League One, League Two and The Championship

Remove this Banner Ad

I read the Roker Report as an avid Sunderland supporter. After each game the players are performance rated out of ten and best player is named. It can be be funny and brutal.

Today’s best player.

Man of the Match:
The cameraman’s first half performance was impressively poor, but still better than any Sunderland player. His shots of the stadium’s ceiling was much needed during a dire opening forty-five. In all seriousness, though, I think McNulty perhaps deserves it for his perseverance and winning the ball that led to Gooch’s goal. Difficult job picking someone today, though.

I was so fired up about Carlton’s win and England’s tactics in the cricket that I forgot about Sunderland’s game tonight. I thought it was a normal kick off time but it was the early game so I missed it.

Sunderland ******* won! We beat Pompey 2-1. This has been a great day. Hopefully it will shut up the whinging supporters for awhile.

Carlton by 10
Everton 1-0

I know its not a premier league thread...apologies
There is a thread for the Premier League.

Last edited:
Wow it was a busy night. I had the iPad on watching the cricket and my iPhone to one side keeping a track of Sunderland.

AFC Wimbledon were no match for the Black Cats. A 3-1 result makes it 3 wins on the trot. The King scored a hat trick. It’s been awhile since that’s occurred. Chris Maguire! Take a bow.

The games are coming thick and fast.
Guess who won?
92406A71-AEED-4663-B821-4204B70A54B0.jpeg
Second Round of the League Cup and the Lads knocked off Burnley at Turf Moor 3-1. A ******* Premier League club. No wonder the supporters are happy.

Well the Posh have taken the pish out of the Black Cats today. The game is not over yet but the lead is 3-0 and Sunderland has been reduced to 9 men in the last 7 minutes. I’ll wait for the highlights before passing judgement on the decisions to send O’Nien and Wyke off. I feel that the retaliator (O’Nien) might be a victim of a drive by. A third Sunderland player has been booked. This is getting ugly.

Gutted to see the tragic demise of Bury FC kicked out of the football league after 120 years.

Really left a bitter taste in my mouth

images

Bury-FC-e1567066885803.jpg

Hope those bastards at the EFL can live with themselves knowing they have ripped the hearts out of a club that has been loved and cherished by generations of fans and families.

The whole football community should be hurting over this disgrace.

Gutted to see the tragic demise of Bury FC kicked out of the football league after 120 years.

Really left a bitter taste in my mouth

images

Bury-FC-e1567066885803.jpg

Hope those bastards at the EFL can live with themselves knowing they have ripped the hearts out of a club that has been loved and cherished by generations of fans and families.

The whole football community should be hurting over this disgrace.

I’m with you on this one. Hopefully the club maintains the goods and chattels. Finds a reputable owner and bounces back. Even as a non-league team.

I watched the match highlights and it was one of those days where you create good chances without putting the ball into the net. The opposition sit back and hurt you on the counter attack.

I had a look at the two red cards and, as I suspected, Toney from Peterborough ‘feinted’ with the clear intention of getting O’Nien sent off. Why do soccer players do that? Why do referees not see the total incident and dish out a yellow card to the pretender. If the ref had the pretender would have been sent for his second bookable offence and justice would have been served.

As for Wyke? Two dumb yellow cards. No sympathy.

Last day of transfers today. A few lads loaned out and one (maybe two) coming in on loan. We signed a left back from Leeds United on loan. Could be a very important signing if he plays well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunderland traveled to Accrington Stanley yesterday. There’s a sentence I never thought I would type.

We conceded early but bounced back with a ferocity which tells me the Lads are hungry for promotion.

Final score 3-1

Another game on Tuesday.

Mid week fixture.

Sunderland v Rotherham.

Sparky McNulty scores after 31 seconds.

Aiden McGeady misses a penalty.

The other mob equalise.

Two points lost.

8 matches 4 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss.

QPR with a really pleasing start to the season - inside the top 7, with 4 wins from their first 7 games.

Long way to go but very happy with that considering there wasn't a whole lot of optimism heading into the new season, particularly on the back of selling their best player.

Awesome start in particular from Eberechi Eze, our 21 year old Englishman who has started the year very well - 3 goals and 2 assists in the first 7 games. Given we're in a selling phase at the moment it won't surprise in the slightest should he be playing in the Premier League next season.

Away to Bolton Wanderers today.

Danger game when stuff like this is written on the game day blog.

“Saturday’s hosts Bolton have endured a hard few years and were forced to start this season with -12 points after going into administration. The 2019-20 campaign hasn’t been without its issues either as Keith Hill came in to replace Phil Parkinson as head coach before a major overhaul on Deadline Day saw Wanderers recruit nine new faces. Winless after seven league games, Bolton have scored just once and conceded 23 times.”

Away to Bolton Wanderers today.

Danger game when stuff like this is written on the game day blog.

“Saturday’s hosts Bolton have endured a hard few years and were forced to start this season with -12 points after going into administration. The 2019-20 campaign hasn’t been without its issues either as Keith Hill came in to replace Phil Parkinson as head coach before a major overhaul on Deadline Day saw Wanderers recruit nine new faces. Winless after seven league games, Bolton have scored just once and conceded 23 times.”
Didn't realise Bolton had gone into administration, I thought they were in the top flight not that long ago.

A truly awful performance saved by an injury time penalty. 1-1 against the bottom side will have the ‘fans’ baying for the gaffer’s blood.

Ross certainly changes the team around on a regular basis. This game he left out Sparky McNulty who’s Sunderland’s most effective front man this season. Grigg is hopelessly out of touch and to think Sunderland decided to spend big to get him to the club. Oh the irony.

Anyways. The Black Cats sit within the top 6 having racked up 16 points from 9 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back