Club Legend
Jun 17, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Masey asked for it.... if you ask for it, it will come

this is the official lewis johnston nickname poll... it is final! :cool:

johnston will have one nickname and one nickname only

these are the 3 most popular names, if you don't like it suck s**t.... it's not going to change

(Log in to remove this ad.)

least my lou lou made sense

Flash sounds cool, is indicative of talent, is the name of a superhero, and is one syllable.

Sideshow is two syllables, with an alternation of "s" and "sh", which will make it really hard to say when shouting frantically, especially after a few beers. It also has no connotations with skill, and in fact, Sideshow Bob is a bumbling failure for the most part. It screams lame-ness.

Sideshow Bob also has many arch enemies (there goes my garden rake collection..), is easily foiled, and only has a facade of success.

He is also a criminal and a fraud.

Flash = Fast, awesome, superhuman.

How many sentences is that?

What convinced me to vote for Bob/Sideshow was the possibility of Nathan Gordon appearing on our list in the future.

Nicknames need to be future proofed. :)

I'll be calling Nathan Nafan.

The possibilies of having -th- players :)

Yeah, but I could say we're going to get another Sideshow/Bob next year, even dreadlockier, crazier hair than Flash.

First in, first served. Works at even the most elementary levels (Maccas).

I'll be calling Nathan Nafan.

The possibilies of having -th- players :)

Yeah, but I could say we're going to get another Sideshow/Bob next year, even dreadlockier, crazier hair than Flash.

First in, first served. Works at even the most elementary levels (Maccas).

Then we call him Cecil/Niles. :D

Flash sounds cool, is indicative of talent, is the name of a superhero, and is one syllable.

Flash is so generic, you could apply it to any of the players, why Johnston?

Flash Hannebery. Flash Pyke. Flash Coney. Flash Roberts-Thomson....

Not to mention that Flash is the obvious nickname for Nathan Gordon. Flash Gordon - ever heard of him?

Whereas Sideshow is unique and it is clear why is applies to Johnston (unless you're a troglodyte).

Sideshow is two syllables, with an alternation of "s" and "sh", which will make it really hard to say when shouting frantically, especially after a few beers. It also has no connotations with skill, and in fact, Sideshow Bob is a bumbling failure for the most part. It screams lame-ness.
It's better than Terwilliger that's for sure :D

Sideshow Bob also has many arch enemies (there goes my garden rake collection..), is easily foiled, and only has a facade of success.

He is also a criminal and a fraud.

Flash = Fast, awesome, superhuman.

How many sentences is that?

Grammar was never one of my strong points, but I believe that is not a sentence.

Back