Status
Not open for further replies.

Gissa

Senior List
Jul 16, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
anyone have results from todays games?
violet town 3rds went down to stanhope by 9 goals.
any other info?

Re: Kyabram District FL

Rushworth 19.19=133 d Murchison 5.6=36
Yea 17.3= 105 d Avenel 10-10=70 (Good start to yea :thumbsu:
Tallygaroopna 15.15=105 d Nagambie 8.9=57
Merrigum 11.5= 71 d Girgarre 7.5=47

good start to yea in their new/old league ;)
hope they keep it up

Andyt30 said:
Rushworth 19.19=133 d Murchison 5.6=36
Yea 17.3= 105 d Avenel 10-10=70 (Good start to yea :thumbsu:
Tallygaroopna 15.15=105 d Nagambie 8.9=57
Merrigum 11.5= 71 d Girgarre 7.5=47

good start to yea in their new/old league ;)
hope they keep it up
Violet Town v Stanhope results?

Stanhope 24.15 =159 d Violet Town 14.5= 89 (70 pts) 11.4

hope Violet town has a very good year they should be competetive . against alot of the clubs.
i know it takes awhile to adjust from one league to another
like st Michaels went from Horsham district league to Wimmera from minor to a Major league

Andyt30 said:
Stanhope 24.15 =159 d Violet Town 14.5= 89 (70 pts) 11.4

hope Violet town starts winning soon maby against Murchison or one of the smaller towns> live avenel?

S h i t mate dont u think u r being a little bit hard on them.?
They have had their 1st hit out in the KD after a so so yr in the CG and they came up against the raging favourites for 06.
To kick 14 goals was good I reckon.

wheelbarrow said:
S h i t mate dont u think u r being a little bit hard on them.? They have had their 1st hit out in the KD after a so so yr in the CG and they came up against the raging favourites for 06. To kick 14 goals was good I reckon.

With the unsettling situation of Der having to stand down as coach, to get themselves together and like Wheelie said kick a respectable score against the yard stick of the comp was alright first up by VT.

Anyone got run downs of how the other matches went?

well, well, well, for all their talk and crap over the pre-season gig would surely have to be disappointed about there start to the season. was good to see the coach canervan keeping a cool head and setting the example by doing somethin stupid and getting sent off.
Brodie liverton and father could make an interestinf duo out there this year. Brodie went ok kicking a couple of goals by really didn't seem like he was out there playing for the team. Seen his dad calmed down after he was in the process of giving the umpires an absoulute spray. Seems they could have got him out there with quite a bit of money but has brought some hefty baggage with him.

Yea knew numbers would be light on until after Easter with the early start to the season, so to walk away with the points at Avenel yesterday was a huge bonus . . . especially after 4 players had to double up after playing two's.

To my knowledge out of the equation for round 1 were Adrian Wilson, Terry Whitwam, Douglas Aldous, Ben Milliken, Greg Beer, Damien Inness, Jon Solomon, youngsters AJ McCarthy and Sean Connell (Assumption) as well as a couple of new blokes still awaiting clearances.

bradrowe#32 said:
Watched the Rushy v Murch game and the vistors pumped them. Rushy looked like they had a pretty young team, so it will be interesting to see how they go.

Tav Perry copped a pretty big knock and was taken to the ground. An ambulance later came, which I assume was for him. Hope he is alright.

Nursing a sore head and jaw today, Rowey, thanks for the concern. Have absolutely no recollection of the game or the incident. Would you be able to shed some light? Heard a few different reports, some saying I was pretty unlucky, some suggesting otherwise...either way no-one seems 100% certain what actually happened.

Anyway, I was out for 5min, then don't remember a lot apart from waking up at Shepp hospital. Only had one day left on my ambulance membership, too, which was lucky. had x-rays for my ribs, jaw and back.

One thing i do remember is chatting with a new Rushworth netball recruit who coincidentally had romantic ties with a certain bradrowe32 in her younger days..I thought you said you were watching the footy rowey...

Just wondering if any Avenal supporters could fill me in on how Steve Kelly went in the ones on the weekend?? Probably would of been a bit rusty, but will be more then a servicable recruit for the swans i would imagine...

T.Perry said:
Nursing a sore head and jaw today, Rowey, thanks for the concern. Have absolutely no recollection of the game or the incident. Would you be able to shed some light? Heard a few different reports, some saying I was pretty unlucky, some suggesting otherwise...either way no-one seems 100% certain what actually happened.

Anyway, I was out for 5min, then don't remember a lot apart from waking up at Shepp hospital. Only had one day left on my ambulance membership, too, which was lucky. had x-rays for my ribs, jaw and back.

One thing i do remember is chatting with a new Rushworth netball recruit who coincidentally had romantic ties with a certain bradrowe32 in her younger days..I thought you said you were watching the footy rowey...

I don't think there was anything malicious in it. We had a pretty good view because we were sitting about 20m away. A Rushy player had the ball and you were trying to sheppard and sort of got clipped on the way through and went to ground. Looked like you hit the turf pretty hard. I was going to run out there, but help promptly arrived.

A blast from the past eh? Hope I let her down gently all those years ago!:D

T.Perry said:

Just as well it wasn't as bad as I thought, (and although this may sound like a stupid thing to say, but imagine what would've occured if you had this happen to you and your ambulance subscription ran out the day before) and although I didn't see the incident, all I saw was you lying there, and you took a long time to get up from the ground, but luckily you had Gail there and the Ambulance got to the ground A.S.A.P, But, it's good to hear that you're allright.

As far as the game went, we did have a few players out (Willy Sanders, Leigh Kellett, etc) and there is a lot of room for improvement, but I felt that the result was a fair indication as to where we're at this point of time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Joint coaches to lead Tigers raid

By Bill McCarthy
April 4 2006
Shepparton News

Yea will have joint coaches in Adrian Wilson and Damien Lord this season.
Wilson was the original appointment, but his work commitments mean he will miss some matches, so it was mutually agreed Wilson and Lord would share the position.

Lord and Wilson joined Yea last season, with both being instructors in the Royal Australian Army at Puckapunyal.

On-baller Wilson and Lord have played much of their football interstate because of army duties.

Lord started on the ball last Saturday, but was full-forward for a large part of last season.

Wilson was unavailable last Saturday at Avenel and will miss this Saturday's flag unfurling home game against Murchison.

"We will be very light-on for the first two rounds because some players have just finished cricket finals and some are travelling from Melbourne," Lord said.

"We will be a lot stronger after Easter."

Regular players who missed the opening round included Wilson, half-forward Terry Whitwam, rover Damien Innes, ruckman Jon Solomon, onballer Cam Scott, defender Tom Webster and ruckman-forward Doug Aldous, who is studying in Albury-Wodonga.

Defender Ben Milliken will move back to Yea soon after playing first-grade District cricket with Melbourne.

Yea has signed five players from Avenel, including two army personnel, but their clearances are pending.

Lord believes the Tigers will build up to "about last season's strength" - the standard that won them the Central Goulburn premiership after a tough grand final battle against Rumbalara.

With about 10 players who could not be considered last Saturday to be available in a few weeks, it will be a slow build-up for Yea.

The club has played only one practice match, against Alexandra recently, but has concentrated on intra-club contests.

Note: Tom Webster's playing career seems over for the time being after he recently suffered from a heart condition that doctors have since told him he can't play. A six month check-up will determine the next step of Tom's recovery and a hopeful return to the field down the track.

Read in today's Seymour Telegraph that this week's Nagambie/Avenel grudge match will see the 3rds play for the Tabilk Cup. Us at work are thinking of a better name and are chasing opinions from the Big Footy fans . . . .

So far we have

• E.J. Berryman Cup
  • Aldous, Thorpe, Dickens, Shelton, Glen, Pearce, Rattray Shield
  • Shoulda just merged Cup

In all seriousness this topic came up when I asked a former Swan (Groover Hatfield) how long it had been since these two clubs met in the finals. He reckons it hadnt happened since about 93-94 when Avenel won by 2pts on there way to a flag.

Such a shame we haven't seen those days for over a decade because the rivalry would be worth all that little bit more.

Anybody got some old Nagambie/Avenel stories to share ahead of this weekend's rivalry clash?

I see on the Heathcote League thread that Lancaster rolled the reigning HDFL champs on Saturday. Great confidence booster before their opening clash this weekend Im tipping.

Doona2 said:
Read in today's Seymour Telegraph that this week's Nagambie/Avenel grudge match will see the 3rds play for the Tabilk Cup. Us at work are thinking of a better name and are chasing opinions from the Big Footy fans . . . .

So far we have
  • E.J. Berryman Cup
In all seriousness this topic came up when I asked a former Swan (Groover Hatfield) how long it had been since these two clubs met in the finals. He reckons it hadnt happened since about 93-94 when Avenel won by 2pts on there way to a flag.

Such a shame we haven't seen those days for over a decade because the rivalry would be worth all that little bit more.

Anybody got some old Nagambie/Avenel stories to share ahead of this weekend's rivalry clash?

Seems like the rivalry is lacking alot between the sides these days doona, both clubs have an ambundance of players whom are happy to cross the 'road' each year..

inlimbo said:
Seems like the rivalry is lacking alot between the sides these days doona, both clubs have an ambundance of players whom are happy to cross the 'road' each year..

Rivalry is lacking everywhere bar up the Hume (Seymour/Euroa) I reckon. Yea no longer play Shepp East or Alexandra and where Im from at Broadford well they've got no real rival due to the travelling they do

Some great rivalries from the past: Sth Bendigo/Sandhurst,Sale/Maffra,Shepp/Shepp Untd,Warrnambool/Sth Warrnambool,Echuca United/Moama,Euroa/Seymour. Hopefully these still exist in some form and I,m sure there are heaps more about.:)

Bit lazy not to scroll back but I dont think anyone posted the full results from the weekend did they?

Rushworth 7.2, 14.8, 15.9, 19.19 (133)
Murchison 2.1, 3.1, 5.6, 5.6 (36)

Goals, Rushworth: D. Lambden 4, S. Waasdorp 4, T. Bone 2, S. Lynch 2, J. Perry 2, S. Rasmussen 2, J. Waasdorp 2, M. Ohlsen. Murchison: H. Howard 2, S. Kay, P. Vourgaslis, M. Wadeson.

Best, Rushworth: K. Brennan, T. Bone, M. Ohlsen, J. Waasdorp, S. Lynch, J. Perry. Murchison: P. Davies, H. Howard, S. Kay, M. McDonald, S. Broadbent, P. Barca.

Yea 4.1, 9.2, 11.2, 17.3 (105)
Avenel 5.4, 6.5, 7.9, 10.10 (70)

Goals, Yea: A. Mckinna 3, R. Neilson 3, C. Leatham 3, G. Ryan 2, M. Nicholls 2, A. Walsh 2, L. White, D. Lord. Avenel: M. Donovan 3, D. Nevill 2, S. Potts, D. Willox, M. Hard, P. Arandt, C. Capuano.

Best, Yea: A. Walsh, T. Butterworth, R. Neilson, M. Nicholls, P. Kiss, J. Frankcombe. Avenel: P. Arandt, J. Smith, R. Doughty, D. Willox, S. Potts, D. Cook.

Tallygaroopna 15.15 (105) def. Nagambie 8. 9 ( 57)
Goals, Tallygaroopna: T. Wayman 5, D. Lloyd 4, A. Molisak 2, M. Ratcliffe 2, P. Burgess, J. O'Dwyer. Nagambie: C. Sisson 2, K. Toohey 2, R. Andrews, J. Hutton, K. Ingram.

Best, Tallygaroopna: A. Molisak, M. Ratcliffe, L. Ratcliffe, D. Lloyd, N. Montgomery, T. Wayman. Nagambie: C. Sisson, K. Toohey, D. Hartman.

Stanhope 6.3, 12.7, 21.11, 24.15 (159)
Violet Town 6.2, 9.4, 10.4, 14.5 (89)

Goals, Stanhope: S. Pearce 7, L. Haw 3, M. Emmett 3, D. Hansford 3, J. Mason 3, B. Gray, L. Hall, B. Coote, R. Sheers, M. Trist. Violet Town: G. Abley 4, C. Hayes 3, F. Macak 2, S. Woolcock 2, S. Horsburgh 2, R. Moore.

Best, Stanhope: G. Nurse, M. Trist, B. Gray, M. Emmett, L. Haw, S. Pearce. Violet Town: B. Harrison, S. Horsburgh, G. Abley, F. Macak, C. Anderson, S. Woolcock.

Merrigum 4.2, 7.3, 9.4, 11.5 (71)
Girgarre 2.0, 3.3, 5.4, 7.5 (47)

Goals, Merrigum: J. Henderson 6, M. Kilmartin, G. Sullivan, A. Cooper, R. Cope, W. Deleeuw. Girgarre: K. Liverton 2, C. Wheeler 2, J. Pearson, J. Canavan, B. Hobbs.

Best, Merrigum: B. Damschke, B. Leyden, M. Corboy, D. Saywell, W. Deleeuw, G. Fuller. Girgarre: S. Tomasini, R. Fisher, T. Snelson, K. Liverton, D. Vance, J. Turpin.

Doona2 said:

So far we have
  • E.J. Berryman Cup

how about calling the clash, the lack of loyalty cup, what do you think big fella?

ringo1 said:
Some great rivalries from the past: Sth Bendigo/Sandhurst,Sale/Maffra,Shepp/Shepp Untd,Warrnambool/Sth Warrnambool,Echuca United/Moama,Euroa/Seymour. Hopefully these still exist in some form and I,m sure there are heaps more about.:)

Stanhope V Rushworth is still huge in the KDL, also Sandhurst v Golden Square in BFL still gets the blood pumping.

wheelbarrow said:
You playing.?

How are things travelling at the swannies nest wheelie?? The old Ray White Cup up for grabs this weekend, will be interesting to see how and who lines up for both sides. Heard there may have been some feathers ruffled between 2 of avenels pin up boys last thursday evening resulting in the late withdrawal of the classy Potts through a severe case of tunnel vision?? :D He right to go this weekend??

The Scribe said:
How are things travelling at the swannies nest wheelie?? The old Ray White Cup up for grabs this weekend, will be interesting to see how and who lines up for both sides. Heard there may have been some feathers ruffled between 2 of avenels pin up boys last thursday evening resulting in the late withdrawal of the classy Potts through a severe case of tunnel vision?? :D He right to go this weekend??

your right on the money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back