Delisted Jason Holmes

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-...putin-borrowed-a-super-bowl-ring--permanently

Well apparently Nick Riewoldt and Jason Holmes had a bet...

'You've become an NFL fan?
"Tragic" is what I would say. I love it. I support the Texans and go to all their home games when I am there. And the college football as well. I've been really fortunate as a Houston fan to see one of the great defensive careers take shape in JJ Watt. Seeing him come in as a rookie, he's a once-in-a-generation player.

What about your St Kilda teammates? More and more Australian sportspeople seem to be following the NFL.
They are. It's really shifted away. When I was a younger player, everyone was obsessed with the English Premier League. But as the coverage has increased and improved, the interest in the American sports and particularly football and basketball has really blossomed. At St Kilda, I had a fun week for the wildcard round. Houston won the AFC South, and Oakland finished in the five slot. Jason Holmes, our American import and ruckman, is the brother of Andre Holmes, who is a receiver for Oakland. We had a bet going that week. The loser had to wear the others colours for the week.'

Fortunately not a match fixing bet or anything though :)

Seems as though Holmes (along with Acres, Battle and a double from Marshall) scored a goal in the practice match yesterday for Sandy against Williamstown. Too many behinds though in the final score for the whole team.

I'm really disappointed for the guy.

It's hard not to be ambivalent. I'm loving the job Hickey's doing (record-breaking stuff!).

But there's the "born in the USA" thing (like me!) And I met Jason briefly a couple of years ago at a function at Linen House, and he seemed like a great bloke - even tweeted back to me :) When he got a couple of games, I thought "great for his development". Then nothing.

I hope he's still enjoying his "journey" - must check out his twitter again.

I got in touch with Hugh Goddard via twitter hoping to ask him a few easy questions but he told me everything has to go through the clubs media people now . He gave me a women's email address so I asked her could I ask Hugh just some basic questions for this fan sight . She was polite but said unfortunately no they can't have players talking to just anyone these days because things get taken out of context and so forth and it can lead to trouble so my great idea to help my page was doomed before it even started . Maybe that's why you haven't heard from him , they might have be warned not to talk to people on social media .

Sent via HAL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back