Kdfl - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steven (?) Reeves will be coaching Murchison as a non-playing coach in season 2012, I don't know a lot about him, or his style (All that I know is that he's from Shepparton East, and I think he may have coached Ardmona for a bit, if anyone can fill me in on this, I would appreciate that:thumbsu:), but it's reassuring that we've got a new coach this early, usually we fart arse around too much, but at least we can plan ahead for this season.

We'll need to because there could be some big outs for us if the rumours are true (I won't tell you here, but anyone who's got thier ear to the ground knows who I'm refering too).

Is it possible Joe that he is the father of ( Mitchell ), who played in thr premiership winning , SE thirds side ?

Tigers up and about should be a big granny it has been a long time since these 2 sides have meet GO RUSHY

2004 from memory if your talking GF's, the last time rushy won a flag;), obviously after seeing the Tigers close up yesterday there is nothing that changes my mind that Lancy will get rolled next week. We didnt take our chances early and had opportunities to have scoreboard pressure on Rushy going in at half-time but bad kicking is bad footy. We were again on top early in the 3rd but still couldnt convert and then the floodgates opened, as soon as the game opened up their leg speed and run and carry highlighted our lack of leg speed and by 3/4 time we were out on our feet.
An influx of 3 or 4 teenagers will help with the leg speed next year and that elusive Full Forward will be on top of the shopping list in the coming months.

2004 from memory if your talking GF's, the last time rushy won a flag;), obviously after seeing the Tigers close up yesterday there is nothing that changes my mind that Lancy will get rolled next week. We didnt take our chances early and had opportunities to have scoreboard pressure on Rushy going in at half-time but bad kicking is bad footy. We were again on top early in the 3rd but still couldnt convert and then the floodgates opened, as soon as the game opened up their leg speed and run and carry highlighted our lack of leg speed and by 3/4 time we were out on our feet.
An influx of 3 or 4 teenagers will help with the leg speed next year and that elusive Full Forward will be on top of the shopping list in the coming months.

Hank, so interesting to see or more like hear what a few of your diehard supporters thought of you after the game in social rooms. Fair to say they aren't to impressed with both your actions on the ground and off, seems as though there feed up with you posting everything single detail that happens at your club so hence why I laughed when I opened up bigfooty today and sure your last post. Get a life and worry
Bout getting a kick then gobbling of again. Well that was the word of the diehard supporters that I won't name given there status as club legends.
Great win by rushy going to be a ripper next week, rushy will serve it right up to lanky, trav perry is the x factor, great bloke and super footballer... Rushy to win by 12 points.:)

Chris Eddy got the week at the tribunal, would assume they'd go to appeal, interesting to see if they get the appeal up before the GF. Surely he would be available to play if they cant hear it next week. Highlights the VCFL ruling that states if your found guilty you must get a minimum of a week, there is no doubt the tribunal would have only given him a reprimand if they were able to do so.

Wasn't the GVFL part of a VCFL trial where by a player could get a reprimand.???

Hank, so interesting to see or more like hear what a few of your diehard supporters thought of you after the game in social rooms. Fair to say they aren't to impressed with both your actions on the ground and off, seems as though there feed up with you posting everything single detail that happens at your club so hence why I laughed when I opened up bigfooty today and sure your last post. Get a life and worry
Bout getting a kick then gobbling of again. Well that was the word of the diehard supporters that I won't name given there status as club legends.
Great win by rushy going to be a ripper next week, rushy will serve it right up to lanky, trav perry is the x factor, great bloke and super footballer... Rushy to win by 12 points.:)

Mr Island Way, your negativity and gas bagging on this forum is atrocious.

The point of a forum/footy board is to talk about your own respective games on the weekend. And share points about your team/club. And Hank is doing that for Stanhope, as does Bodzy for VT and.. well you apparently and a few others for Rushy.

In the future please keep positive in your posts. And have respect for others on here too. Cheers.

Wasn't the GVFL part of a VCFL trial where by a player could get a reprimand.???

Yeah that was mentioned at the tribunal the other night, but not sure as they tried to only give Matty Byers a reprimand in the 2nd last round but the VCFL overuled the tribunal and said they had to give him a week.

rushy b+f last night, won by big daniel lambden, followed by jason webb and james'jungle'martin.. good luck for satdy boys

HAHA, why didnt you tell me when you started posting about me that I was just a character in your fictitous story that you are doing for Year 7 English, you have left a bit of work for your teacher to do though.
Trav Perry, you obviously know him really well!! His first name is Tavis :eek:,and yes he is a top bloke.

I assume the club legends are the same ones that I spent a couple of hours with last night talking about the club, and another couple of hours this morning at the clubrooms cleaning up and then taking half their vehicles home for them so they could have a drink and relax after a season of hard work, or are there some other diehard supporters/club legends that don't frequent the club very often that I dont know about??:confused:

There wouldn't be a person at the club that would question my work off the field, and I'm the first to admit my output on the field hasnt been what I would have liked, but everyone at the club realises my predicament and after 3 months rest I will be back ready to go next season, I suppose there was an option to not play at all and rest for 3 months, or do whatever I could to get myself out on the ground and contribute in some form. The latter was the only option I considered, this opened me up from criticism from people such as yourself but within the club, as much as you would like to try and paint a different picture, everything is good.

How interesting Steve is coaching Murch, from all accounts he has coached Junior sides for the past 15 years with the exception of SE Seconds for a couple. Will be interesting to see if he step up to the mark since he hasn't played seniors for a number of years and is now non playing. There is a big difference between success in a 4ths side compared to seniors! Although Steve has mentioned he has 6 GV blokes signed, and for the sake of Murch one would hope some of his big talk is true, it could be a good year for them.. if he can pull through that is. All the best for Murch, they may need it! Look forward to seeing how they come up next year, could be interesting! ;)

How interesting Steve is coaching Murch, from all accounts he has coached Junior sides for the past 15 years with the exception of SE Seconds for a couple. Will be interesting to see if he step up to the mark since he hasn't played seniors for a number of years and is now non playing. There is a big difference between success in a 4ths side compared to seniors! Although Steve has mentioned he has 6 GV blokes signed, and for the sake of Murch one would hope some of his big talk is true, it could be a good year for them.. if he can pull through that is. All the best for Murch, they may need it! Look forward to seeing how they come up next year, could be interesting! ;)
I wonder if he will pull the boots on one final time, still looks super fit and with several players leaving he may be a handy inclusion to the hoppers.:D:D Wonder how my old mate Bodzy pulled up today, was a fair singalong happening in the pool house at 3 this morning and he belts out a fair tune too..:thumbsu:welcome aboard weagle 22

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where abouts is the GF being played at?

Is played at Mooroopna,i think it will suit Rushworth big ground and they spread well. Can see Lanky being in front at half time and Rushworth running home the better to win .

Seniors : Rushworth 4 goals(as stated above)
Medal : Drew Clarke

Reserves : Lancaster 2 goals (purely cause Stanhope won it last year)
Medal : Brady Cooper

Thirds : Tally ( surely can't lose )
Medal : Would'nt have a clue,someone from Tally.

Good luck to everyone involved on the weekend !!!

Is played at Mooroopna,i think it will suit Rushworth big ground and they spread well. Can see Lanky being in front at half time and Rushworth running home the better to win .

Seniors : Rushworth 4 goals(as stated above)
Medal : Drew Clarke

Reserves : Lancaster 2 goals (purely cause Stanhope won it last year)
Medal : Brady Cooper

Thirds : Tally ( surely can't lose )
Medal : Would'nt have a clue,someone from Tally.

Good luck to everyone involved on the weekend !!!

Are both Rushy and Lancy at full strength? (I know Pryde is overseas, but any others) Rushy looked good Satdy, ran the ball well and had too many options up forward for Stanhope to stop. Will be a good game.
Stanhope 2s looked good also, had a couple of kids who ran like the wind. Were they full strength or is there ins now that the seniors are out?

Are both Rushy and Lancy at full strength? (I know Pryde is overseas, but any others) Rushy looked good Satdy, ran the ball well and had too many options up forward for Stanhope to stop. Will be a good game.
Stanhope 2s looked good also, had a couple of kids who ran like the wind. Were they full strength or is there ins now that the seniors are out?

Rushy are at full strength, Lancy's only query will be Eddy pending an appeal.
Stanhope 2s will be a different side as there was 5 running around Satdy that played 9 or 10 senior games throughout the year which now means they are ineligible to play with the seniors out, there is another 5 that are eligible to slot back in from the seniors but only a couple will do so I'd say.
This was brought up last year but surely the rule needs to be looked at as to eligibility. We have a couple of players who have played 9 senior games and 11 reserves games but find themselves ineligible to play but we could play a couple that have played 8 senior games and not one reserves game.
For those that dont know the criteria;
to be eligible for the reserves finals you must have played atleast 3 club games at any level, but no more than 8 senior games. ( you do not have to play a reserves game to qualify)

Stanhope 2s will be a different side as there was 5 running around Satdy that played 9 or 10 senior games throughout the year which now means they are ineligible to play with the seniors out, there is another 5 that are eligible to slot back in from the seniors but only a couple will do so I'd say.
This was brought up last year but surely the rule needs to be looked at as to eligibility. We have a couple of players who have played 9 senior games and 11 reserves games but find themselves ineligible to play but we could play a couple that have played 8 senior games and not one reserves game.
to be eligible for the reserves finals you must have played atleast 3 club games at any level, but no more than 8 senior games. ( you do not have to play a reserves game to qualify)
It's an interesting point every year is most leagues I think Hank and varies from league to league PDFL is 4 club games and no more than 9 senior games , 1 bloke qualified for finals by playing ( or being named on the teamsheet ) for the reserves and seniors 2 weeks in a row therefore playing 4 club games ??

If lancy lose a ruck and CHF, they are hard to replace, not sure any side could cover that sort of loss. Still think they have a superior midfield and forward line but. The big guy for Rushy was good in the ruck last week and Lancy would be hoping that he doesnt play another like that.
Not a fan of the qualifications either Hank. If you play more reserves than seniors, surely that should be enough. On the other hand, if you dont play a reserves game for the year and play 8 seniors, then that shouldnt entitle you to a reserves game. (Hate to be the bloke missing a game for the player also.)

If lancy lose a ruck and CHF, they are hard to replace, not sure any side could cover that sort of loss. Still think they have a superior midfield and forward line but. The big guy for Rushy was good in the ruck last week and Lancy would be hoping that he doesnt play another like that.
Not a fan of the qualifications either Hank. If you play more reserves than seniors, surely that should be enough. On the other hand, if you dont play a reserves game for the year and play 8 seniors, then that shouldnt entitle you to a reserves game. (Hate to be the bloke missing a game for the player also.)

It needs to be changed to the same as GV, you must play 6 or more games in the 2s in the year to play in the 2s finals.

It needs to be changed to the same as GV, you must play 6 or more games in the 2s in the year to play in the 2s finals.

Yeah old mate reckon there has to be an amount of games you have played in the twos to qualify. whether it is 3(seeing you only need 3 to qualify for seniors) or more it doesn't worry me, obviously the ones that get up peoples nose are the ones that haven't played a reserves game at all, and 99% of the individuals in that boat I reckon would rather not play its just that some clubs may pressure them to play. To take it further with the guys we have missing out who have played the last 3 months in the twos, I think it should be raised from no more than 8 senior games to 10. Two of the guys who are going to miss out because of eligibility have played the last 10-11 games in the twos but because they played the first 9 in the seniors they have to sit out and watch.

Us senior blokes have a lost to answer for as if we won on Satdy I wouldnt be banging on about it and everyone could play anywhere:mad:

wrong and wrong
You are correct on the first but in error on the second. Let's face it, tripping and attempted tripping are on the sheet, why would you go again without new evidence. On the second, check Rule 8.8.1 - you do the time. Of course you can go cap in hand and shed a tear under 8.8.2 or 8.8.3 but the Appeal Board reserves the right to VARY the penalty if it chooses not to uphold the appeal and that can mean more weeks. Even if it is upheld, the build up to a Grand Final combined with the knowledge that $2500 was just spent on you adds to the pressure to perform!

You are correct on the first but in error on the second. Let's face it, tripping and attempted tripping are on the sheet, why would you go again without new evidence. On the second, check Rule 8.8.1 - you do the time. Of course you can go cap in hand and shed a tear under 8.8.2 or 8.8.3 but the Appeal Board reserves the right to VARY the penalty if it chooses not to uphold the appeal and that can mean more weeks. Even if it is upheld, the build up to a Grand Final combined with the knowledge that $2500 was just spent on you adds to the pressure to perform!

Thank you for acknowledging you were wrong

I'm sure the least of of their worries are if they VARY the penalty and he gets more weeks. Also your figure of $2500 is incorrect but even if you had somehow got THAT right I'm sure most clubs would pay $156.00 a week to have him play in their side. And as for adding pressure to perform, you obviously don't know the bloke.

Joe, you would'nt be to concerned about losing these 3 would you?? 37yo who has been shopping himself around like a "Turner" since midway through the year and handballs as much as one also. 35yo who is surely past his prime with injuries starting to take there toll, best game he played at Murch was the 06 Granny;) and a 33yo on one leg whose idea of a Tues session dose'nt involve a football:footy:. Anyhow it would free up the $$ for Reever to pay the 6 un-named GV senior players he is spruiking about:p. Good luck to the Lumberjack and Fuzman, can't say i'll be cheering out loud whilst the maroon and gold is being worn though.

I'm not going to use this forum to shitcan blokes, (especially when I get along with all three of them quite well), I'm here to discuss the KDFL and all the going ons.

The only reason why I posted before about Murchison's recruiting and those whispers was that I thought it was interesting and, although I hear talk every year about 5-6 good players coming to Murch, most (if not all) of the time, it either doesn't eventuate or we just replace those who have gone without adding to the club's depth, basically going two steps forward, two steps back.

As much as I want to believe that Murchison will improve on thier list, sadly history and my eternal cynicism will see me looking at our situation as being glass 1/2 empty, as much as my heart wants it to change (and I wish our new coach can change the things that prevent us from being a better side all round), my head says that it probably wont.

There's a great Grand Final coming up with a team that I really like to watch (Rushworth) two good curtain raisers and 5 Netball matches, and I would rather talk about match-ups, injuries, form, etc because it makes for a better forum all round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back