Kennett Gay Storm

Remove this Banner Ad

If by chance a hawk playwer or any clubs player came out of the closet would this mean that Jeff would think he should not do junior clinics in case he is a paedophile????

Dont forget that Paedophile's also like to 'play' with little girls. It is not exclusive to homosexuality.

This point seems to get lost amongst some of our so-called supporters on this forum.

People coming in here calling for Kennett to be sacked or quit because of something he's said ... grow up people. Stop being so damned precious and try supporting your club FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously a lot of you idiots don't understand what being a Hawthorn supporting means so I'll remind you:

It's supporting your club

It's supporting the players who wear the brown and gold whether you think he can play or not. The match committee will assess their value ... not you.

It's supporting the coaching staff whether we think they are doing a good job or not. The board will determine their value, not the supporters.

It's supporting your board whether you like their decisions of not. You can vote them off the board at the appropriate time.

It's supporting your President. He is the leader of our club, and has been doing a wonderful job ... for the HAWTHORN Football Club.

And you come onto this forum and there are all these narrow minded little jerks with keyboards wanting to get rid of him. If you think you do a better job than Kennett then stand for election. Until then, STFU and support the club.

This contemporary mind set that we have to find fault is very much a reflection of society, and in particular our media. All the wannabee journalists on this forum finding fault in everything just drives me mad.

I just love the way BigFooty members come onto this forum commenting, knocking, voicing opinions, but the moment Kennett says something they knock him for having an opinion.

Try supporting your club instead of finding fault with it. If you don't like what's happening at Hawthorn then nick off. We don't need you. If Collingwood people can support a jerk like McGuire, surely we can show a little bit of support for the man in our top office.

As they say in the classics, I may not agree with what Kennett says, but I will defend to the death his right to say it.

In democracy, you get to remove someone from office if enough people:

1. Want to vote them out

2. Believe that others will vote that way too.

If no-one expressed an alternet opinion you have a dictatorship.

In reality Jeff is an ex politician with some celebrity so a 'faceless' person - who could possibly ten times better than Jeff - wouldnt stand a chance.

Thankfully he has nominated his own departure - hopefully others will either hold him to it or ask if he has had enough already.

Aside from that, Jeff made a politicians comment and I think there si more to the mayors job. ironically Jeff nearly abolished it while he was premier, just as he said the Hawks should vote to merge with melbourne

Have a read of what he said. Hardly insulting or inflammatory. As usual JK talks about duty of care and as usual this is followed by hysterics.

Adelaide Hawk mate I often agree with what you have to say - but to imply that by being disgusted by what Jeff said means we are not supporting our club, is ludicrous.

That is by far the most stupid freakin thing I have heard Jeff say as our President, but then that's to be expected from a former Liberal leader right, a bit of bigotry?

NOW that last statement of mine is totally unfair to Liberals in general as some of them may not be bigots...

a lot like Jeff's implication that gay = pedophile.... unfairly labelling homosexuals... and I for one don't think it's about a sense of protection for young players... I just think he's homophobic.

But I might be a tad biased, being a lesbian myself.

Have a read of what he said. Hardly insulting or inflammatory. As usual JK talks about duty of care and as usual this is followed by hysterics.

Uhh no... it's not about duty of care. It would be about duty of care if some of the players had complained about the trainer being unprofessional. Just because he is gay DOES NOT mean he will do anything wrong. I rather think he'd be more careful than any straight person in his position.

I know I am when I play sport, I am very careful around other women because of my sexuality, as I do not want people making wrong assumptions regarding my intentions.

Jeff's comments were badly disguised, as some typical Liberal Party politics bigoted response.

Good on the guy. I would love to be able to get a job like that. Imagine being able to rub up a girls netball team. Fantastic!

Oh and I've been involved with girls sports teams who've refused to train because their coach was a lesbian and girls who refused to go to their English class because their teacher was a lesbian. So it does swing both ways.

Are you kidding? He just about labeled every homosexual as a pedophile. He implied that homosexuals aren't capable of being professional.

I have to say kudos to how 95% of you have responded to this on this board. Other clubs would be blindly defending him.

It doesn't warrant him being sacked as Hawthorn pres, but his role at beyond blue has to be questioned. Due to that role he surely has to come out and apologise.

Good on the guy. I would love to be able to get a job like that. Imagine being able to rub up a girls netball team. Fantastic!

Oh and I've been involved with girls sports teams who've refused to train because their coach was a lesbian and girls who refused to go to their English class because their teacher was a lesbian. So it does swing both ways.

How is that swinging both ways?

Those people are just as bigoted as someone who refuses to acknowledge a gay trainer can complete his job professionally.

I can understand how it is awkward but if they had proper education in place it wouldn't be that much of a problem.

To be honest I'd be awkward about it too, but awkward isn't enough to take away someones job. It's exactly the same as a straight man massaging a straight woman.

I cant stand that man sometimes. He has done great things for Hawthorn but some of the things he says are making us look like absolute jokes. He needs to keep his mouth shut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide Hawk mate I often agree with what you have to say - but to imply that by being disgusted by what Jeff said means we are not supporting our club, is ludicrous.

That is by far the most stupid freakin thing I have heard Jeff say as our President, but then that's to be expected from a former Liberal leader right, a bit of bigotry?

NOW that last statement of mine is totally unfair to Liberals in general as some of them may not be bigots...

a lot like Jeff's implication that gay = pedophile.... unfairly labelling homosexuals... and I for one don't think it's about a sense of protection for young players... I just think he's homophobic.

But I might be a tad biased, being a lesbian myself.

Well said, I think the not so honorable Jeffery Kennett, just put our club back a few years and as others have said, made it harder for players and staff to be open and true to themselves.

As a lesbian I am surprised by the lack of knowledge coming from Kennett, in 2008 to equate pedophilia with being gay is staggering, but the general disdain shown on these boards is hearting.

I would imagine beyond blue will be pushing for an apology or distancing themselves from him if non is forthcoming. After all many questioning young people experience depression and may now think twice about contacting beyond blue. Not good, not good at all.

I think Jeff has done his dash and should quietly ( we can dream) step aside at years end, he is beginning to taint the club, in a year when we should be focussed its embarrassing.

Enough said.

now look what he has done one of our sponsors has issued a please explain to Jeff :mad:

This is exactly the problem...He doesn't THINK before he speaks!! How many sponsors will we lose because of his comments??
I just wish at times he would just stay BEHIND the scenes, and not feel he has to comment on everything. Besides Eddie Everywhere, no other President has so many things to say as him..Please Jeff, Keep Quiet in future, it just puts everyone off side!!!! And we sure as hell don't need that!!!! :mad:
I hope he takes the job as Lord Mayor, and resigns as President...
How often did you hear Ian Dicker???? Hardly ever..
JK...SILENCE IS GOLDEN!!!

This point seems to get lost amongst some of our so-called supporters on this forum.

People coming in here calling for Kennett to be sacked or quit because of something he's said ... grow up people. Stop being so damned precious and try supporting your club FOR A CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously a lot of you idiots don't understand what being a Hawthorn supporting means so I'll remind you:

It's supporting your club

It's supporting the players who wear the brown and gold whether you think he can play or not. The match committee will assess their value ... not you.

It's supporting the coaching staff whether we think they are doing a good job or not. The board will determine their value, not the supporters.

It's supporting your board whether you like their decisions of not. You can vote them off the board at the appropriate time.

It's supporting your President. He is the leader of our club, and has been doing a wonderful job ... for the HAWTHORN Football Club.

And you come onto this forum and there are all these narrow minded little jerks with keyboards wanting to get rid of him. If you think you do a better job than Kennett then stand for election. Until then, STFU and support the club.

This contemporary mind set that we have to find fault is very much a reflection of society, and in particular our media. All the wannabee journalists on this forum finding fault in everything just drives me mad.

I just love the way BigFooty members come onto this forum commenting, knocking, voicing opinions, but the moment Kennett says something they knock him for having an opinion.

Try supporting your club instead of finding fault with it. If you don't like what's happening at Hawthorn then nick off. We don't need you. If Collingwood people can support a jerk like McGuire, surely we can show a little bit of support for the man in our top office.

As they say in the classics, I may not agree with what Kennett says, but I will defend to the death his right to say it.

Congratulations you win, this is the dumbest post on this issue of the 100's that have been posted on this issue. I think the Adelaide part of your username pretty much explains your ignorance...

Sounds like we are going to lose a substantial amount of dosh from these comments. The news just said one of our major sponsors with a get out clause for poor publicity is looking to pull its funding.

I have been a fan of Jeff in the past but this was ridiculious. This is the 3rd time this season his personal views have reflected poorly on the brown and gold. I wouldn't be surprised if he gracefully steps down before the next election.

Are you kidding? He just about labeled every homosexual as a pedophile. He implied that homosexuals aren't capable of being professional.

Did he? No! Not going to repeat myself but have a look at this as it steps through the article.

I have to say kudos to how 95% of you have responded to this on this board. Other clubs would be blindly defending him.
So its better to blindly attack him? I would have been more happy if it was 80-20 or 60-40.
It doesn't warrant him being sacked as Hawthorn pres, but his role at beyond blue has to be questioned. Due to that role he surely has to come out and apologise.

It doesn't warrant anything but a little hestra and probably few extra hits on the Herald SUn website. Come on, are you telling me that you think Jeff is Homopobic? Come on! How would he have survived at Beyond Blue for the time he has if he was (not saying all gays are depressed or that only gays get depressed but some do (as do straight people, women, men, young, old, etc,etc). This bracked comment shouldn't be needed but someone on the main thread tried to paint me as saying BB was only for Gay Males)?

now look what he has done one of our sponsors has issued a please explain to Jeff :mad:

Tassie: Please explain
Jeff: They miss quoted me and I was supporting a clubs right to do what they think is right for their players wellfare. You support player welfare, right?
Tassie: Of course.
Jeff: So we are good?
Tassie: Yep, got any spare tickets for the lions game?

Go back to the pies board! You jealous that Jeff is talked about more then Eddie? Give it a rest and get a life!

Rather then just attacking him mate he does have a point. If the gay community are offended by his comments, why would they buy a product that is associated with Hawthorn. I assure you that if this does recieve any more publicity, it will cost our sponsers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back