Delisted Josh Green (2010-2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

BRAD JOHNSON: Power of green energy
Brad Johnson
June 6th, 2012

ALL the big names stood out in Round 10 Gary Ablett, Lance Franklin, Jack Riewoldt, Josh Green ... Wait, who? Yep, that's right, Josh Green. One of the most intriguing things to come out of an interesting round was the impact of the sub, particularly in the Brisbane game. Josh Green might not be much of a big name, but his impact in helping the Lions get over the line was just as important as Jack Riewoldt kicking eight for the Tigers on Friday night.

It was great to watch such a young player take his chance and ignite his teammates into action, creating the spark that led to the Lions kicking eight goals in a final quarter that ran for 37-and-a-half minutes. So often it is left up to Jonathan Brown to win the game for Brisbane and he did play his part, but this time it was the super sub of Green and a 65m barrel from James Polkinghorne that stole the show for the Lions.

7160213361_e92a1626f2.jpg

Didnt someone recently say he didnt have the Pace of Banfield? Think he disproved that a bit...Imagine having two crimson bolts in the forward line!

I still don't think he's got the same turn of speed as Banfield, who really is at another level compared to most in the AFL. But that's not to say he's slow by any means, he's definitely up there.

Reserves Dealt Suns Shock
22 Jul, 2012

Josh Green and Jordan Lisle were standouts for the Lions all day, and they kick-started their teams’ second quarter with two individual flashes of brilliance.

First Green scythed between several defenders, took a bounce, and curled through a left-footed goal at full pace from 30 metres out. Josh Green ... won 28 touches.

Reserves Dealt Suns Shock
22 Jul, 2012

Josh Green and Jordan Lisle were standouts for the Lions all day, and they kick-started their teams’ second quarter with two individual flashes of brilliance.

First Green scythed between several defenders, took a bounce, and curled through a left-footed goal at full pace from 30 metres out. Josh Green ... won 28 touches.
yourhotgreen.jpg

Just one of the 28 with a bit of scything and some encouragement from The Doc - Saturday's game versus GCS.

Josh Green signs 2 year contract

THE Brisbane Lions have secured two key components of their plans for the future by locking away youngsters Josh Green and Claye Beams on new two-year deals.

Lions football manager Dean Warren last night confirmed Green and Beams had agreed to the terms of their deals and an announcement would be made by the club within the coming days.

Warren said Green, who the club took with pick 32 in the 2010 draft, had emerged as a damaging forward in 14 games for the club but believed he could eventually force his way into the midfield.

"Green has shown us he is going to be a player of the future," he said.

"He is really, really clean, good in traffic and has good skills."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a big fan of Green. He's still a work in progress but I can see a super player in the making. Can't wait to see him in the middle. I'm not usually one to make big calls, but I think he will transform our midfield. His pace will compliment the grunt players like Redden and Rockliff. He will provide the energy to spark the others into an attacking mindset.

I am a big fan of Green. He's still a work in progress but I can see a super player in the making. Can't wait to see him in the middle. I'm not usually one to make big calls, but I think he will transform our midfield. His pace will compliment the grunt players like Redden and Rockliff. He will provide the energy to spark the others into an attacking mindset.
All he needs is an experienced group around him to nurture and prod and enable him to develop. Maybe when he is ready to step into the middle the Rs will be the group to do that.

Green kicks on with aim of midfield spot at Lions
August 17, 2012
Greg Davis

And the flame-haired Tasmanian intends to settle into a permanent position in the Lions midfield in 2013 and beyond.

The 19-year-old from Clarence played five senior games in 2011 after being drafted with pick No.32 in 2010.

He inherited the No.6 jumper worn with distinction by club great Luke Power and hopes to emulate the triple premiership winner's career path from the forward pocket to the on-ball division.

Green's blistering pace, safe hands and good decision-making skills in traffic would certainly be welcomed in Brisbane's midfield rotation, but the former Tasmanian under-18 captain is happy to bide his time for now.

148511-josh-green.jpg

This guy is a excitement machine and he is not far away from being able to really have a stamp on the game. I am extremley upbeat on what he will add to our club in the next few years. Just love the way he takes the game on.

Clearly needs a fair bit of fitness but I love his willingness to take the game on and break the lines. His field kicking on the run is pretty good but needs to take those 1 or 2 steps to settle when having a shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back