Jones or Monfries?

Remove this Banner Ad

nighthawk

All Australian
Mar 25, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Essendon
I've got both, and can only get rid of one. I'm not sure whether to wait longer or trade before their prices change.

Jones still has a fair bit of value in him, and if I'm going to trade him I would rather do it before he loses me 80k. The only thing keeping his price decent is the 90 he got in round 1, which will be out of the 3 round price equation by next week. If he is stuck out of position due to the Roos' injury problems, then there isn't any point in keeping him around i suppose. On the other hand, perhaps he will start scoring decently again, and i've done the dreaded gun-for-gun trade.

Monfries should also go, but has less value to lose and has actually been scoring higher i think, bar one round. I'm just not sure whether it's worth trading him out instead and upgrading Jones.

Money isn't really an issue, and I can get any forward. I'm thinking Hall is good value atm, but having looked at previous stats, he's only averaged over 90 throughout a year once (last year), and whilst the same is true about fevola and g. ablett, they seem to be having better years, and they're definitely more heavily relied upon as main forwards than Hall, who's in a team where everyone seems to share the possessions and goals.

Otherwise I could just buy one of the more proven forwards (johnson, lucas, chapman etc) and forego the 50-60k, but I'm also thinking of buying Goodwin and/or Brown in the next few rounds after their prices continue to drop, and I'm not that rich to be able to upgrade all three.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could offer some advice and make my decision easier regarding who to trade out, and who to trade in. Cheers.

I've got both, and can only get rid of one. I'm not sure whether to wait longer or trade before their prices change.

Jones still has a fair bit of value in him, and if I'm going to trade him I would rather do it before he loses me 80k. The only thing keeping his price decent is the 90 he got in round 1, which will be out of the 3 round price equation by next week. If he is stuck out of position due to the Roos' injury problems, then there isn't any point in keeping him around i suppose. On the other hand, perhaps he will start scoring decently again, and i've done the dreaded gun-for-gun trade.

Monfries should also go, but has less value to lose and has actually been scoring higher i think, bar one round. I'm just not sure whether it's worth trading him out instead and upgrading Jones.

Money isn't really an issue, and I can get any forward. I'm thinking Hall is good value atm, but having looked at previous stats, he's only averaged over 90 throughout a year once (last year), and whilst the same is true about fevola and g. ablett, they seem to be having better years, and they're definitely more heavily relied upon as main forwards than Hall, who's in a team where everyone seems to share the possessions and goals.

Otherwise I could just buy one of the more proven forwards (johnson, lucas, chapman etc) and forego the 50-60k, but I'm also thinking of buying Goodwin and/or Brown in the next few rounds after their prices continue to drop, and I'm not that rich to be able to upgrade all three.

I'd really appreciate it if someone could offer some advice and make my decision easier regarding who to trade out, and who to trade in. Cheers.

How many trades you got left, How much cash and what is your team?

If you have 100 k in the bank and 20 trades I would go:
Monfries for Hawkins
Jones for Brad Johnson
Upgrade to Goodwin after Sydney
Upgrade Hawkins after they play Richmond (3 rounds)

How many trades you got left, How much cash and what is your team?

If you have 100 k in the bank and 20 trades I would go:
Monfries for Hawkins
Jones for Brad Johnson
Upgrade to Goodwin after Sydney
Upgrade Hawkins after they play Richmond (3 rounds)

I've got 17 trades and 345k (after already downgrading last week so i could upgrade this week). So... I don't really need to trade to make money. Can't really afford to either (trades wise). Can afford to upgrade both eventually, but already have to use one trade this turn to upgrade C. A. Johnson from my backs, who i think is a higher priority to get out of the side, as McPhee is shooting up in price, and I don't want to have Ellis in my side another week.

I've got 17 trades and 345k (after already downgrading last week so i could upgrade this week). So... I don't really need to trade to make money. Can't really afford to either (trades wise). Can afford to upgrade both eventually, but already have to use one trade this turn to upgrade C. A. Johnson from my backs, who i think is a higher priority to get out of the side, as McPhee is shooting up in price, and I don't want to have Ellis in my side another week.

So you have 16 trades available with 1 to spare this round & 345 K in the bank?

I would trade Monfies for Gun
You are just going to have to wear the loses from Corey Jones IMO

dont trade them yet. upgrade to j brown soon. you dont have any trades to waste at the moment. also have a look at b hall and tredrea soon.

i have c jones too, he will have to go if laidley keeps playing him this way.

So you have 16 trades available with 1 to spare this round & 345 K in the bank?

I would trade Monfies for Gun
You are just going to have to wear the loses from Corey Jones IMO

So you think Jones will improve? I'm happy to wear the losses as long as he recovers eventually. I'm just not sure he'll be getting over 60 anytime soon.

dont trade them yet. upgrade to j brown soon. you dont have any trades to waste at the moment. also have a look at b hall and tredrea soon.

i have c jones too, he will have to go if laidley keeps playing him this way.

so he's not definitely stuck in that position? how long are you gonna give him? surely the longer you wait, the more he's likely to drop. and as i said, that 90 from round one will be out of the equation soon, meaning a potential plummet

so he's not definitely stuck in that position? how long are you gonna give him? surely the longer you wait, the more he's likely to drop. and as i said, that 90 from round one will be out of the equation soon, meaning a potential plummet

its hard cos theres no real good cheap backs imo. i also made the big mistake in taking polak instead of x clarke. so what im thinking is leaving c jones for a bit, even though ill lose cash, wait for whitnall to get some form and plonk him in for polak. then i think about c jones. jones will prob still get some good scores but mostly crap ones.

monfries will most likely be upgraded to j brown in 2 weeks.

its hard cos theres no real good cheap backs imo. i also made the big mistake in taking polak instead of x clarke. so what im thinking is leaving c jones for a bit, even though ill lose cash, wait for whitnall to get some form and plonk him in for polak. then i think about c jones. jones will prob still get some good scores but mostly crap ones.

monfries will most likely be upgraded to j brown in 2 weeks.

ah, rite. see, i've got him in my forward line, so could think of many decent people i'd want in my team.

with that in mind, would you still not trade him?

I have Jones in my forward line, and I think I'm going to hold onto him.
Extremely tempted to swap him for O'Keefe, but trades are just so valuable and I feel he deserves a bit more of a chance.
I'll give it a couple more weeks I think, I don't want to get rid of him and regret it.

I just saw that you have over 300k, so I guess in that situation - and if you think he is one of your sides biggest weaknesses/letdowns - it wouldn't be such a bad idea.

ESSENDON FANS:

What is wrong with Monfries?

Was he over-hyped?
Is he not playing a role suited to him?
Has he just had a few average games?
Is he likely to improve?

He was talked up big time by many over pre-season.

Thoughts?

I've got the same problem re: Corey Jones.

Very tempted to get rid of him this week, but realistically he has only had one bad game...
...and, take out the 4 clangers last week (2 shots for goal out OOTF I think), and he still gets 80 odd.

But, still, for his price, he certainly isn't performing either way.

Not sure he'll score all that well this week either, v. a Brisbane team who love to chip it around and limit opp. forward thrusts.

btw, if you're after Goodwin for the lowest possible price, I'd be waiting more than a week...his price will be dropping for the next 3 at least. :thumbsu:

Oh, yeah...and Monfries sucks!! No idea what all the hype was about. Very average scores last year, no real reason he would improve this year.
Quite possibly the most over-rated player in this whole comp!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decent Stats by Monfries today:

16 possies, 8 marks, 4 tackles, 1 goal

Not sure how he scored though (Supercoach)

I traded him this week, hope Hawkins has a good one to justify the trade. Hawkins does not have to have a huge game, as it freed up alot of money also. Overall still think Monfires will be up and down all season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back