LCHF- Low Carb / High-Healthy Fat lifestyle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Regardless it doesn't really have anything to do with the quotation from the article which is so asinine and ignorant it defies belief. Sure there's plenty of scope for spirited debate in this field but she is so far off base it isn't funny.

Not as far off base as this....haha. Seriously this has to be a troll web page set up for reasons beyond my imagination.

http://ketogenicdietmenuplan.com/ketogenic-vs-atkins/

My fitness pal website-

1. There’s good fat, and there’s bad fat Let’s talk fat basics—because you do need fat in your diet. The monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats found in oils, nuts, seeds and fatty fish are the gold standard. “These heart-healthy fats and have been shown to improve cholesterol levels, and decrease risk of developing cardiovascular disease and diabetes,” says registered dietitian Barbara Linhardt, M.S., R.D.

Then, there’s saturated fat and trans fat, found in animal fats and processed foods, which are the basically the enemy. “We now know that trans fat intake is associated with high cholesterol and an increased risk of developing cardiovascular disease,” Linhardt says. “As a result, many states have banned adding trans fats to food items and the FDA is moving to ban trans fats from our grocery stores and restaurants entirely.”

The takeaway: unsaturated fats are good, saturated and trans fats are not.

- See more at: http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/2014/09/low-fat-foods-5-things-you-need-to-know/#sthash.5SjLwZk7.dpuf

Water & You should add some fat , it's not natural to consume protein only, show me natural protein source that doesn't hve fat rapt around it so a protein shake should replicate this, add cream, coconut cream/ milk /oil or mct oil , olive or a nut oil.

That's what I was thinking.

So as suggested, I'll give coconut and almond milk a shot.

If you add cream, do you still use water as the base?

That's what I was thinking.

So as suggested, I'll give coconut and almond milk a shot.

If you add cream, do you still use water as the base?

Depends on how much cream you intend on using .
To most protein powders u'd 200ml of liquid , 200ml of cream is around 80g fat/700+ cal.
I usually do 50-100ml pouring cream or 30-50ml double cream n rest water.

Be wary of store bought almond milk, they usual add sunflower oil to it & gums.
If you can find a pure almond milk from raw sprouted almonds then maybe yes.
Coconut milk or cream better option.

First of all I don't believe ablett makes out this lifestyle (read lifestyle not diet) makes you invincible, he even went as far to publish some of his blood work which showed he had a couple of areas for improvement. Bazzar , evo, Nickos66 , melaniej and I (amongst others) would certainly attest that it makes you feel a lot healthier and those of healthy mind and body are by their very nature less likely to fall ill (both short term and long term).

Regardless it doesn't really have anything to do with the quotation from the article which is so asinine and ignorant it defies belief. Sure there's plenty of scope for spirited debate in this field but she is so far off base it isn't funny.

Fair enough. I reckon she has probably cut and pasted the definition of fad diet, which I agree that Paleo isn't.

Correct, without accreditation your unable to obtain public liable to protect yourself against reasons you mentioned.
So You just need to be smart how you go about it , you give your clients a copy of your diet then if they follow it the liability is on them.
You can taylor the diet to suit there needs & present it to them as , This is what my wife eats if you'd like to a have a look.
You need them to repy yes so then you have their concent to show them & what they do with it is on the accord.
Geez now you no my secret!
There's always loopholes , you just need to find the one suits your needs.

No different to someone reading in a Magazine or Internet .

Once you start telling them what to n what not to eat n it causes issues is when your attracting dramas.

Disclaimer:
The following information is in character & by no means intended as fact.
It's a bit of a tricky one. Particularly if you are new to the business, I imagine it is hard to advise people without really advising them and get them coming back.

It's frustrating, I have so many good ideas now on how I could help people lose weight - particularly in regard to fasting- and the people I have helped just casually, friends, members of family etc, have all had great and sustainable success.

I notice Mark Sisson is now providing an accreditation course. I realise that is not gonna carry much weight in Australia, but I wonder if down the track something like that might crop up in here that is taken seriously.

I live in Melbournes 'leafy inner east'. There are stressed lout fat rich people everywhere just waiting to be assisted for the right price. It really seems like a great opportunity that is in the early stages of becoming a really big industry.

If anyone else has any ideas, on a work around without having to go back to Uni. , I'm all ears.

Maybe getting the PT accreditation is the go?

Why don't i believe him?

"Peter Siddle has added five kilos of bulk in a bid to regain the speed Darren Lehmann craves from his quicks and says he is ready to show his meat-free diet can provide the fuel he needs to survive the searing heat of the Middle East...

Dropped for the final Test in South Africa earlier this year, the country's most famous vegetarian athlete stopped pounding the pavement and hit the gym instead to replace the weight, and power, he lost through a hectic nine-month schedule.

"If you put in more calories than you're burning then you're going to put on weight, and build muscle, it was pretty easy," Siddle said

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...gain-speed-and-test-spot-20141020-118i7k.html

Not sure why this was omitted from the hard copy, but it said this -

"Siddle said a diet including lentils, chick peas and tofu would aid his stamina in the extreme heat in Dubai"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Siddle's keen to rock some manboob action in Dubai it seems.
Prior to the POMs and South Africa i asked the same question regarding his vegan diet and performance and he failed, one or two came here and offered excuses, fair enough. So now we will have a genuine example of a Vegan who is fit and strong and ready to go, and LCHF Johnson and Warner (and later Watson) all with a few niggles but ready to go.

Siddle was trying to say he didn't eat meat and was the only one to be injury free, but without looking at over rates, time at the crease and in the field i bet Johnson and Warner would have him covered in the last 2 years easy.

Siddle's keen to rock some manboob action in Dubai it seems.
5 kilos of muscle takes a shedload of protein to build. At a gram per lb of body weight per day of protein he must be eating ridiculous amounts of that soy rubbish to get that in.

I'm with Bazzar. Calling bulldust on Siddle's gainz.

There's plenty of vegan sources of protein around, and there are are some prominent figures in vegan body building, as well as protein powders with full omega profiles, however... I can't imagine it'd end well for him if he's looking to put on 5 kg's of muscle comprising of a soy based diet. :$

Sounds like he's been drinking the kool-aid from too many vegan propaganda meme posting FB groups without doing his homework.

Playschool on the ABC will give more credible nutritional information.
THANK YOU.

I needed to hear this. The page has been bothering me more and more lately and I felt compelled to call him out on his soy & wheat praising, as well as his cholesterol demonising. No reply. He follows a formula for every video with a vegan ideological headline or name, whereby in the contents he just cherrypicks and spitballs one-liners as if he's simply thinking out loud... Then by the end of the video he's addressed nothing to do with the article/video headline - just spewed forth a bunch of drawn out, vegan ideological tripe from research papers he doesn't even reference half the time.

Prior to the POMs and South Africa i asked the same question regarding his vegan diet and performance and he failed, one or two came here and offered excuses, fair enough. So now we will have a genuine example of a Vegan who is fit and strong and ready to go, and LCHF Johnson and Warner (and later Watson) all with a few niggles but ready to go.

Siddle was trying to say he didn't eat meat and was the only one to be injury free, but without looking at over rates, time at the crease and in the field i bet Johnson and Warner would have him covered in the last 2 years easy.

Injury and wicket free!

Incidentally, i've been reading up on soy the last few days in light of another rubbish post from that Nutritionfacts.org facebook page spruiking the benefits of soy and discovered some pretty shocking info.

http://www.realfarmacy.com/10-reasons-to-avoid-soy/

http://authoritynutrition.com/is-soy-bad-for-you-or-good/

Soy was invented to kill off all the vegans n vegetarians!

I love it when standing in a que waiting to order a coffee when the geek in front of you pauses n says," I'll have a Soy latte please or a cappocino with soy milk", they speak in a tone as if they are special & it's they are inferior by drinking soy opposed to milk.
I just wanna head butt them n make read some real science on Soy not something from Vegan magazine.
majority seem to be white collar workers, receding hairline n scrawny looking.

Luckily I never touched Soy, had a sip of an associates soy protein shake once & my stomach felt like it swallowed concrete, don't know how anyone can drink it daily.
20 years ago I read it was junk, just knowing farmers feed soy to pigs & cattle to fatten them up asap should be an opener for people.
Funny enough at one stage farmers where feeding cattle coconut oil to fatten them up quickly cos it contains saturated fat(you know the harmful fat that causes obesity n heart decease) but the farmers soon stop giving them Coconut oil when they realised the cattle were leaning not gaining!

Sorry I should add that it's ok to consume fermented soy, Misu & tofu , & putting fermented soya sauce is good to poor on meat to help break it down for digestion.

While we're on the topic. it's been recognised that over 90% of soy is GMO in the USA. Are there any conclusive studies determining whether GMO is safe or not? A contentious issue that's often met with passionate response either side of the fence. And whilst given the choice i'd sit firmly on the side of avoiding GMO, but... Are there any conclusive studies? Or like most revolutionary changes like this - is it going to take a generation or 2 before we see definitive results in such studies?

Sorry, kinda venturing outside the confines of the thread topic, but cbf starting a new topic on GMO.

While we're on the topic. it's been recognised that over 90% of soy is GMO in the USA. Are there any conclusive studies determining whether GMO is safe or not? A contentious issue that's often met with passionate response either side of the fence. And whilst given the choice i'd sit firmly on the side of avoiding GMO, but... Are there any conclusive studies? Or like most revolutionary changes like this - is it going to take a generation or 2 before we see definitive results in such studies?

Sorry, kinda venturing outside the confines of the thread topic, but cbf starting a new topic on GMO.

You'd be doing well to find any soy or corn that isn't GMO in the USA, all wheat has been hybridised to handle the climate n environment.

All the GMO studies done stating its safety would be funded by Monsano somewhere along the line.
GMO is bad news unless you have shares in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back