LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, what a find. Woolworths Gold Free range Chicken Stock.

Zero preservatives, additives or flavors.

The ingredients are- Water, Free range chicken bones (26%) Onions, carrots, celery, garlic. parsley, pepper and thyme.

• Per 100 g
  • energy
  • 37.0 kJ
  • protein
  • 1.8 g
  • fat, total
  • 0.0 g
  • saturated
  • 0.0 g
  • carbohydrate
  • 0.4 g
  • sugars
  • 0.3 g
  • sodium
  • 120.0 mg
Light natural taste (very good) only down side is $5.80 500ml. But compare that to the cost and effort of home made stock, its a best buy.

They have grass feed King Island beef, fish and chicken. Add that to Woolies Macro range and they are kicking goals for commercial nutrition.

765996.jpg
Woolworths have also started a new mince product which is grass fed and heavier in fat. It is clearly labelled but also quite pricey. The butcher said other cuts in the meat range would soon be guaranteed grass fed. Woolies are smashing Coles

Light natural taste (very good) only down side is $5.80 500ml. But compare that to the cost and effort of home made stock, its a best buy.

Baz, I'm gonna jump in and be that guy. Learn to break down a chicken carcass. Plenty of places sell free range chooks at $6/kg or less on special. Takes five minutes to break a carcass down to two breasts ($16/kg), two marylands ($10/kg) and the frame (free). Takes ten minutes to throw the roasted frames into a pot of water with some vegies, herbs and spice. Takes another ten minutes to drain, pour, freeze and wash up. You'll get 1.5 litres of stock from every frame, do two at a time and you've saved $25 for half an hour's work, plus you get to be a smug bastard like me.

I'm still with DL2W on this one.

Even buying organic free range chickens and making broth that way is better value and better for the enviornment as you're not using plastic packaging.

Organic chicken - $25. You get a delicious roast chicken then a couple of litres of stock. It's preferable.

Woolworths have also started a new mince product which is grass fed and heavier in fat. It is clearly labelled but also quite pricey. The butcher said other cuts in the meat range would soon be guaranteed grass fed. Woolies are smashing Coles

Woolies don't have borewors though :(

They also so said players swirl sports drinks

They also said players swirl or rinse sports drinks on game day

Yes allot of Keto cyclists adopt the swirl n rinse principle with sports drinks.
Due to the sweet taste the brain thinks you've injested sugar so it releases energy even thought you've spat the sports drink out.
That's why you see AFL players given two drink bottles , one contains the sponsored sports drink n the other water to rinse out mouth.

Drovers Run beef found in Coles tastes allot better the Macro beef from Woolworths, it's similar to King Island beef.

Wow, what a find. Woolworths Gold Free range Chicken Stock.

Zero preservatives, additives or flavors.

The ingredients are- Water, Free range chicken bones (26%) Onions, carrots, celery, garlic. parsley, pepper and thyme.

• Per 100 g
  • energy
  • 37.0 kJ
  • protein
  • 1.8 g
  • fat, total
  • 0.0 g
  • saturated
  • 0.0 g
  • carbohydrate
  • 0.4 g
  • sugars
  • 0.3 g
  • sodium
  • 120.0 mg

They have grass feed King Island beef, fish and chicken. Add that to Woolies Macro range and they are kicking goals for commercial nutrition.

765996.jpg
Free Range doesn't mean much, I know some one who worked on a chicken farm whom supplied free ranged & caged eggs.
His job was to collect the eggs.
He said the difference was the free range chickens could roam around on a small patch of dirt that contained hardly any pasture.
Both free range n caged eggs where feed the same crap.
Free Range just sounds good like, Natural Flavours.

Free Range doesn't mean much, I know some one who worked on a chicken farm whom supplied free ranged & caged eggs.
His job was to collect the eggs.
He said the difference was the free range chickens could roam around on a small patch of dirt that contained hardly any pasture.
Both free range n caged eggs where feed the same crap.
Free Range just sounds good like, Natural Flavours.
Three chicken farmers on 3AW explained the three ways (caged, free range and barn) a few weeks back and so did Mosley on his doco. Yep i know free range isnt what it sounds.

The interesting bit from the three chicken farmers was the caged chooks were the healthiest and disease free and lived longer than the so called free range and barn chooks, and that was also mentioned on Mosley.

Apart from keeping your own hens, nothing really beats getting eggs from a farm that you trust / can visit.

I want to jump into broth/stock but as I have a gas hob, I am too antsy about keeping it simmering for 24+ hours. I'm seriously debating buying an Instant Pot or something similar to get it done quickly.

Apart from keeping your own hens, nothing really beats getting eggs from a farm that you trust / can visit.

I want to jump into broth/stock but as I have a gas hob, I am too antsy about keeping it simmering for 24+ hours. I'm seriously debating buying an Instant Pot or something similar to get it done quickly.
Pressure cookers are extremely popular on the Paleo forums. Wouldnt mind one myself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The interesting bit from the three chicken farmers was the caged chooks were the healthiest and disease free and lived longer than the so called free range and barn chooks.
I guess that would be like being the healthier person in a Russian Gulag vs a Nazi concentration camp.

I have one of these
breville_fast_slow_cooker.jpg

which doubles as a pressure cooker and a slow cooker, so doing bone broth/stocks are so easy, downside is can't select your own time for slow cook it's either 6 or 8 hours, other than that, it's amazing, would recommend.

A healthy gut is the hidden key to weight loss
by Chris Kresser

Our gut is home to approximately 100,000,000,000,000 (100 trillion) microorganisms. That’s such a big number our human brains can’t really comprehend it. One trillion dollar bills laid end-to-end would stretch from the earth to the sun – and back – with a lot of miles to spare. Do that 100 times and you start to get at least a vague idea of how much 100 trillion is.

The human gut contains 10 times more bacteria than all the human cells in the entire body, with over 400 known diverse bacterial species. In fact, you could say that we’re more bacterial than we are human. Think about that one for a minute.

We’ve only recently begun to understand the extent of the gut flora’s role in human health and disease. Among other things, the gut flora promotes normal gastrointestinal function, provides protection from infection, regulates metabolism and comprises more than 75% of our immune system. Dysregulated gut flora has been linked to diseases ranging from autism and depression to autoimmune conditions like Hashimoto’s, inflammatory bowel disease and type 1 diabetes...

http://chriskresser.com/a-healthy-gut-is-the-hidden-key-to-weight-loss

by Chris Kresser

Our gut is home to approximately 100,000,000,000,000 (100 trillion) microorganisms. That’s such a big number our human brains can’t really comprehend it. One trillion dollar bills laid end-to-end would stretch from the earth to the sun – and back – with a lot of miles to spare. Do that 100 times and you start to get at least a vague idea of how much 100 trillion is.

The human gut contains 10 times more bacteria than all the human cells in the entire body, with over 400 known diverse bacterial species. In fact, you could say that we’re more bacterial than we are human. Think about that one for a minute.

We’ve only recently begun to understand the extent of the gut flora’s role in human health and disease. Among other things, the gut flora promotes normal gastrointestinal function, provides protection from infection, regulates metabolism and comprises more than 75% of our immune system. Dysregulated gut flora has been linked to diseases ranging from autism and depression to autoimmune conditions like Hashimoto’s, inflammatory bowel disease and type 1 diabetes...

nice article. that's why I'll try almost anything rather than take antibiotics. The cure can sometimes be worse than the ailment.

by Chris Kresser

Bacteria <3

Did you check out the deigestion sessions?

nice article. that's why I'll try almost anything rather than take antibiotics. The cure can sometimes be worse than the ailment.

They're prescribed by doctors for viruses so half the doctors don't even know how to appropriately use them. Which is bad for our guts but even more frightening, because of their overuse there's a growing number of superbugs that cannot be killed by any antibiotic, and not just in third world countries, they're here, in our hospitals. :(

Last night I cooked up some sweet potato and pumpkin and them mashed them together using some left over sauce from a coconut-based curry that I made the other night. Amazing.

Can i ask why you're studying nutrition? I've only heard bad things about it.

Having said that i know nutritionists who are on the ball.

I'm enrolling in micro-biology :D

by Chris Kresser

www.foleysfrothingfermentations.com.au/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back