Traded Luke Dunstan

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantastic news for Luke and the club. These small positive results are what we are hoping for this year.
For those opposition supporters bagging us no end about our youth. Cop that.
There´s more to come.

Even when Lenny retires, I just want to snap him up as assistant coach, immediately. Bugger this whole "go to another club to find your feet" stuff.

Even when Lenny retires, I just want to snap him up as assistant coach, immediately. Bugger this whole "go to another club to find your feet" stuff.

I swear you could show that video to someone not familiar with AFL and they'd be convinced the guy next to Luke was his coach.

Until they mentioned him playing and all. But until that point!

So I did a similar thing with Billings, I've been comparing Lukey statistically with past greats on footywire. Started out with his mentor Lenny, but surprisingly his first season (first 3 season actually) were nothing to write home about statistically.

Comparing to Joel Selwood: http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...1=3935&tid2=10&pid2=1725&type=A&fid1=O&fid2=O. Very similar statistically, although there's no advanced stats for Selwood. Selwood leading him in marks and tackles, but remembering that Selwood was playing for one of the all time great teams and Dunstan is playing for a bottom 4 side that's not bad.

Struggling to think of another good comparison. Jobe Watson, Sam Mitchell and Josh Kennedy were all late bloomers.

So I did a similar thing with Billings, I've been comparing Lukey statistically with past greats on footywire. Started out with his mentor Lenny, but surprisingly his first season (first 3 season actually) were nothing to write home about statistically.

Comparing to Joel Selwood: http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...1=3935&tid2=10&pid2=1725&type=A&fid1=O&fid2=O. Very similar statistically, although there's no advanced stats for Selwood. Selwood leading him in marks and tackles, but remembering that Selwood was playing for one of the all time great teams and Dunstan is playing for a bottom 4 side that's not bad.

Struggling to think of another good comparison. Jobe Watson, Sam Mitchell and Josh Kennedy were all late bloomers.
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...1=3935&tid2=14&pid2=3801&type=A&fid1=O&fid2=O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I should have clarified not proven in the way that Selwood is a proven star of the comp, perennial AA candidate etc. but he's definitely getting there (as will Dunstan hopefully)

What do people think of Dunstans chances of taking out the Rising Star award this year? I see Bontempelli is $2 favourite, but Dunstan has been magnificent this year and must be a good chance.

26 touches and 2 goals on the weekend wont do his chances any harm.

What do people think of Dunstans chances of taking out the Rising Star award this year? I see Bontempelli is $2 favourite, but Dunstan has been magnificent this year and must be a good chance.

26 touches and 2 goals on the weekend wont do his chances any harm.
Bontempelli missed 5 games at the start of the year.
if it was up to me, id be torn between Dunstan & Aish with langdon probably 3rd. It all depends on what criteria they judges use. if its X-Factor & who will end up being the best player, then Bontempelli easily. but if its over the whole season, Dunstan should go real close.

Bontempelli missed 5 games at the start of the year.
if it was up to me, id be torn between Dunstan & Aish with langdon probably 3rd. It all depends on what criteria they judges use. if its X-Factor & who will end up being the best player, then Bontempelli easily. but if its over the whole season, Dunstan should go real close.

Could probably throw Kolodjashnij. Out of all those guys, Bontempelli has played the least amount of games and averages the least amount of DT points but he does look fantastic. Still, a $2 favourite seems a bit rich, seems a wide open race really.

Dunstan, Aish, Langdon and Kolodjashnij all averaging between 71 and 76 DT points and have played either 14 or 15 games.

I suspect it'll go to either Dunstan or Aish, with Bonty just behind, and Langdon way back. Why? Because the AFL will ensure the winner is from a struggling club, looking for some hope.

Dunstan has Bontempelli covered in a range of stats.

Luke Dunstan:
LD.png

Marcus Bontempelli:
MB.png

LD: 7 times over 20 touches in 15 games
MB: 3 times over 20 touches in 11 games

etc....

He's played well lately and that's usually how it goes in the betting world. Like when someone has a good finals game and their odds for the brownlow drop despite there being no votes in that game!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back