Malthouse might 'coach' suspended dopers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Love how the football world is rallying around us. Can clearly see we are the victims of a harsh system.

Nah, the AFL football world live in a bubble and got a reality check, those outside know Essendon cheated and got caught.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fair enough, this is within the guidelines for suspended athletes. the essendon 34 have not committed a heinous crime here, maybe some posters would prefer if WADA appealed to the international court of justice for another trial to be heard at nuremberg?
the essendon 34 can always flee to brazil, or maybe the ecuadorian embassy.

No. I can't think of a worse coach in the history of any sport than Hird. Coached his club to within an inch of non-existence.
Malthouse actively overpaid overrated players (daisy), sooked at media, lost many games had no plan. Only mitigation is if he was an active Collingwood plot to destroy Carlton.
At least Hird tried to win...

Hird is no longer coaching. So it has to be him. He loves his players so much. Ryder and Monfries could set up sleeping bags in his Toorak rumpus room this winter. Malthouse cannot do it. He said he would never coach against his boys.
Which ones?

A whole year with Buttifant. No drug testing. If Essendon reach a high enough 'settlement' to keep these players on their list, they might push for the flag next year.

They'll be drug tested. Just because you're suspended doesn't mean you won't get drug tested. Otherwise suspended athletes are "free" to load up on whatever they want if they are not tested.

I've always wondered this - can the suspended players take as much gear as they want? Do they still get tested?

They'll be drug tested. Just because you're suspended doesn't mean you won't get drug tested. Otherwise suspended athletes are "free" to load up on whatever they want if they are not tested.

From what I understand, they are actually outside the testing pool during suspension - but must be registered with the testing pool at least 6 months prior to the ban ending.

It is entirely possible to be tested before the ban ends, test positive and get another suspension (see Italian cyclist Mauro Santambrogio who 2 weeks before his ban for EPO was due to be completed, tested positive for testosterone)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back