Kane Lucas

Remove this Banner Ad

Was gonna say, before I saw your 6 point, that if it was Dover beach you'd be best advised to leave your shoes, at least, on.
Lots of english beaches have pebbles... Brighton beach being perhaps the most famous.

Did get pinged HTB, after Murph sold him a dump, making no attempt. Surely everyone knows that you have to, at least pretend that you want to handball.
If that was the one in the first quarter, it's a bit hard to try and handball when one are is pinned under you and the other arm is the one holding the ball.

In that situation what should he do? Drop it and try and punch it? And remember, he had no prior opportunity and was on the deck.

In fairness, I did say it was more 'the vibe' he gave off that led to the other 4.

Was it you? I don't remember. There were a lot of detractors at that time.

Was it you? I don't remember. There were a lot of detractors at that time.
A lot of detractors... they were lined up for miles to get their shot in.

And IIRC, a couple of them were firmly of the opinion that you were making s**t up about him only costing us one goal.

And IIRC, a couple of them were firmly of the opinion that you were making s**t up about him only costing us one goal.

Hmm, people that think I am full of s**t. That narrows it down ..... o_O

If that was the one in the first quarter, it's a bit hard to try and handball when one are is pinned under you and the other arm is the one holding the ball.

In that situation what should he do? Drop it and try and punch it? And remember, he had no prior opportunity and was on the deck.

My impression was that he had a hand free and merely had to make a few futile punches in the general direction of the ball. Not really a criticism because I think it's a ridiculous interpretation but one in which all players know they have to go through the motions of trying to punch it. He was definitely sold a dump but, as I said, he should be aware that he must be seen to be making an attempt, which he didn't.

It isn't unforgivable and certainly not worthy of dropping him but he should know better.

But dropdead fred said he would be delisted? we are not a god side by a long shot so Kane might well be around for a while

I know, there are 6-8 blokes who played Friday night that I really struggle to enjoy watching play because they are poor quality footballers and will always be poor quality footballers, but for what's available there is nothing we can currently do about this. Unfortunately this will be the case for some time, all you can do is sit back and remember our draft blunders and hope to hell we are on the right track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My impression was that he had a hand free and merely had to make a few futile punches in the general direction of the ball. Not really a criticism because I think it's a ridiculous interpretation but one in which all players know they have to go through the motions of trying to punch it. He was definitely sold a dump but, as I said, he should be aware that he must be seen to be making an attempt, which he didn't.

It isn't unforgivable and certainly not worthy of dropping him but he should know better.
Ok... should know better?
first image is (sorry for the quality) about 2 seconds after Murphy dumps on him... before he gets rolled and pinned.
lucastackle.png

The collingwood player has 2 hands on Lucas's arm thats holding the ball. Lucas's other arm is currently under his body.
lucastackle2.png

This is the position that Lucas was in just before the umpire blew the whistle and pinged him for holding the ball. His left arm is double pinned by the filth player and his right arm is under his body. He cant make any attempt to try and handball it away because he is completely wrapped up.

He had no prior opportunity to get rid of the ball because of the looping widowmaker handball from his captain. And people are still saying that he should have attempted to get rid of the ball.

He as tackled as soon as he received the ball and he had his arms pinned either under his body or by the filth players hands.

IS this holding the ball decision correct?

No it ******* wasnt and the filth went up the other end and scored because of a shocking umpiring decision but people are blaming Lucas for this.

a minute before... the commentators were calling him clever for his tap back to white... which was a great move btw... show a lot of smarts... then White tries to get it to Scotland who then fumbles the ball and it spills to Murphy who then looped the slow widowmaker to Lucas.

The action starts at about 26:30 in the first quarter.

Fair effort into that post, but you're wrong. Lucas just lays still like a stunned mullet. The tackler isn't so strong that Lucas isn't able to move an inch, he just needs to be trying to yank his hand free or doing something and it's ball up. That's holding the ball ever day of the week.

Fair effort into that post, but you're wrong. Lucas just lays still like a stunned mullet. The tackler isn't so strong that Lucas isn't able to move an inch, he just needs to be trying to yank his hand free or doing something and it's ball up. That's holding the ball ever day of the week.
Except in the VFL where it was a ball up every time today.

It should not be holding the ball. It is just another example of Wayne Campbell & Hayden Kennedy wrecking the game in the name of being seen to do something different. What should be holding the ball is when players are being run down by the opposition & letting the ball drop to the ground. That is holding the ball, yet is not being paid, nor are the deliberate throws. It is these acts which are creating the mauls which are ruining the spectacle of our game (& quite honestly, the game is rarely a spectacle nowadays, just a war of attrition, a cross between British Bulldog & the 2 rugby codes, ugly, ugly, ugly).

Ok... lets get on a wrestling mat, I will pin you to the ground in that position and hold your left arm like that...

And remember, I am 50 years old now and I am well out of shape, but I bet you... that you wouldnt be able to move a muscle.

You lot are now fishing for reasons about that decision.

HE had no prior before getting tackled and no way of even being able to get rid of the ball. But hey... dont let a little thing like proof get in the way of your cool stories.

That was a shocker of a decision, he got tackled before he even hit the ground. Having said that, wtf was he thinking going for a chest mark!

Yep. Its was a shocking decision by the ump. We should probably give Lucas a 3 year extension on his contract on that basis. Come to think of it, Im pretty sure I also saw the umpires illegally shepherding Kane whenever he looked like he was going to get a possession.

Not his fault, its the umpires.
Not his fault, its the team mates around him.
Not his fault, its the medical staff stuffing up his rehab.
Not his fault, its the new game plan.

At what point does Kane Lucas become accountable for where his footy career has ended up?

That was a shocker of a decision, he got tackled before he even hit the ground. Having said that, wtf was he thinking going for a chest mark!
It wasnt a kick he was trying to grab... it was a handball from Murphy... a slow looping handball.

It should not be holding the ball.
I don't disagree, but players need to have awareness on how umps adjudicate. Not making an attempt has been in place for some time now; everyone watching Lucas knew it was going to be called ball but Lucas apparently.

Ok... lets get on a wrestling mat, I will pin you to the ground in that position and hold your left arm like that...
New method to settle debates on BF? I'd prefer a good old fashioned duel myself.

HE had no prior before getting tackled and no way of even being able to get rid of the ball. But hey... dont let a little thing like proof get in the way of your cool stories.
Proof? So watching that footage, are you really claiming Lucas is actually trying to get his arm free but the tackle is so great that to the observer it looks like he is in fact laying completely still? Come on...

He doesn't have to hit the ball, he doesn't have to get his arm free, he just needs to be seen to be trying. If the tackle impedes him to the point that he can only flop his torso around slightly, fine that would still be ball up, but he doesn't move a muscle.

Yep. Its was a shocking decision by the ump. We should probably give Lucas a 3 year extension on his contract on that basis. Come to think of it, Im pretty sure I also saw the umpires illegally shepherding Kane whenever he looked like he was going to get a possession.

Not his fault, its the umpires.
Not his fault, its the team mates around him.
Not his fault, its the medical staff stuffing up his rehab.
Not his fault, its the new game plan.

At what point does Kane Lucas become accountable for where his footy career has ended up?
awesome story bro... are you for real.

awesome story bro... are you for real.

You should take a look at how hard you've been arguing that poor adjudication. Its almost like you honestly believe that because of that decision by the ump Lucas had the shittest of s**t games and his performance should be water under the bridge by now.

He had 6 possessions. I wouldnt accept such a poor output from a 1st gamer, why should I accept it from Lucas?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back