Society & Culture Kronic - the legal alternative to weed

What are your thoughts on Kronic?

• Tried it, liked it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tried it, didn't rate it.

• Haven't tried it but plan to/would do.

• Haven't tried it and never would.

• Na na na na na na na na BATMAN!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is just stupid. People shouldn't take drugs (not counting medical ones). I hope this gets banned soon. :thumbsu:
Why don't you do us all a favour and stay out of all threads regarding alcohol, drugs and sex. It's clear your level of experience with the subject matter makes your opinion irrelevant

kthxbai

That's just for ppl that want drugs and dont want tablets. Ban it

Oh, not this shit again.

Actually, for people with long-term serious illnesses, marijuana is actually a much healthier alternative than prolonged causes of strong opiates.

All sorts of illnesses... cancer, chronic osteoarthritis, you name it. Really, anything requiring long-term higher level pain relief.

Most normal prescription painkillers are highly-addictive opiates. It puts pretty severe restrictions on the length of time they can be used, and the allowable dosages. It also leads to diminishing returns in terms of effectiveness.

There are some other painkillers available but a lot of them are dangerously potent, extremely expensive, or both. Many of them have the same addictive properties of opiates.

In a lot of cases, medical marijuana would be an extremely useful pharmaceutical option.

Thanks Caesar, but I fear your wasting your time with Fred Nile.

Why don't you do us all a favour and stay out of all threads regarding alcohol, drugs and sex. It's clear your level of experience with the subject matter makes your opinion irrelevant

kthxbai

I endorse this post.

My understanding is that cookies and so forth are possible with weed because the THC is absorbed into the fat of whatever it is that is being prepared (butter, peanut butter, etc).

If Kronic can be successfully cooked, I'd imagine it would be due to a much different mechanism. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if you could just eat this stuff raw, not that I'd recommend it.
There is a recipe on the Kronic website somewhere on how to bake it into food.

All sorts of illnesses... cancer, chronic osteoarthritis, you name it. Really, anything requiring long-term higher level pain relief.

Most normal prescription painkillers are highly-addictive opiates. It puts pretty severe restrictions on the length of time they can be used, and the allowable dosages. It also leads to diminishing returns in terms of effectiveness.

There are some other painkillers available but a lot of them are dangerously potent, extremely expensive, or both. Many of them have the same addictive properties of opiates.

In a lot of cases, medical marijuana would be an extremely useful pharmaceutical option.

So true, and yet it remains illegal (ish I live in Adelaide), while arguably deadlier drugs remain legal. It confounds me.

10 news in Perth reported that it had recently caused adverse reactions in several people.

meh let people do what they want, its their health they are hurting. If they want to use it why shouldn't they be able to? Personally I wouldn't touch it, but others should be allowed to.

meh let people do what they want, its their health they are hurting. If they want to use it why shouldn't they be able to? Personally I wouldn't touch it, but others should be allowed to.
This.

People have adverse effects to alcohol but that's still easily available, Kronic (and real weed) for that matter shouldn't be demonised just because it's not for everybody.

If you don't want to touch it, that's fine, live your life. But don't take the choice away from people who'll otherwise hand over their money to criminals instead of it being sensibly taxed like alcohol.

10 news in Perth reported that it had recently caused adverse reactions in several people.
I don't smoke either Weed or Kronik and have no intention on starting,

But don't most things that give a high, recreational or medicinal, give an adverse reaction sorts.

Everything from Alcohol to Nurofen to Antibiotics to Ecstasy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a little ironic that due to marijuana being outlawed, it's created a market for a substitute product that has ended up being used in a way that is arguably more dangerous than anything weed is used for (i.e. heavy machinery operators dodging drug tests).

It's a little ironic that due to marijuana being outlawed, it's created a market for a substitute product that has ended up being used in a way that is arguably more dangerous than anything weed is used for (i.e. heavy machinery operators dodging drug tests).

Yep.

If you read the articles, observers have noted that even before Kronic hit the scene, mine workers had moved onto harder drugs (which leave the system quickly/are hard to detect in screenings) as a result of onsite drug and alcohol testings (when grog and marijuana had previously been far more popular).

In other words, no matter what you do, the workers are going to do recreationals after their shifts. If you keep them from doing relatively harmless stuff like weed and booze, they'll just move onto harder stuff. That's the ultimate effect of regular drug screening. All in the name of 'safety'.

:thumbsu:

Banned in WA as of Friday so people will stockpile from everywhere that sells it. Weekend market stalls will be left high and dry with a heap of the gear because they can't sell it after friday when they trade. Looks like everyone will have to go back to the 1/3rd cheaper 50% better original organic version.

Still legal and readily available over the counter in the ACT. Usually sold through restricted premises like our 'Adult Stores'. Plenty of the flavoured incense as well.

Does anyone know how they've banned it? Like, is there some specific active ingredient they've made illegal?

If they've just banned the product itself, what's to stop them slightly retooling it and rereleasing it under another name?

Thanks for the link. It's an interesting article on a number of levels but I still don't totally understand what's going on. "Synthetic cannaboids" is a pretty vague thing to ban. What constitutes a synthetic cannaboid?

Sounds like they've added specific products to the banned list? To me that's just an invitation to change the ingredients list slightly and rebrand it.

lol another discussion where people who smoke weed blame government types for the problems drugs create

Yep.

If you read the articles, observers have noted that even before Kronic hit the scene, mine workers had moved onto harder drugs (which leave the system quickly/are hard to detect in screenings) as a result of onsite drug and alcohol testings (when grog and marijuana had previously been far more popular).

In other words, no matter what you do, the workers are going to do recreationals after their shifts. If you keep them from doing relatively harmless stuff like weed and booze, they'll just move onto harder stuff. That's the ultimate effect of regular drug screening. All in the name of 'safety'.

If miners are going to do rec drugs after their shift regardless of consequences or their job, its not the laws fault they are going to move into heavier drugs to dodge the testing. Its the miners fault

There are plenty of jobs out there that would allow for you to do rec drugs in your own time and come down so you can return to work. There are also jobs out there that dont have regular drug testing.

They know the rules of their workplace and taking drugs isnt one of them. If they feel taking drugs is more important than their great paying job, then they have the option to resign and find alternate work where drug testing isnt an occurance.

Its that attitude that give most casual users a bad rep, just blaming government bodies and everybody else for the problems drugs create

If drug testing at work is a problem, either dont take drugs or find another job. These blokes get paid redic money for a reason

For those that have tried it, I would love to know people's thoughts on it. I hear places like Off ya Tree sell it, yeah?

I tried marijuana for the first time whilst in Amsterdam in 08, out of pure intrigue, and it's fair to say it hit me for a six as the stuff over there is much more potent because they don't mix it with any tobacco seeing as though smoking tobacco in bars/clubs is banned over there. (LOLWAT?) The effects lasted from the night I had it right up until late afternoon the next day, so that speaks for itself.

It was an OK experience, but other than that it never really appealed to me as something i'd like to do on a daily/weekly basis like some as I hate smoking. If I had the chance i'd probably try Kronic just out of curiosity, but that's it, but otherwise if people are interested in doing that sort of thing I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed. As long as it isn't being sold to people under 18 I don't see what the issue is, really.

Back