Leadership- The GWS Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Does the AFL Commission appoint the Chair, or does the existing Board choose the next Chair amongst the remaining members?

Does the AFL Commission appoint the Chair, or does the existing Board choose the next Chair amongst the remaining members?
Honestly don’t know.

My opinion a good time to change some things up.

Allow members to vote in a board member or two.

Maybe allow the grassroots clubs of the west, and Canberra if we have to, a board member as well.

Then they can choose a Chair.

Honestly don’t know.

My opinion a good time to change some things up.

Allow members to vote in a board member or two.

Maybe allow the grassroots clubs of the west, and Canberra if we have to, a board member as well.

Then they can choose a Chair.
I agree that members should vote for at least one board member, and the Aussie Rules clubs in Western Sydney and Canberra should also be able nominate a member as well. BTE we already have a Canberra based director in the board, but am unsure if she was nominated by the current board, ACT Government or the AFL commission.

I agree that members should vote for at least one board member, and the Aussie Rules clubs in Western Sydney and Canberra should also be able nominate a member as well. BTE we already have a Canberra based director in the board, but am unsure if she was nominated by the current board, ACT Government or the AFL commission.

Just think that members should get representation, not an end of season feedback form.
Also think the grassroots clubs in the coal face having a rep would also help in the people having “ownership” in the club.

Cannot stand Shepherd &his politics, but there is no denying his love for or his impact on our club.

It will be interesting to watch what happens next.
He and his wife came to the cheer squad during 4th? quarter - spoke at length to Michael and other cheer squad members. He received a warm round of applause from the whole section.

Cannot stand Shepherd &his politics, but there is no denying his love for or his impact on our club.

It will be interesting to watch what happens next.
I'm of a similar view - plenty of things about him that I don't really align with; but I reckon he's done a pretty good job for the club. I would like to see someone from western Sydney get the role next, to build on the foundations.

He and his wife came to the cheer squad during 4th? quarter - spoke at length to Michael and other cheer squad members. He received a warm round of applause from the whole section.

the team also dragged him into the circle for the song after the game.

he has been awesome for the club - there’s no denying it.

He’s just an ultra-conservative, Abbott loving, union/worker hating, right-wing dinosaur - which is why I get conflicted about him, because the only thing we remotely have in common, is our love for the club.

Our new Chair, taking over from our inaugural Chair Tony Shepard. Seems he’s been a member of our Board since only 2022, but seems well credentialed.

As the current President of the Business Council of Australia, Mr Reed brings a wealth of experience in business and technology to the GIANTS Board and has been a proud GIANTS member since 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think this is a really good appointment. He has a few interviews online and seems a very impressive character.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back