Number: 19
Height: 185.2
Weight: 81.8
DOB: 14-06-1990
Debut: -

Club Profile

Demonwiki

Re: 47. James Strauss

Has really put 100% into the pre-season and looks the most ready to go of all the new draftees. Can anybody see him playing a Lindsay Gilbee type role off half back? Certainly has the footskills and the dash. Very excited about this guy.

strauss of the half back is incredible. i've seen him play many games as he went to my school. His run from behind and the ability to get handball recieves is outstanding and he is able to run all day. Playing in vic metro means that he would know jack watts well and i think that strauss to watts will be a repetitive play to come in the future. As strauss develops into the new level of footy i think he could become a great midfielder.

he's got a very good accurate long kick. You just have to look at his delivery to Watts in The game he played against WA

Not much info out there on Strauss at the moment. He hurt his ankle in a practice match for Casey in the pre-season after showing some promising form.

He returned to the reserves a couple of weeks ago, and Casey coach Peter German stated:

'Straussy' was out injured for three or four weeks before this match. He got caught out a couple of times. He's got to adapt to playing against stronger men, but he had modified game time, so hopefully he can play a full game this week.

I don't think he has played since so perhaps school footy comittments or injury.

He's back from whatever the injury is. Played Casey reserves on the weekend which is good, but he also managed to get reported so hopefully nothing in it. I would think another game or 2 in the reserves before he pushes for Casey seniors.

'James Strauss – 'Straussy' was serviceable, after coming back from injury, but unfortunately he got reported. He needs to get some more match fitness under his belt.'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

VFL Reserves Round 7

Back in the reserves this week and seems to have found some form. One report had him collecting easy ball but that is something to build on and hopefully he will be promoted back to the VFL seniors next week.

Stats:
36 possessions; 16 kicks, 20 handballs, 9 marks, 4 tackles

What Peter German had to say about his game:
James played in the backline and had a very good first half. He was one of the best up until half-time and a bit after that. He took a step forward, after an average game last week, so he rebounded strongly. His good game will help his chances of being promoted to the Casey seniors.

VFL Reserves Round 8

Spent a second game in the reserves last week, forgot to add this here so this is how he went.

Stats:
32 Possessions; Kicks 17, Handballs 15, Marks 9, Tackles 1, Goals 1

He's not far away from senior VFL selection, but we had 15 Melbourne-listed players play in the seniors on the weekend. He was solid again in the back-half. He provided good drive out of defence and is starting to get a good grasp of playing with bigger and stronger players.

VFL Seniors Round 9

Made his way back into the seniors and apparently played quite well, hopefully he can build from this and start to dominate at this level as he was VFL 2's.

Stats:
18 Possessions; Kicks 9, Handballs 9, Marks 3, Tackles 3, Assists 5

James was back in the seniors after a few games in the seconds. He was good and showed a few things why he was drafted. His run from the back half was really good run, as was his ball use. We're looking forward to him growing from this game.

I'm looking forward to seeing Strauss and Blease in 2010 as much as any player in the upcoming draft. Can't wait to see him use the ball and be a playmaker for us. I reckon he'll be a good size too.

listed as 184cm and 70kg

up close he looks pretty damn big already but he could probably fill out to a Moloney sized body if need be

Man cant wait to watch this guy play!

Super penetrating kicks, good acceleration.

Get the kid a bit of grunt and his the next luke hodge.

big call... but looking forward to watching him play next year.

Really struggled in his first game and dropped after his second and last game for the year. Seemed to struggle for consistancy at VFL level, can only get better. 1\10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back