Media "Like" this if you've played 350 games

Remove this Banner Ad

14783.jpg
14783.jpg
14783.jpg

It's impossible to ignore those perfect blue eyes!

Let me take you back, way back to Season 17, when a rookie appeared on the Gold City Royals' list. Power Raid was always one of those posters who charmed his way into the hearts of all, but after a season with the Royals, as with many rookies he found a path to the club of his choice, the Alberton Swamprats:
It feels good to be home after a season up with the royals
This was also my rookie season, and now, in the week of his 350th game, I am proud to say that my old teammate is the player whom I have played the most games alongside - 286 times we have run out together. I am also awed by his ability to likebomb a thread, a skill which is particularly difficult, but most long-term players here will recall a time of logging into a thread one day to be met with dozens of Power Raid likes.

Power Raid is currently off saving the world, and may not see this thread for awhile, but he has been a stellar Swamprat over a long period of 19 seasons, and all of us love and appreciate him. We have been privately regaled with stories and photos of faraway places, of danger and intrigue, of genuine world-changing deeds, but to the casual view he is a humble team man.

He has mainly been a forward pocket/half forward. He is the clubs' games record holder, this being his 332nd game, is current club leader for marks, 2nd in kicks, third for handballs, and is currently third on the club goalkickers table (but only a mere 28 snags behind the legendary Groove).

1708331864691.png

I think it behoves all of us to go back and search for a thread that Power Raid has been active in, and throw a like or two his way.

Congratulations on 350 games, mate!

Congratulations on your achievement, Power Raid. In the past week or so I've come to realise that the 350 game mark is the greatest achievement in qootball.

But you better not like the OP until Sunday night or it will be a slap in the face to those of us that have played 350 games.

Imagine starting in the early seasons of Sweet where post to like ratios were horrific when introduced later on. The mighty Power Raid single handedly was our saviour. Bless you PR! Also a ripper to play alongside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back