Giddo

Debutant
Apr 20, 2007
MT ELIZA
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Doveton Eagles
I am not sure if everyone is aware of the recent situation in the MPNFL, where a 23 Year old player has received a life ban due to him receiving 14 weeks for striking and he had a previous 2 week suspension from the year before which then gave him a total of 16 weeks which means as per the AFL rules he is to be de registered never to play again or be affiliated with football in an official position?

( Unless he appeals to the AFL and the matter is overturned )

This rule applies to all players and officials in Aussie rules Football and the de registration occurs once you hit 16 weeks in total.

http://www.footballvic.com.au/default.aspx?s=policydisplay&aid=94953

I was just wondering how many players or even officials in the SFL, would either be close or would need to be wary of this rule?

16 weeks over a career doesn't seem like that much, not saying that it should be excepted, but I'd be pretty confident that some AFL players would have racked up 16 or more weeks in total, or would at least be pretty close.
I'm pretty sure Jeff Farmer is the most suspended AFL player, and he just recieved another 6 weeks this year, so he would have to be pretty close to or over 16 weeks.:eek:
Does anyone know if he is the most suspended player and how many weeks has he been suspended for in total?

16 weeks over a career doesn't seem like that much, not saying that it should be excepted, but I'd be pretty confident that some AFL players would have racked up 16 or more weeks in total, or would at least be pretty close.
I'm pretty sure Jeff Farmer is the most suspended AFL player, and he just recieved another 6 weeks this year, so he would have to be pretty close to or over 16 weeks.:eek:
Does anyone know if he is the most suspended player and how many weeks has he been suspended for in total?

Very good point- I am sure that there would be players to have received over 16 weeks. How long has this rule been in for??

Jonathan Brown has 14 games off, and he only started in 2001. He's 25 years old. Steven Baker is on 10, I'm pretty sure he can catch Browny.

Would be very interesting to know if Browny has been suspended in U18s, as this would carry over under AFL rules.

I can only find info back to 2001 for Tribunals scuba, in which year Farmer had 13 games. Can't find info for before then. Farmer started in 1995.

I am not sure if everyone is aware of the recent situation in the MPNFL, where a 23 Year old player has received a life ban due to him receiving 14 weeks for striking and he had a previous 2 week suspension from the year before which then gave him a total of 16 weeks which means as per the AFL rules he is to be de registered never to play again or be affiliated with football in an official position?

( Unless he appeals to the AFL and the matter is overturned )

This rule applies to all players and officials in Aussie rules Football and the de registration occurs once you hit 16 weeks in total.

http://www.footballvic.com.au/default.aspx?s=policydisplay&aid=94953

I was just wondering how many players or even officials in the SFL, would either be close or would need to be wary of this rule?

Is it true that he was only acting under the instruction of their Coach, Martin Pike, to take out Seafords gun player???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suspending players is one thing....
Any suggestions for the Brain Surgeon in the grey beanie who leaned over the fence and belted Rob Turner (Hampton) at Murrumbeena yesterday during a little push & shove between the players
Such a clever bloke too. right in front ov the TV cameras.

Any suggestions for the Brain Surgeon in the grey beanie who leaned over the fence and belted Rob Turner (Hampton) at Murrumbeena yesterday during a little push & shove between the players
This goes for the doveton clown who ran on to the field two weeks ago and got involved in a push and shove. The SFL should investigate these clubs and clean up this crap:mad:

care to elaborate on the doveton incident smuu28?:confused:
a scuffle between our CHF and a doveton player near the boundry line on the foward flank, nothing major than this clown with not sure if he was a player or supporter must not have liked the scoreboard and jumped the fence throwing windmills left right and centre. A couple of canterbury stallwarts draged this brain fade from the ground and play continued. It Sh**'s me when idiots feel the need to puff there chest out. Let the 18 blokes on the field handle it.

Had a pretty good view of that one vs eagles. The actual incident had not much in it - push shove here, haymaker there. The problem was the fella from the sidelines who decided it was a great time for him to get down off the wall and get in the middle of things (no intent to seperate and calm the incident!). Apparently the word was he may have part of another Doveton team??

It wasn't Giddo was it?

Had a pretty good view of that one vs eagles. The actual incident had not much in it - push shove here, haymaker there. The problem was the fella from the sidelines who decided it was a great time for him to get down off the wall and get in the middle of things (no intent to seperate and calm the incident!). Apparently the word was he may have part of another Doveton team??

Blac04 / Scratcha - Who was this masked man ?

a scuffle between our CHF and a doveton player near the boundry line on the foward flank, nothing major than this clown with not sure if he was a player or supporter must not have liked the scoreboard and jumped the fence throwing windmills left right and centre. A couple of canterbury stallwarts draged this brain fade from the ground and play continued. It Sh**'s me when idiots feel the need to puff there chest out. Let the 18 blokes on the field handle it.
Those blokes are not from our club. Probably just down watching a mate???

He wasnt from our club!!!!
All well and good but at the end of the day he has jumped in for you blokes, what if this "supporter/spectator" did some real damage to a canterbury player and put him in hospital? Isn't there a duty of care on behalf of doveton? :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back