Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On what basis would you say they haven't been attempting to implement tweaks and adjustments to how they play, like always?

I've banged on about that quite a bit on the previous posts I've made but in short, the lack of observable change in method and in setup prior to the last couple of weeks and dating back to about the byes last year. Also the fact that JL2 for the first time I have heard him, stated that he wanted the team to equalise numbers at the contest - a key reason why teams had been beating us or making life hard for us so easily.

Said he deserves the season.

Y'all freaked out too quick.

Shame, shame, shame.

Embarrassed Shame GIF

Directed to the nuffies that seem to disappear when we win.

Last edited:

It's taken a while for the new gameplan to click but it has now and we're looking like a very exciting young list. JL knew what he was doing and what he wanted, and it's happening.

The future looks bright.

So confusing…3 weeks ago on here it was a total crisis, JLO was a flog, all the problems were obvious and the club was run by clowns. Now all is good and the future is bright. Hard to keep up.

So confusing…3 weeks ago on here it was a total crisis, JLO was a flog, all the problems were obvious and the club was run by clowns. Now all is good and the future is bright. Hard to keep up.
I think a former coach of ours might have said that things are never as good or as bad as they seem.

Who would have thought.

Some of the posting to start the year on here has been ridiculous though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's genuinely hard to fathom that this is the same gamestyle that we were trying to play in round 1. It looks night and day.

I reckon it’s a combo of the synergy taking a bit to get going, possibly drinking our own bath water over the off season (we are an extremely young side and it’s easy to imagine young blokes getting carried away), plus Andy being hampered with that knee injury

In fairness to those wanting him sacked, things needed to change & adjustments had to be made. Our contested ball was poor & we lacked flair out of our back half, questions had to be asked but the sacking calls were a massive overreaction.

Personally I think our preseason was too cautious & it’s taken us time to work into the season. Fortunately they don’t hand out premiership cups in May & we have an opportunity to time our run, albeit still with a tough draw.

Still lots to do this year, but we’ve given ourselves a chance.

We need to put the much coveted silverware in the cupboard. Justin, as a favourite coz he's one of ours... That sentiment doesn't cut the mustard, it doesnt win silverware.

The iron is hot, the next few years is our time to strike! We have accumulated a team that we would like to think can win the flag at some point, dropping from finals last year to only 2 wins 5 losses, with no indication that he was capable of making game day changes and couldn't explain in the pressers much about where he was trying to take us to (and how), he was indicating that he was just another Mark Harvey with a better skilled team.

So. Same as last week where I was willing to eat my hat. Another win to make it 5/5 and I'm mightily pleased with game day result and extend the reprieve, Justin that was exceedingly well done, against a harder team to beat than the previous 2 wins and there are some great signs about how you are using the team - keep it up.

We need to put the much coveted silverware in the cupboard. Justin, as a favourite coz he's one of ours... That sentiment doesn't cut the mustard, it doesnt win silverware.

The iron is hot, the next few years is our time to strike! We have accumulated a team that we would like to think can win the flag at some point, dropping from finals last year to only 2 wins 5 losses, with no indication that he was capable of making game day changes and couldn't explain in the pressers much about where he was trying to take us to (and how), he was indicating that he was just another Mark Harvey with a better skilled team.

So. Same as last week where I was willing to eat my hat. Another win to make it 5/5 and I'm mightily pleased with game day result and extend the reprieve, Justin that was exceedingly well done, against a harder team to beat than the previous 2 wins and there are some great signs about how you are using the team - keep it up.

It has nothing to do with JLo being a former Freo player. It's got to do with committing to a process and not blinking. Cutting and running at the first sign of adversity is a sign of weakness.

We still have a very young team so the idea of the next few year being the time doesn't make sense to me. Keep on moving forward, keep the team together and don't panic at the first sign of a challenge is the first step. Extended success will come from there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back