked early on. However this is a person with enormous pride who was probably desperate to clear his name which lead him down very damaging path

Of course he should take some responsibility. Question is, how much and what was his intention all along? Some are claiming he should take the most or even all responsibility. I dont think so. Some are claiming he knew exactly what Dank was up to, which I also dont agree with. In retrospect I think he should have walked early on. However this is a person with enormous pride who was probably desperate to clear his name which lead him down very damaging path

Why was Hird's old aquaintance Shane Charter at the planning meeting mxett?

QUOTE="mxett, post: 48433794, member: 44581"]the one where Dank invited him, not Hird?[/QUOTE]

Regardless of you trying to imply James didn't know Charter was attending lol....Yeah, the one where James knew that Charter, the convicted PED importer and supplier, was doing the supplying for Dank.

Hird didn't know that this was no good then?

How about at the Supreme Court case where Hird and Dank sat together in the same Courtroom clearly ready to celebrate their win?

Hird hadn't twigged to Dank by then?

How about when his 34 players got disqualified for being doped, and Hird still remained defiant?

Hird still hadn't twigged to Dank?

How about in the ethics centre :D when he was still defending Dank?

Hird really still hadn't twigged by then?

He still hasn't, and can't, turn on Dank. Even though he apparently doped his players behind his back and has caused him all this despair.

The reasons why he won't, and can't, are blatantly obvious.

And the continued blatant campaign by Hird Central, via The Hun, is an utter waste of time that only makes his image worse and worse.

QUOTE="mxett, post: 48433794, member: 44581"]the one where Dank invited him, not Hird?

Regardless of you trying to imply James didn't know Charter was attending lol....Yeah, the one where James knew that Charter, the convicted PED importer and supplier, was doing the supplying for Dank.

How about at the Supreme Court case where Hird and Dank sat together in the same Courtroom clearly ready to celebrate their win?

How about when his 34 players got disqualified for being doped, and Hird still remained defiant?

He still hasn't, and can't, turn on Dank. Even though he apparently doped his players behind his back and has caused him all this despair.

And the continued blatant campaign by Hird Central, via The Hun, is an utter waste of time that only makes his image worse and worse.[/QUOTE]
Hird flat out accused Dank and Robinson of causing the whole problem in his interview with Tracey Holmes. Thompson said the same only days ago.

So youre wrong

Champ, Evans and hird both admitted they were to meet drug paddlers to be investors but pulled out

Don't let the truth get in the way

And the continued blatant campaign by Hird Central, via The Hun, is an utter waste of time that only makes his image worse and worse.
Hird flat out accused Dank and Robinson of causing the whole problem in his interview with Tracey Holmes. Thompson said the same only days ago.

So youre wrong[/QUOTE]
Bomber and hird take full responsibility
Except it's ranks fault

Rubbish mxett.

The amount of time he, and they, have spent on Dank and Robinson is miniscule compared to their full press blame game on the AFL and ASADA.

Tell me mxett, if Dank and Robinson doped these players with no knowledge of Hird, why hasn't he turned his unfettered access to News Limited and/or the Court system on them?

Why is that?

News Limited could have pummeled Dank and Robinson into the earth's core.

The players have done their time. There is no more excuse that they are trying to save the players.

Why don't they go fully after the 2 non descript guys who apparently did the doping without Hird's knowledge?

The Hun = CNN

Drain the swamp!!!

How many hairs and stink lines does this whole Hird / Dank / Essendon fiasco have on it???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both?

Ambulance to hospital after his OD he got discharged a few hours later.

He than drove himself to wherever he is now for rehab?

Seems strange. When I had my 'meltdown' the hospital paid for me to be taken by taxi to a short term intervention facility. They didn't want me driving.

Seems strange. When I had my 'meltdown' the hospital paid for me to be taken by taxi to a short term intervention facility. They didn't want me driving.

I think people are reading that phrase too literally.

He 'drove' himself by making decisions that led to the current situation, not 'drove' himself by getting in a car. I'm pretty sure that what was being actually being said

I think people are reading that phrase too literally.

He 'drove' himself by making decisions that led to the current situation, not 'drove' himself by getting in a car. I'm pretty sure that what was being actually being said

But I like the symbolism of him driving along shutting directions about where he is going...

"Hird, sadly, drove himself to the intensive care unit, calling the directions all the way."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...e/news-story/52b8eee1cdb4885b25381990e78b7283

Remove this Banner Ad

Back