Delisted Marco Paparone (2012-2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with jackess.....its a small gesture, but big in moral support.

When my father passed away last year, my workplace sent both mum (who they don't know from a bar of soap) and I a large bouquet of flowers. It meant a lot to us at the time.

I'd be surprised if the club hasn't made a gesture of some description.

Marcos tweet says it all, we supported him through this very hard time in his life.

goes to show people claiming the Lions were slack not tweeting about his loss. Actions speak louder than words.

so does over reacting (Y)

Actually thought he was our best player early on before he copped the knock on the knee. Well done Paps!

At the end of the game he had ice packs strapped to both sides (behind and in front) of both knees. I have no idea whether that was due to knocks or whether he might be playing through some knee problems (or both).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the end of the game he had ice packs strapped to both sides (behind and in front) of both knees. I have no idea whether that was due to knocks or whether he might be playing through some knee problems (or both).

Was pretty proppy after that contact with Bell which had both of them reaching for their knees/thighs. Got each other pretty well in that contest.

Paparone rated as Club's most improved

Young defender Marco Paparone has been rated the Club’s most improved player in 2015 by afl.com.au.

Here’s what journo Michael Whiting had to say about the emerging 20-year-old, as well as a few other young Lions:

“The ultimate utility over his first two seasons, Paparone has found a home in the Lions' back six.

“Mixing time between key post and running half-back, the 20-year-old has come on in leaps and bounds.

“While he still occasionally gets caught out of position and gets beaten in the odd one-on-one contest - which will improve as he gets stronger - Paparone's elite running ability allows him to leave his man, get into space, and be an ideal link between defence and the midfield.

“Still plenty of room to improve, but the more he plays, the more comfortable he looks.

“Paparone's best game in 2015 was R10 versus GWS. His most recent game was superb. He finished with 25 disposals and 11 marks and was a major reason the Lions stayed competitive for so long.

“Others who’ve stepped up: Ryan Lester, Harris Andrews.”

I know a lot will disagree but I wouldn't mind seeing paparone be pushed up the ground. Showed earlier on in his career he has the ability as a forward or even a winger and with Gardiner and Merrett coming back in, possibly filling those tall intercept roles down back I don't see why paparone can't be released further up field

I know a lot will disagree but I wouldn't mind seeing paparone be pushed up the ground. Showed earlier on in his career he has the ability as a forward or even a winger and with Gardiner and Merrett coming back in, possibly filling those tall intercept roles down back I don't see why paparone can't be released further up field
I think he's shown far more as a back than as a forward. You could argue that this is just an artifact of some thing 'clicking' for him as a footballer while he happened to be down back, but I'm not so sure that the sort of form that he's shown will translate to the forward line.

I think that's the end game. Having him able to play wing and push back or forward when he needs to. Or to play back or forward IF somebody is injured and he can play as a third tall.

I think that's the end game. Having him able to play wing and push back or forward when he needs to. Or to play back or forward IF somebody is injured and he can play as a third tall.

Paparone, Andrews and McStay; not a bad trio to be able to move around our best 18 :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back