Past Josh Drummond (2004-2012)

Remove this Banner Ad

Leadership shortlist

On Wednesday, the players were asked to nominate players for the two vacancies left by Black and Power. The six players shortlisted were Josh Drummond, Tom Rockliff, Matthew Leuenberger, James Polkinghorne, Daniel Rich and Mitch Clark.

drummond9.jpg

Quad problems aren't normally that bad, but Brisbane seem to have longer term quad issues for some strange reason and Drummond is the biggest culprit.

Wasn't he out for nearly 10 weeks with a quad strain a few years back?

Kicking 75m stab passes can really strain the quad though!

Brennan lost half a season on a four week quad injury a couple of years back, and I'm pretty sure Drummond had one almost as long that same year. Last two years was relatively quad-free, so hopefully we've improved in that area. It was definitely an area of concern.

Listed as "3/4 weeks- quad" today. As distinct from the 4 weeks listed last week.

That means, at best [ie it'll never happen in his case] Round 3. But don't count on it. Clarke will probably be back before Drummond.

I would probably rate him the worst player for our team to have out, just above brown :(
Perhaps but I think, with the development of Hanley and the return of Adcock to full fitness, we're able to cover his loss better than we have in the past.

Lions announce three new leaders
3:08 PM Mon 21 Mar, 2011

Brisbane Lions trio Josh Drummond, Mitch Clark and Tom Rockliff have been elevated to the Lions' leadership group for 2011, Senior Coach Michael Voss announced today.

27-year-old Drummond is most experienced of the three new leaders with 72 senior games, while 21-year-old Rockliff is the youngest in only his third season with the Club.

"Josh Drummond, at 27, has long served in a mentoring role to the younger guys who have come through, and we felt that he was deserving of that official recognition of being elevated to the leadership group."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Link to article

Drummond, 27, still made the group despite a spate of injuries limiting him to 72 games since his 2005 AFL debut. A serious knee injury restricted him to just seven 2010 matches.
And he will miss the start of 2011 due to a quad complaint.
"I am working my butt off to improve and I am confident once I get out there in a couple of weeks I will be good to go - I am confident I will be out there for a big chunk this year," Drummond said.

Brett Burton

Drummo is running up to 100 percent and is the best he’s felt in a while. We are looking to get him into modified training in the next couple of weeks.

drummond.jpg

Say Drummond returns in round 5 for the St. Kilda game. With the Lions having Merrett, Patfull, Maguire, Adcock, McGrath and Hanley playing down back, what do you guys think of Drummond playing up forward?

How come Drummond isn't played as a midfielder like Dal Santo? I would be finding every opportunity to get him firing more of his laser-like kicks around the ground...so good to watch.

Brett Burton

Drummo is tracking well. All going according to plan, he'll be back at full training this week and we estimate he's about a week away from playing.

Weekly injury update

9:37 AM Tue 05 Apr, 201

Josh Drummond
He’s tracking well. He trained with the main group last week which was good. We are trying to get some continuity into his training. He’s looking to play possibly next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back