Past Josh Drummond (2004-2012)

Remove this Banner Ad

Leigh Matthews

To look beyond the obvious, the big plus is confirmation that Jared Brennan is now an All-Australian standard player. By my definition, that is a player who will be among the 50 or 60 who will be considered by the selectors for the 22 spots in the All-Australian side. We can also add Josh Drummond to the same category.

Given the apparent success of the Ligament Augmentation & Reconstruction System in Rodans case, would it be worth Drummo looking at this? I don't know about the pros/cons of it, but I would think that if he can get back before the end of the season it'd be worth doing.

drummond.jpg

FWIW in the preamble to the Tiges/Ade game the commentators just mentioned that Lynchy mentioned that Drummo is a potential candidate for LARS surgery.

FWIW in the preamble to the Tiges/Ade game the commentators just mentioned that Lynchy mentioned that Drummo is a potential candidate for LARS surgery.

Heard that. With the immense success seen in Rodan and Malceski's recovery let's cross our fingers and hope Drummo can see an equally hasty and successful recovery. The bloke deserves some good luck.

Lynch generally has pretty good info re: Brisbane players but he doesn't happen to be Drummo's manager as well does he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LARS surgery may be out of the question :(

Courier Mail

BRISBANE will scan Josh Drummond in the hope of finding a ligament stub in his shattered knee that will allow them to employ the radical LARS surgery.

The fact Drummond was walking around the Gabba changerooms after Saturday's loss to Fremantle is considered a bad sign. Because he was pain-free, the Lions fear the ligament has been ripped completely off the bone rather than torn, which would leave nerve endings that would cause pain.

I'm absolutely shattered too Fairley :(

His value to the team is immeasurable - he's been in terrific form down back and was doing a good job last night. And that goal he kicked was sublime.

When he went down just in front of where we sit last night and clutched at his knee straight away I just wanted to cry. Still want to cry :(

Poor Drummo, he reminds me of Brad Boyd with his injury curse. It seems as though we are never going to see a full season of him at his best. A huge blow to our year with our most damaging kick gone.

Poor Drummo, he reminds me of Brad Boyd with his injury curse. It seems as though we are never going to see a full season of him at his best.

Unfortunately, Drummo seems to share a similar curse. His best games return was 20 in 09, followed by 14(05), 13(08), 11(07) and 7 (06 & 10), so whatever the outcome this year, we really have had only one full season out of him, which is devastating considering the quarterback type role he offers the team. One can only feel for him, he must be absolutely gutted, I know I and most here are.

Link

Voss confirmed on Monday that Josh Drummond had indeed 'categorically' damaged the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee. The club is awaiting scans to see if the nature of the tear makes Drummond a candidate for the radical Ligament Augmentation and Reconstruction System (LARS) surgery.

Even if Drummond goes down the path of David Rodan and Nick Malceski, who both made prompt and successful recoveries after opting for LARS surgery over a traditional knee reconstruction, he will still miss the remainder of the 2010 AFL season.

Not good news at all. Is Rich capable of filling the role now left vacated by Drummond? I'm not sure if he has the same endurance level as Drummond but it might be a good way of teaching him more of the defensive side of the game as well as getting him more involved in the game. He seems to go missing at times as compared to his outstanding first year.

Link

His absence leaves a huge gap in Brisbane's defence and is also devastating for Drummond on a personal front. He has become one of Brisbane's most important players because of his vastly improved man-on-man defensive ability and the surgical precision of his foot passing, and was positioned to enter the upper pay bracket.

But Drummond's inability to play a full season in the past and now the likelihood he won't be available until midway through next year would have robbed him of the bargaining power he would have taken to his next round of contract negotiations.

drummond1.jpg

But Drummond's inability to play a full season in the past and now the likelihood he won't be available until midway through next year would have robbed him of the bargaining power he would have taken to his next round of contract negotiations.
I guess that's one positive to come out of it for the club, if you could call it that.

Link

Lions defender Josh Drummond today underwent knee surgery after injuring his Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) last Saturday night against Fremantle at the Gabba.

Club surgeon Dr Jim Fardoulys was able to successfully perform Ligament Augmentation and Reconstruction System (LARS) surgery on Drummond's left knee which is expected to speed up his recovery process.

While the injury remains severe, the successful surgery opens up the chance for Drummond to return later in the 2010 season.

Drummond will commence his rehabilitation program immediately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back