Kennett Gay Storm

Remove this Banner Ad

If were soo homophobic why do we have Shane Crawford on our list?

Anyways, absolutly stupid comments and will put unnecessary pressure and spotlight on our club.

Dont get me wrong, I think he;s done wonders with our club, but these types of comments every 4-5 weeks makes me wonder if he's the right man sometimes.

If were soo homophobic why do we have Shane Crawford on our list?

Anyways, absolutly stupid comments and will put unnecessary pressure and spotlight on our club.

Dont get me wrong, I think he;s done wonders with our club, but these types of comments every 4-5 weeks makes me wonder if he's the right man sometimes.

:D:D Made me laugh! :D:D

Anyone who, like me, grew up watching the bleached blonde, pretty boy Hawks of the mid to late '90s, will be used to hearing our players' masculinity questioned constantly at school!

Mollyfud, he may have not labeled all gay people pedophiles but the fact is what he said was very very stupid. You can say all you want about it being taken out of context but he shouldn't of made the link at all. I think even he would concede that.

"It's the same if you have a pedophile there as a masseur, right?"

"And you might say the pedophile would do no damage, but once it was pointed out to you, you have a duty of care to those underage children not to put them in a situation of risk."

It's not as bad as you think and we are forgetting the club has some more junior players. However straight men and straight or even lesbian women can still be pedophiles. More female teachers have affairs with underage student than gay teachers.

Mollyfud, he may have not labeled all gay people pedophiles but the fact is what he said was very very stupid. You can say all you want about it being taken out of context but he shouldn't of made the link at all. I think even he would concede that.

"It's the same if you have a pedophile there as a masseur, right?"

"And you might say the pedophile would do no damage, but once it was pointed out to you, you have a duty of care to those underage children not to put them in a situation of risk."

It's not as bad as you think and we are forgetting the club has some more junior players. However straight men and straight or even lesbian women can still be pedophiles. More female teachers have affairs with underage student than gay teachers.

I agree if he had his time again or if it had of been a speech he wrote or something like that, I doubt he would have went with that analogy, but it happened and I think people are going over board on it. Most aren't saying, we know Jeff's not bad but he could have used a better analogy. They are saying he is linking gays to Paedophiles and he isn't!

I wonder if jeff will claim he was misquoted "John Howard Style"

He had better claim he was misquoted, or at least claim that the comments were taken out of context. Really poor form by Kennett, I was proud to have Dicker as president of our club, Jeff is an embarrassment.

I hate agreeing wth a Collingwood supporter but Tess is right, Kennett's comments are as bad as what McAlister said and just as offensive as Jack Elliott's misogynistic comments and actions. Particularly when Kennett's political experience is taken in to account, he should know better.

Jeff, "NO COMMENT" is not a difficult phrase to learn.

So if a player claimed he was touched up by a trainer. The trainer admits he is gay. The matter goes to court. Would the football club be accountable?

Are you are confident the courts would not consider any claim against the club?

So if a player claimed he was touched up by a trainer. The trainer admits he is gay. The matter goes to court. Would the football club be accountable?

Are you are confident the courts would not consider any claim against the club?

So if a player claimed he was touched up by a trainer. The trainer is a female. The matter goes to court. Would the football club be accountable?

Are you are confident the courts would not consider any claim against the club?[/

So if a player claimed he was touched up by a trainer. The trainer is a female. The matter goes to court. Would the football club be accountable?

Are you are confident the courts would not consider any claim against the club?[/

I reckon most blokes would have less of a problem with this as it is natural healthy attraction. As opposed to homosexuals who were manufactured a bit differently and perhaps not as nature intended.

Why do you refuse to explore the original debate?

I reckon most blokes would have less of a problem with this as it is natural healthy attraction. As opposed to homosexuals who were manufactured a bit differently and perhaps not as nature intended.

....Aaaaand thread closed. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Were you touched as a small boy? Either that or you're a closet homosexual having trouble with dealing with it. I thought stains on society like you had all been expelled. I'd be very interested to see how far your lack of education and understanding of modern society has taken you in this wonderful concept we call life.

A Hanson supporter no doubt.

Were you touched as a small boy? Either that or you're a closet homosexual having trouble with dealing with it. I thought stains on society like you had all been expelled. I'd be very interested to see how far your lack of education and understanding of modern society has taken you in this wonderful concept we call life.

He certainly does sound very insecure about his sexuality if a thigh rub from another man is such a big deal. Do you share showers after the game, Rob? Have you distributed a 'sexual history' questionaire to all of your teammates to ensure that no gay ones pat you on the arse after kicking a goal? God, this football thing is sounding gayer by the minute....

You are taking this quite personal aren't you? Are you a homo? Is that why?

No need to attack me for my opinion. Just voice your own, about the discussed issue.

you keep mentioning education as if people have no right to an opinion without a degree, whats that all about?

BTW, i don't think life is a concept. I'm pretty sure its a reality.
rolleyes.gif
Go on, pinch yourself.

haha, far from homosexual but I know a few guys who are gay and it makes me sick to the stomach that you could possibly treat anyone differently because of their sexual orientation.

Anyone who is comfortable with their sexuality woldn't have a problem getting a rub down from a man who is homosexual, whereas you claim to react with violence if a gay guy ever touched you. Ponder on that one.

haha, far from homosexual but I know a few guys who are gay and it makes me sick to the stomach that you could possibly treat anyone differently because of their sexual orientation.

Anyone who is comfortable with their sexuality woldn't have a problem getting a rub down from a man who is homosexual, whereas you claim to react with violence if a gay guy ever touched you. Ponder on that one.

ROTFL

Thats gold. My workmates loved that one too. Oh bugger!!! I forgot to ask them if they had educations before voicing an opinion.

ROTFL

Thats gold. My workmates loved that one too. Oh bugger!!! I forgot to ask them if they had educations before voicing an opinion.

I was merely pointing out that someone with opinions such as yourself couldn't have an education.
There are thousands upon thousands of people out there without educations but only the simple ones would share a mind set with you. Gather all our workmates together at the warehouse or fast food outlet your working at and announce that your uncomfortable with your sexuality. Better yet, tell your boss that you condone violence towards people that don't share the same sexual orientation as you. Surely that well help in your quest for a promotion.

The implication that gay = pedophiles is disgusting. Hopefully Kennent just slips away quietly at the end of the year. The guy is a bigmouth idiot.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I agree on the implication comment but do you realise that Jeff is never actually quoted as mentioning Gay or Homosexual in the article? He talks mostly about risk and perceived risk.

I hope he doesn't slip away myself.

I was merely pointing out that someone with opinions such as yourself couldn't have an education.
There are thousands upon thousands of people out there without educations but only the simple ones would share a mind set with you. Gather all our workmates together at the warehouse or fast food outlet your working at and announce that your uncomfortable with your sexuality. Better yet, tell your boss that you condone violence towards people that don't share the same sexual orientation as you. Surely that well help in your quest for a promotion.

So Mr upper class citizen of the higher etchelons of society, what do YOU do for a crust? What are YOUR qualifications?

Unfortunately that article has been construed to create a headline. Not the smartest comments from Jeff that have allowed the media to have a field day creating this article. Jeff really should have realised that there was every chance he was going to be set up to look like a twat. That is the problem.

Unfortunately there are too many fans only too ready to believe what they see on a 'footy show' or footy 'press'. Controversy sells papers. Just hope that most people are smart enough to realise that. Doubt we will ever get to hear a dictaphone recording of the interview or a transcript signed off with a stat dec by both reporter and JK but it would set the record straight atleast.

So Mr upper class citizen of the higher etchelons of society, what do YOU do for a crust? What are YOUR qualifications?

I would not be insulting your lack of career prospects had it not been for you idiotic remarks. If you spend your life ignoring social minorities and looking through life with one eye shut your not going to get very far. I for one wouldn't be where i am today had i adopted your heavy handed approach to life. I have qualifications and I'm currently in what we call in economic terms the "Yuppi" stage. You will reap the benfits my friend if you open that other eye of your's and embrace diversity

Unfortunately that article has been construed to create a headline. Not the smartest comments from Jeff that have allowed the media to have a field day creating this article. Jeff really should have realised that there was every chance he was going to be set up to look like a twat. That is the problem.

Unfortunately there are too many fans only too ready to believe what they see on a 'footy show' or footy 'press'. Controversy sells papers. Just hope that most people are smart enough to realise that. Doubt we will ever get to hear a dictaphone recording of the interview or a transcript signed off with a stat dec by both reporter and JK but it would set the record straight atleast.

Considering he was the Premier for 8 or so years, Jeff is more than aware of how the media works. He has no excuse for making stupid comments like this publicly. What's Ian Dicker up to these days?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back