Delisted Liam Hulett

Remove this Banner Ad

Pederson will be a fine stand in
Pedersen is an 'eh' stand in. I love him as much as anyone but he'll never average more than a goal a game and while he's a good contested mark he goes missing a bit when he's not playing as the number one forward and his other skills are too limited to make him a really effective link-up player. Even Watts IMO is much more dangerous as that second forward even if he lacks the aggression. Petracca is the one I expect to really excel in the role next year, or even Frost.

Pedersen is an 'eh' stand in. I love him as much as anyone but he'll never average more than a goal a game and while he's a good contested mark he goes missing a bit when he's not playing as the number one forward and his other skills are too limited to make him a really effective link-up player. Even Watts IMO is much more dangerous as that second forward even if he lacks the aggression. Petracca is the one I expect to really excel in the role next year, or even Frost.

He is an unselfish forward, he doesnt go up in the air against other people and takes his opponent out of the dangerous area, that and he isnt too bad around the ruck as a follower either
Everyone here wants the ball to be kicked to Hogan 80% of the time so you need someone who isnt gonna get in his way

Pedo had two 3 goal games this year (in a row if I remember correctly). Sure his output was quite low earlier than that but those two games were really, really good. We definitely missed him at stages later in the year. Underrated.

Pedo had two 3 goal games this year (in a row if I remember correctly). Sure his output was quite low earlier than that but those two games were really, really good. We definitely missed him at stages later in the year. Underrated.

One of em was against Hawthorn when we were embarrased aswell

I can't see Sam Frost not playing at CHF next season, assuming he gets over this stupid 4-6 week injury bs. He played up forward for us at the start of the year til his injury, and having not lost any tall defenders i can't see where he'd fit down back. Long term perhaps he moves back and takes over Dunn or Garland's spot but yeah, for the moment I see him as the CHF.

But I do agree with the above call, that Hulett is more likely to play than Weideman. 194cm and 90kg at 18 years is pretty impressive plus he just looks quite built.

Reckon he could play a third forward to begin with, his main competition perhaps being OMac, Watts and Pedo. It does say on the club website in his bio that he played a lot of his junior football as a third forward.

He looks like he could hit the ground running as the third tall we badly need, only because the guy looks 35 years old. I had to read his bio three times to make sure I had read correctly that he was 18. I was certain he was a mature age recruit.

View attachment 230441

Liam better watch his back judging by his profile pic on the MFC website :eek:

For those playing at home, thats Jayden Hunt maliciously attaching himself to Liam's back like a nightmarish Japanese entity.

I think they've tried to do that thing where you morph Hunt into the 39 year old version of himself, but it hasn't worked out.

Called it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was born in India, I can't help it!

I think I need help with my phone plan.. call me on *inserts Dr whooooo's number*

Perfect for April fools tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back