Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about the u/18s and netball. that is a problem. thoughts?[/quote]

Also wat wood happen if the seniors happen to win the flag but their reserves happen to b at the bottom end of the ladder.. Will they have to go up wid the seniors to a higher grade if they cant even cope in the lower one??[/quote]

Would think that having u/18s and netball would be a criteria to play in divsion 1. The longer club's don't have under 18s, the bigger the treat to their viability. Also the promotion/relegation would have to be club-based not team-based

I would also think Thomson & Bannockburn would start close to 2nd division. Interesting to cast an eye back over the history of football in Geelong and see that clubs like Thomson, North Geelong, etc were once right up there. The three tiered system would surely help clubs become more competitive and try to recapture some of the spirit and glory from their early days?

Hey guys just wondering what is going on with Modda this year? They run a first class organisation and with Kent Butcher coaching I thought they'd be right up there this year. Also when does Modda strongman Steve Dellow return? He'd have to be one of the most feared players in the BFL wouldn't he?

Can anyone tell me how Queenscliff have improved this year? I'm looking at results from a distance and they seem to have the same cattle or actually even less. Was Viola just not getting the best out of them?

piss off back to the gdfl thread all of you gdfl scum.
nobody wants to hear your bitching about each other, so piss off back over to your own scummy thread. GD SCUM.

You blind? look at the thread title.

"Local Geelong Leagues Thread (GFL/BFL/GDFL)"

mate if u had any idea you'd know that 99.9% of gdfl chat is done on their own separate thread.who's the blind one? lets leave it at that.

Can anyone tell me how Queenscliff have improved this year? I'm looking at results from a distance and they seem to have the same cattle or actually even less. Was Viola just not getting the best out of them?

Yeah pretty much the same playing list give or take a few. Would have to say the improvement has come from having a lot more numbers/depth around the club as there are players missing out in the 2's which isn't usually the case and defiantly with a few younger players from the 18's stepping up and playing some quality football. And would also say the players are loving playing for their new coach heath jamieson, a quality bloke on and off the field. your around the mark knowledge, livin up to your name mate.

mate if u had any idea you'd know that 99.9% of gdfl chat is done on their own separate thread.who's the blind one? lets leave it at that.

Thats great (and yes i did see it) . But the poster can still talk about it here...

Yeah pretty much the same playing list give or take a few. Would have to say the improvement has come from having a lot more numbers/depth around the club as there are players missing out in the 2's which isn't usually the case and defiantly with a few younger players from the 18's stepping up and playing some quality football. And would also say the players are loving playing for their new coach heath jamieson, a quality bloke on and off the field. your around the mark knowledge, livin up to your name mate.

Cheers Goodes, who are the 18's that have come up. I see there Under 18 side is winning games too

Cheers Goodes, who are the 18's that have come up. I see there Under 18 side is winning games too
Nik Orvis has been holding down CHB/FB most of the year and doing a pretty good job on the bigger boys. Younger brother Luke is playing way above his years too, only first year u18 and don't really know how he didn't make the falcons list. But the way he's playing really shouldn't be long until he gets his chance. And also Daniel Gibbs last years league B&F winner adds a lot of pace through the midfield although did see him playing 18's on the w/e, think he's missing playing with his mates a bit. Hope that helps you out a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, my other mob, Barwon Heads can probably hold there head high after the loss to Ammos.

Anybody who saw the game, or played, give me a heads up on the match? Did Ammos cruise, or was it tight with Ammos pulling away at the end.

Hey can anyone tell me how daniel lovick is going and if he,s a chance at playing interleauge?? quality player for st.josephs im told?
He would have to be in the best six defenders in the league. Was on Geelong's VFL list in 2006 and 2007 and played some pretty good VFL footy.

I noticed Hovey came out in today's paper and said he reckons he's the best defender in the league. Glowing complement really.

Also, my other mob, Barwon Heads can probably hold there head high after the loss to Ammos.

Anybody who saw the game, or played, give me a heads up on the match? Did Ammos cruise, or was it tight with Ammos pulling away at the end.

I was down there and saw the second half. I thought Heads dominated the 3rd quarter but were horribly innacurate (1.9 in fact). If they had have kicked straight they would have been right in it a 3/4 time. But when they needed to Ammos produced the goals required. I beleive Ammos were hit hard by injuries on the day and were right down on man power in the end. But it was a pretty tough affair not in the dirty way, it was clean as, just a good honest contest from both sides. Heads just seemed to lack the quality to finish off their hard work. On the small ground it wasnt a pretty game it was pretty tough but played in the right spirit.

Hey guys, Admins got a new rule where threads can't exceed 1500 posts, so i'm closing this one up. I copied the last 10 posts to a new thread so continuing discussion there.

Cheers
Rizz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back