Delisted Marco Paparone (2012-2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Breakout game if I ever saw one.

Bah, I was just about to say that.

He isn't the most damaging player so he really needs to be getting a lot of it to be a factor.

He is eligible seeing as he hadn't played 10 games at the start of the year? Also saw an article in the courier about how paparone is the type of player we need at the lions. By all reports loving the club and gels well with all the younger guys. Way the article is written looks like he is really happy here and should re-sign

If he and his manager are smart they'll wait to re-sign until the end of the year. If he keeps improving at his current rate he can really drive his price up.

It's easy to see now why Leppa has been persisting with him.

Hope it is not to maintain/increase his trade value;)

I hope he strings a few of these types of games together for us this year and many more years to come.

Just had a quick look at his stats. I knew he got a lot of the ball but 29 disposals at 82% DE and a goal! If he doesn't get the rising star nod this week I'll cry. He had a blinder

The few times I've seen Marco I've liked what I see.
Not bad for a 23nd overall pick.

Glad to share the same birthday as him.

With his long-ish hair, he looks like Bruce Springsteen I reckon.

Go forth and dominate.
About 3 feet taller though.

Showed a bit of grunt too, that I didn't expect to see yet with his slim frame. What isn't to like about his 150m leads at 90% pace too - just glides.

i wonder he was persisted with because he seems to be one of our only players able to run the game out, oustanding endurance and now hes starting to perform very well. bright future

He really is playing a wing position, and it means he will likely get heaps of the ball when we are able to put in a 4 qtr effort and use the ball well on the switch like we did last night. When our ball use is more decisive from HB, marco will be there to be that link player. I still view Mayes as being on the other wing long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Link would be appreciated.

Been looking but can't find one (I'm really no good at that sort of thing anyway)

But I have read the printed version of the article( by Greg Davis) and it does sound heartening.

What's more it comes with a real quote from Papa (rather than an infamous Hammo-style "it is believed"):

"There's a bright future with all the young guys coming through. In a couple of years it's going to be a pretty big and powerful team. I'd love to be a part of that. My manager and I have been talking to the club about a contract. I'm pretty keen to get it done and get it out of the way so I can get on with my footy"

That's probably as close to a commitment as you could hope for in these days of ambiguous statements and double talk.

That's probably as close to a commitment as you could hope for in these days of ambiguous statements and double talk.
It's a pity that we didn't see his face on draft night when he was selected as that's the only true way to tell if someone is staying long term or not.

It's a pity that we didn't see his face on draft night when he was selected as that's the only true way to tell if someone is staying long term or not.

I'm not confident.

277317-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Was very impressed by Pap's game on the weekend. Was out of town, so wasn't able to get to the game, but Paps seemed to be everywhere on the tv. Was a definite break-out game for him and here's hoping he can continue to improve.

Let's hope he doesn't develop Nathan Buckley style tactics to his niggling game, or he could end up with a really unfortunate nickname.

LOL. nigelicious shook his head in dismay when I floated the nickname "The Smear" for Marco on the weekend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back