Toast Luke Ablett post footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 5, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Kidding, right?
Thanks for this, for some reason we didn't get this article in the Sydney paper this morning.

He has shared a bit about his recent experiences on his blog as well as on twitter.

Sounds like a really good guy. Also glad Ablett says the Swans were never like what The Secret Footballer describes. I am glad the Swans players were better than that.
Yes, I don't begrudge a bunch of young fellas getting out and doing like they do on the Discovery Channel, but there is a limit; some of the things we've heard over the years about footballers from all codes are just downright gross and disrespectful; to women, and ultimately of course, to themselves.

I've always wondered whether the Swans' apparent lack of form in this regard is merely due to an obsessive media department, or whether it's really inculcated into them to be decent young blokes when out in public. To be honest, not being much of a nightclubber myself, I can't say I've seen too many of the Swans boys out on the town, but anecdotally, what I've heard from others who are out and about, they generally just like to have a quiet drink and mind their own business.

I've always wondered whether the Swans' apparent lack of form in this regard is merely due to an obsessive media department, or whether it's really inculcated into them to be decent young blokes when out in public. To be honest, not being much of a nightclubber myself, I can't say I've seen too many of the Swans boys out on the town, but anecdotally, what I've heard from others who are out and about, they generally just like to have a quiet drink and mind their own business.
Lack of media coverage. I've seen Swans players of all stripes in all sorts of form out and about. It's nothing worth noting, but I don't really believe Swans players are any better or worse than the average.

Lack of media coverage. I've seen Swans players of all stripes in all sorts of form out and about. It's nothing worth noting, but I don't really believe Swans players are any better or worse than the average.

That's it. And lack of visibility as Swans player. Nick Davis, Amon Buchanan and Adam Schneider were all pretty notorious party guys during the peak period in the 2000's (nothing over the top, from what I've heard though) but if they did something silly during our peak period at a club, nobody would have known their faces at all to leak to the media.

That's it. And lack of visibility as Swans player. Nick Davis, Amon Buchanan and Adam Schneider were all pretty notorious party guys during the peak period in the 2000's (nothing over the top, from what I've heard though) but if they did something silly during our peak period at a club, nobody would have known their faces at all to leak to the media.

Davis would be out belted at 3am the morning of gameday, like he was playing in a park cricket team.

Doesn't matter; kicked 4.

My class had to go to a presentation at AFL House done by Luke Ablett about violence against women and sexual abuse. Apparently it was the same class that all the AFL players have to do. He is really well spoken and intelligent about the issues he is fighting.

Seems like a stand-up guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My class had to go to a presentation at AFL House done by Luke Ablett about violence against women and sexual abuse. Apparently it was the same class that all the AFL players have to do. He is really well spoken and intelligent about the issues he is fighting.

Seems like a stand-up guy.

He may not have the talent of his uncle but he is a much better person and ultimately that is much more important.

Lots of substance and depth. Respect.

was a good read, came up on my twitter feed. Apart from Buddy, there hasn't been much press about Swans players doing a Greg Bird. I did meet BBBH and Jesse White at Shorething one year, and considering my state at the time, they we're good sports.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back