Juddy

Remove this Banner Ad

More than anyone else, Judd suffers from the absence of Gardiner- he needs to get clean possessions to work his magic, and in the absence of it, a big part of his game is stymied.

With the return of Fletcher and the good form of Chambers and Braun, the answer is simple- move Judd to the half forward flank!

If Judd started the game there, he'd be free of the suffocating tags he usually comes up against, and he'd be more likely to be in the situation where he is most lethal- that is, finding the ball in space within striking distance of goal. At the very least, he'd attract so much defensive attention that he'd give our other forwards more free space to lead into. As the game went on, a fresh Judd could push into the midfield, and give us a few dangerous minutes before he was manned up.

Judd's best game this year was against Brisbane, when he played a similar role- kick the ball into space, anywhere with 10m of him, and less than 60m from the big sticks, and odds are that moments later you'll find him accelerating into an open goal.

yea I think Judd just might need to have a day or two off to refresh himself.

His not the first 19 year old, and he'll be far from the last, to be getting fatigued and have his performance suffer over the last 4-5 weeks of a season.

I also agree that it's a good idea to play him on the HFF and limit his time in the centre....

Or swap Judd with Phil Matera.

Judd played about half of the game vs Brisbane in the forward pocket/half forward flank and it was easily his best game for the year.

Fido has been itching to get a gig in the midfield so it would be worth a punt to give him half a quarter and see what happens.

Nice idea but I doubt Fido would have the fitness. I have seen him cramp several times this year... just playing out of a forward pocket. 10 minutes in the midfield and he would be knackered...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back