Toast Levi Casboult

Remove this Banner Ad

Still reckon Henderson could do with another KPF. Casboult plays, and rightly so, far up the ground.
Yup... hopefully Yazz is signing a medium term contract with bonus clauses in it thats a bit less than his current market value giving us a bit more wriggle room for chasing after a GWS or GC17 KPF at the end of the year.

Either we get another Henderson type KPF and play both of them as lead up forwards and play Cas within the 50m arc as a massive target at FF or we play Henderson and the other KPF as traditional tall forwards with Casboult having instructions to roam around and create havoc dragging 1-2 defenders with him. If he sorts out his kicking for goal... we could see Casboult getting double or triple teamed in the forward line whenever he is there... regardless of whether Henderson or Waite are around.

Yup... hopefully Yazz is signing a medium term contract with bonus clauses in it thats a bit less than his current market value giving us a bit more wriggle room for chasing after a GWS or GC17 KPF at the end of the year.

Either we get another Henderson type KPF and play both of them as lead up forwards and play Cas within the 50m arc as a massive target at FF or we play Henderson and the other KPF as traditional tall forwards with Casboult having instructions to roam around and create havoc dragging 1-2 defenders with him. If he sorts out his kicking for goal... we could see Casboult getting double or triple teamed in the forward line whenever he is there... regardless of whether Henderson or Waite are around.
He really does have the making of... dare I say it... an A Grade KPF. He has everything except for kicking consistency. Even then he's improving.

With three quality KPF's Hendo, Casboult and Waite (atm) it makes it extremely difficult for oppositions to match.

I get the feeling this may be a breakout year for Caz. Just a little more confidence and presenting within a reasonable distance from goal will see more goals come his way. He seems to have changed his kicking technique a little. Once he nails a few he'll be right. :D
I think that there was some heavy duty work on his action when he completely sprayed those OOB's the other week... as soon as he has nailed down the range with his new kicking action and ball drop, he will start nailing a few sausage rolls...

Levi has been doing great in the role we've asked him to play. He's marking the ball far too high up the ground to be kicking multiple goals a game.

IMO all Levi needs is a game where he kicks 2 early goals and watch him explode as his confidence soars. It's all in the head for Levi.
The big game he had against Essendon... that snap off the boundary line... brilliance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with Gerard Healy who said during the game against St Failure that Caz should be down in the square and then just kick it long to him and give him a chance to mark close to goal. I think a number of astute students of the game on our board have made the same observation. Maybe when Waite is back Caz can be hanging around the goal square rather than get his possessions up near the wing.

His lead up marks on the wing have been priceless,if the naysayers cannot see the value in that,well I'd be hard pressed to covert you!.
He is a very valuable asset we need to nurture and care for!.
He is growing in both physical and mental stature each time he takes the field!.
Love the Levi :)

In my dreamworld, would hope everytime Levi buckets one, Zac is in the vicinity for the handball, and bangs it from 90.

Kinda what Mark Browning used to do with Barry Round.

....and as it comes to mind, Big Earl used to do it with Camporeale.
Could kick a ball, also remember Mark Bayes being the go to man for this role a few years later, Ironmonger the ruck most of the time from memory.

Harry Madden and Craig Bradley had a similar understanding, long to Kernahan.

Could kick a ball, also remember Mark Bayes being the go to man for this role a few years later, Ironmonger the ruck most of the time from memory.

Harry Madden and Craig Bradley had a similar understanding, long to Kernahan.

That's the thing, anytime Levi grabs one outside 50, first option, give it off by hand.

Mids should fill their boots on that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back