Les nombres

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 30, 2002
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Notre Dame
Who will get 6, formerly worn by, .... forget. And didn't the bloke who wore 9 disappear too? Or has this all been announced? I guess not because it depends on the 1.

It'll all be officially announced at 9:30 Saturday 12th, they may already be wearing their 2005 numbers or it may just be 2004 with the rest randomly given out

We have 6, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14 (assuming a rookie doesn't get to keep a low number) available. Shattock, Walsh will probably get first choice assuming none of the premiership players want to switch, then Sal and White who are probably closest to the best 22, then Doc and Grew who have high numbers. Francou may switch like Wilbur and Ladey did after two injury wrecked seasons.

But I'll have a guess anyway

6 - White
9 - Salopek
11 - Shattock
12 - Walsh
13 - Surjan
14 - Pettigrew
24 - Ware
31 - Thomson
36 - Willitts
37 - Ezard
39 - De Luca
40 - Eckerman
41 - Forster-Knight
43 - Pearce

The guys seemed to wear their given unmbers for the first hour or so of training when i went. THe numbers seemed to go:

6 - Thomson
9 - Ezard
11 - Willits
12 - SHattock
13 - Eckermann
14 - Ware
37 - Deluca
40 - Ellis
41 - Pearce
43 - RFK

I would assume Walsh will take his 42 with him from Melbourne.

Russian said:
It'll all be officially announced at 9:30 Saturday 12th, they may already be wearing their 2005 numbers or it may just be 2004 with the rest randomly given out

We have 6, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14 (assuming a rookie doesn't get to keep a low number) available. Shattock, Walsh will probably get first choice assuming none of the premiership players want to switch, then Sal and White who are probably closest to the best 22, then Doc and Grew who have high numbers. Francou may switch like Wilbur and Ladey did after two injury wrecked seasons.

But I'll have a guess anyway

6 - White
9 - Salopek
11 - Shattock
12 - Walsh
13 - Surjan
14 - Pettigrew
24 - Ware
31 - Thomson
36 - Willitts
37 - Ezard
39 - De Luca
40 - Eckerman
41 - Forster-Knight
43 - Pearce

********, bloody hell I hope Surjan dosent bloody change to number 13, no need for it.....he should and better stay 39!!!

Macca19 said:
13 - Eckermann

13 is a bad number, no one from the club should wear it........Look what bloody happened to Morton, he was the last player to wear it.

I say ditch that god dam number.....IMMEDIATELY!!!

PortProudWA said:
13 is a bad number, no one from the club should wear it........Look what bloody happened to Morton, he was the last player to wear it.

I say ditch that god dam number.....IMMEDIATELY!!!
Im sure Chris Hall played a couple of games wearing guernsey 13.

blackdiamond said:
Im sure Chris Hall played a couple of games wearing guernsey 13.

Andddddddd??? Scott its a shocking number, i dont think anyone should be made to wear it.....anyways, I can sleep tonight cause i am certain Surj will remain 39 :)

PortProudWA said:
Andddddddd??? Scott its a shocking number, i dont think anyone should be made to wear it.....anyways, I can sleep tonight cause i am certain Surj will remain 39 :)
I remember playing footy with Danny Morton, he wore guernsey 7 and I wore 13.

I must say I hated wearing guernsey 13 but Im sure that Danny would have been given the choice on whether to wear it or not.

I think Surjan should keep with 39 as well, he has the attitude to make something of that number.

blackdiamond said:

I must say I hated wearing guernsey 13 but Im sure that Danny would have been given the choice on whether to wear it or not.

I think Surjan should keep with 39 as well, he has the attitude to make something of that number.

He Will ;)

Hey Scott........why dont you come over for Round 1 with Shane and the gang......Come on, come over!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

blackdiamond said:

Do you see him nowadays?
How is he going wrt that shocking injury he had?
He was certainly a good player IMO.

PAfolwr said:
Do you see him nowadays?
How is he going wrt that shocking injury he had?
He was certainly a good player IMO.
I did catch up with him for a few months at a Christian Centre not long after he changed from North Adelaide to Norwood.

He did manage to come back and play a few AFL games with Port, was lucky enough to finish with fifty games.

After being delisted he changed SANFL clubs from North Adelaide to Norwood. I was extremely disappointed with this, the Port Magpies were in the mix but he decided to go to Norwood even though it was the Magpies he supported as a kid.

He was never the same player though, back related hamstring injuries took there toll. He was also very devoted to the Church (loved playing his guitar) and with a very young family he decided to give the footy away.

I must also say he was a very handy cricketer as a junior, can just picture him playing cut shots with his Duncan Fernley cricket bat.

PortProudWA said:
Hey Scott........why dont you come over for Round 1 with Shane and the gang......Come on, come over!!!
I would love to come across but I must start saving some money.

I can't reveal too much yet but I might have a larger trip to make this year, nothing certain at this stage so I better not elaborate otherwise Im bound to shoot myself in the foot.

PortProudWA said:
********, bloody hell I hope Surjan dosent bloody change to number 13, no need for it.....he should and better stay 39!!!
39=13X3. Should I be worried. Whose on 26 btw?

"Well I ain't superstitious,
Black cat just crossed my trail,
Well I ain't superstitious,
But a black cat just crossed my trail,
Don't sweep me with no broom,
I just might get put in jail."
(Howlin Wolf)

Toots Hibbert said:
39=13X3. Should I be worried. Whose on 26 btw?

"Well I ain't superstitious,
Black cat just crossed my trail,
Well I ain't superstitious,
But a black cat just crossed my trail,
Don't sweep me with no broom,
I just might get put in jail."
(Howlin Wolf)
Cochrane wears 26, you are probably right, 39 isn't a good number either when you think of it like that. Derek Murray had 26 as well and Peter Burgoyne had it too - he knew when to get rid of it.

Just got my copy of AFL 2005...here's de nombres

#6 - Adam Thomson
#9 - James Ezard
#11 - Ryan Willits
#12 - Aaron Shattock
#13 - Ben Eckermann
#14 - Elijah Ware
#37 - Fabian Deluca
#42 - Peter Walsh

#40 - Dale Ellis
#41 - Danyle Pearce
#43 - Robert Forster-Knight

All other numbers retained.

Also the new guys heights and weight have been adjusted.

Deluca is still tallest (203cm), but weighs the same as Willits, Brogan & Chaplin (197cm, 96kg)...so you'd have to wonder just how big he could end up being.

Adam Thomson is the lightest player on our senior list (183cm, 74kg), ahead of Eckermann (178cm, 75kg), Ezard (179cm, 75kg) and Surjan (180cm, 79kg).

Danyle Pearce is the over-all winner though (177cm, 68kg)...he's the only one as short as Roger (177cm, 89kg)

Was a freebie, but if you've got any older ones, you don't really need it.

If Chad Cornes had won the Brownlow (and thus been on the front cover) I would recommend getting it. Maybe wait a year.

Adam Thomson was on the news tonight in guernsey #6, so clearly the above list is legit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back