Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

I do not understand all the negative comments around Lachie, he has been good without being outstanding, he is playing in a team that has been terrible with forward entries for most of this season, his chase ,pressure, tackling has been very good, he is still learning our structures around forward fifty, imo he will blossom with us when our team gets it together. Give the guy a break.
Spot on.

I do not understand all the negative comments around Lachie, he has been good without being outstanding, he is playing in a team that has been terrible with forward entries for most of this season, his chase ,pressure, tackling has been very good, he is still learning our structures around forward fifty, imo he will blossom with us when our team gets it together. Give the guy a break.
Good player.

I hadn't watched him at Freo. With all the hype, I was expecting him to be a bit more composed with ball in hand, but hoping that's about still learning our system and having to think rather than being able to automatically play.

He makes us better though. The last two games you could really see how much he's tightened up our forward half pressure and danger. We're looking scary when the ball hits the deck up forward.

He's important as teams have taken away a lot of our decisive chains that get us uncontested out the back goals - were going to need to be awesome at ground level and in terms of pressure.

I don’t blame him. He was quick to sign up to a new deal though.

The issue us that we got Schultz and lost Ginni and Adams.

Schultz replaced the forward pressure that Adams provided, but we don't have a second in and under mid to help Titch. Schultz's goal average is equal to Adams plus Ginni.

So, the trading resulting in us being equivalent in goals and forward pressure, but being down a midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back