Oakland Raiders San Jose Sharks
HOWE%20Jeremy.png

Number: 38
Height: 190cm
Weight: 86kg
DOB: 29-06-1990
Debut: 2011

Club Profile

Demonwikihttp://www.melbournefc.com.au/playe.../senior/season/2010/selected/bio/default.aspx

Re: Jeremy Howe

Cult hero already.

Can't wait to yell "Hoooowwwwiiieeeeee!!!" at the G when he launches for a mark over Watts' shoulders.

The Mercury - Draft Gives sparkie a shock

DRAFTED by Melbourne on Thursday night, Jeremy Howe was back on the job one last time yesterday before hanging up the electrician's pliers and starting his new career as an AFL footballer on Monday.

The fourth-year apprentice was bombarded by phone calls and texts yesterday wishing him well after the Dees used their second draft selection (No. 33) to snap up the high-flying Russell Robertson-style forward.

howe1.jpg

I was present at all those matches in that Youtube clip, he can take a massive leap this guy and will be certainly one to watch next year.
Was one of the very rare highlights for Hobart in the TSL this past season, they finished second last.

Terrific guy too :thumbsu:

Cheers Kingpin. A quick question - do you think Howe is one of those players that will enjoy and possibly excel at a higher level? Or do you think his deficiencies could be exposed?

Cheers Kingpin. A quick question - do you think Howe is one of those players that will enjoy and possibly excel at a higher level? Or do you think his deficiencies could be exposed?

He's going to have to work very, very hard at things but I believe if he does the right things, looks after his body, he certainly could, yes.
I think he'll take a bit of time to get used to the higher intensity of AFL football, the level of intensity at TSL level isn't very good and the speed and pressure might expose him a bit early on but with all the testing and training they do these days, he may very well rise to the challenge.
He had big wraps on him before, when he was playing in the SFL for Dodges Ferry before coming up to Hobart to have a crack at a higher level, so I think he appreciates the challenge.
Put it this way, I watched Jack Riewoldt and Colin Garland playing in comps that I would consider inferior (and much slower) than the TSL and they made it so anything's possible, certainly.
Jeromey Webberley at Richmond this year played in a senior TSL premiership for Clarence in 2009 and was second in the Tassie Medal (the old William Leitch) that year and was the most developed player of the lot but only got limited AFL game time late on in the season, so who knows.

All comes down to attitude, opportunity and work ethic :thumbsu:

Do you watch these players or just think that because it is the internet you can make claims which have no actual backing?

Beg yours? :confused:
In answer to your question, Howe, I watched quite a lot of in the time he was at Hobart (a real goer and towards the end of the season an excitement machine) and as for the others mentioned, saw them (albeit briefly) in other matches around the ground or on TV.
Does that make me some kind of expert on each and every player trotting around? No, but as a supporter I just gave my opinion on what I saw and what I think.

PS: Seeing as though you appear to be some kind of expert on the whole thing, step up and enlighten everyone on your opinions.
You dispute which parts have no basis.

Or are you another one of these s**t for brains local Tassie footballers?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol at WattsGoodForYou.. my very first post on bigfooty was about Trent Zomer struggling in the VFL - and Wattsy made exactly the same comment to me as above.

It happened that I had seen him play many times and even had several close mates playing at Sandy (and 2 mates at Melbourne) at the time so I had plenty of good info.

Settle down Wattsy - there are actually some people on here who have something decent to contribute. :thumbsu:

Lol at WattsGoodForYou.. my very first post on bigfooty was about Trent Zomer struggling in the VFL - and Wattsy made exactly the same comment to me as above.

It happened that I had seen him play many times and even had several close mates playing at Sandy (and 2 mates at Melbourne) at the time so I had plenty of good info.

Settle down Wattsy - there are actually some people on here who have something decent to contribute. :thumbsu:

Well noted. I (now) have two rules ..No posting drunk and no posting while heart broken. Apologies to both of you I will shape up..or ship out.

Now lets get this back on track about J Howe.

Well noted. I (now) have two rules ..No posting drunk and no posting while heart broken. Apologies to both of you I will shape up..or ship out.

Now lets get this back on track about J Howe.

Dont worry I learnt very quickly that youre a quality poster. :thumbsu:

Anyway I was wondering about Howes defensive attributes. His highight package is full of attacking moves. Do you Tassie guys have any views?

Jem is from my local club. Nice kid and a super talent. He's always been a bit inconsistent but he's got the tools to be a very good player...Sounds like he's determined to give it a real crack over there. I was surprised that he went at 33, but best of luck to him.

Great to see a Dodges Ferry kid get drafted.

Dont worry I learnt very quickly that youre a quality poster. :thumbsu:

Anyway I was wondering about Howes defensive attributes. His highight package is full of attacking moves. Do you Tassie guys have any views?

You have broken Wattsy's rule new posting rule #1, get your act together Wattsy, he's not worth it!!!

BF broke up with that day. Sent an apology. His comments are quality. Mine are not.

EFA.

Dont get your panties in a twist little Wattsy. Yes, other people do know more about Tassie footy than you.

Kudos for the apology, but you are still and always will be douche of the highest order.

Jeremy Howe!! Ra ra ra ra, yeah, ra ra raaaa, he can take a hanger, yeah, RA RA RA RA!! Howe!!!

Ive watched him plays heaps of footyball as youse can tell.

Round: 11 vs. Essendon

Stats: 19 disposals,
10 kicks,
9 handballs,
6 marks,
3 tackles,
1 goal 1 behind
Other stats: 11 (!) Contested possessions, 3 contested marks

DT Score: 86
SC Score: 97

Howe had a solid debut, and his second and third efforts were a highlight along with his impressive vertical leap and strong hands. I kept my eye on Howe all night and was really impressed by his desire to win the ball. His disposal by foot was solid, but his ability to find the best team mate by hand was exciting. He started the team goal that ended with the Trengove > Moloney combination, due to his releasing one-two handball, which was really exciting stuff. He showed he has a good turn of speed as well as an ability to maneuver in and out of traffic. His decision making could've been better and composure will come with time (could've steadied and kicked the sealer in the last quarter). His goal was just reward for the solid work all night, and he definitely excited us all with his contested pack marks and the beautiful pass to Greeny in the square (which he almost cocked up).

Excellent debut by Howe: 7.5/10

Keep his spot?: Yes. Competing with Petterd, and at the moment, Petterd is horribly out of form.

Best part was his extremely hard work to get to the contests. He took 2 marks at HB from kickins and was there at many other contests. He was then also prominent inside 50. That's a great workethic from a youngster.

Best part was his extremely hard work to get to the contests. He took 2 marks at HB from kickins and was there at many other contests. He was then also prominent inside 50. That's a great workethic from a youngster.

Absolutely agree. The best part about that is we are terrible at the kick ins- especially without Jamar. Having someone else push up helps immensely.

I thought his debut was fantastic myself.

Petterd has a real fight on his hands here - Jurrah, Petterd and Howe is too many medium forwards imo.

Most will agree with you- but I think there is room for all of them. Provided Jurrah, Howe and Petterd don't all go contesting for every mark and one of them stays at ground level each contest, it could work. All three appear very capable at ground level, at least as competent as Aussie has been this season, and to a lesser extent Maric.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back