Play Nice Jobe Watson hands back Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't know or care whether he was pushed, shoved or neither, it was the right decision and credit to him.

Would be surprised if Cotchin or Mitchell wanted the medal but it would be interesting if one did and the other one didn't.

926.gif

A lot of dopers in numerous different sports try to take the stuff that is not yet on the banned list to try and dodge the rules in order to not "break the rules" and say the stuff is "not scientifically proven to be performance enhancing" and then finally fall back on the "I didn't know what was being put in...it was my doctor".

Its the same crap every time. Its laughable that football people have fallen for it. At no point during the hundreds or thousands of injections did the players go "hmmm, I wonder what this could be? Maybe I shouldnt be doing this."

I lol.
Okay so where is your evidence that they deliberately intended to cheat?

How do both Cronulla and Essendon players from different codes in different cities decide around the same time frame to cheat? While both having the same man in common?

About bloody time. If he had any honor at all he would have handed it back ages ago. Like all his jabber buddies he wanted to keep holding on even though it was futile.

My view too.

No surprise he has decided this just before the AFL findings were going to be released.

What are the odds the AFL game the Bombers a call to tip them off, like they did when they got a sniff that the Bombers were about to be investigated for their supplements saga...

About bloody time. If he had any honor at all he would have handed it back ages ago. Like all his jabber buddies he wanted to keep holding on even though it was futile.
Totally agree, although doing this let's the AFL off the hook again. Now they do not have to be the bad guys who stripped him of it.

What was the magic drug he took that made him win a brownlow?

I mean, he totally intended to cheat and knew exactly that this magic drug would make him the best in the sport.

All he team mates where in on the top secret magic drug experiment. They rolled up their sleeves and said "inject me with drugs God damn it!!!!".

But Jobe also knew that if all his team mates took the magic drug then they all might be equal first brownlow medallists.

So Jobe the scum bag he is, changed the doses in Danks secret dungeon so all his team mates only got a little bit of the magic drug.

Jobe never once trained that preseason, he knew the magic drug would work. he sat around all day like a junkie getting injected thousands of times "you have all read the papers".

WADA, ASADA they knew about this magic drug. They know how powerful it is, they know it is so powerful that even if they tested the players blood twice, they would never find a trace.

Putting aside my usual biased hatred of all things Essendon, it is with a great deal of thought that I say 'F#* YOU' Jobe Watson.

Usually, I could understand the reluctance of not wanting to give up a medal that one (if only yourself) believes to have been won fairly.
I mean, most people could understand this stance and even applaud it, if there is uncertainty around the player's Guilt.

However, my thought on this would be (if I was an AFL player - and it was my integrity called into question), 'OK I know I'm innocent, but in the interest of proving to others and myself that I am a worthy winner, I will hand it back and make them eat their words by busting my gut to win it again and put the answer beyond all doubt'...

That is, If it wasn't 100% already proven beyond all shadow of a doubt, that at the very minimum, the Players including myself were guilty at the very least of taking a banned (not necessarily 'performance enhancing') substance, and having it administered via an injection by someone other than the club doctor.

Knowing at least this much is true - I cannot fathom how Jobe could actually protest and whine and bitch about this to the media, then run off to another country like a kid throwing a tanty, whilst leaving his Dad to defend his actions.

Only to then return to the country, knowing all appeals had failed, and decide to not only play on another year, but hang on to the medal for yet more weeks, as long as possible, subjecting everyone else in the country to endless media reports and having this thrust under our noses for 2+ years, when he could have avoided it all had he have given it back at the start.

In Addition to this, he actually folds and hands it back a couple of days before the deadline, instead of having it taken from him, having cried innocence for so long.

What a spineless and absolute joke of a 'Professional sportsman' hes is.

Also what an absolute Joke the AFL is for trying to pass the buck to Sam Mitchell & Trent Cotchin to try and publicly shame another player.

This whole debacle is one of the most unsavory sporting violations in history, and how dare the AFL even entertain the idea of calling it a 'NULL' year.

If Watson is 100% guilty, then Mitchell & Cotchin are 100% percent deserved winners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

926.gif

A lot of dopers in numerous different sports try to take the stuff that is not yet on the banned list to try and dodge the rules in order to not "break the rules" and say the stuff is "not scientifically proven to be performance enhancing" and then finally fall back on the "I didn't know what was being put in...it was my doctor".

Its the same crap every time. Its laughable that football people have fallen for it. At no point during the hundreds or thousands of injections did the players go "hmmm, I wonder what this could be? Maybe I shouldnt be doing this."

I lol.

You just proved my point by saying dopers try and take stuff thats not yet on the banned list to not break the rules, in this scenario they are intentionally trying to break the rules. Again I reiterate if you genuinely think the players intended to break the rules, you are either so blinded by your hatred of Essendon, trolling, or stupid. You sir may be all three.

Okay so where is your evidence that they deliberately intended to cheat?

How do both Cronulla and Essendon players from different codes in different cities decide around the same time frame to cheat? While both having the same man in common?

So because two different clubs went to the same crooked "doctor" at two different times it absolves them of responsibility for what they put into their own bodies?

Ah I see.

Many decisions take a long time. It took them a while to consider playing again as well.

Who cares if it took long? If he wants to give it back, let him do it in his own time. The pressure is ridiculous.
Shouldn't be his decision.

Him handing back is typical Essendon & AFL spin.

They couldn't bring themselves to make the easiest decision they'll ever face so they've constructed a story that the braindead will swallow whole.

If the AFL were prepared to let him keep it he would.

What are the odds the AFL game the Bombers a call to tip them off, like they did when they got a sniff that the Bombers were about to be investigated for their supplements saga...

I'm guessing they gave him a choice between giving it up himself or having it stripped. The AFL should have stripped him of it long ago.

Actually, the term "cheat" implies intent to do wrong. From Jobe's perspective, that's not what happened here.

cheat
tʃiːt/
verb
  1. act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.
noun
noun: cheat; plural noun: cheats
a person who behaves dishonestly in order to gain an advantage.

He took 'supplements' and neither checked into what was in them nor reported them, both of which he was required to do by the code, all the while saying he was following the code.

Even even at the kindest interpretation, he was being dishonest about something designed to provide an advantage (they weren't taking supplements to hurt their performance after all).

So by the very definition, he's a cheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back