JAMAR%20Mark.png

• Number: 40
  • Height: 198
  • Weight: 101
  • DOB: 09-08-1983
  • Debut: 2003
Club Profile

Demonwiki

he's crap, get rid of him, while he is in the team we will continue to be a less than mediocre outfit:thumbsdown:

God that is an absolutely stupid comment, so because Jamar is in the team we will suck? Please go stand in the corner and stay there.

Jamar has been very serviceable in the ruck and he has shown quite a bit of improvement in his ground work and his second and third efforts on the ground are very good.

God that is an absolutely stupid comment, so because Jamar is in the team we will suck? Please go stand in the corner and stay there.

Jamar has been very serviceable in the ruck and he has shown quite a bit of improvement in his ground work and his second and third efforts on the ground are very good.
I agree mate, he hasn't come on in leaps and bounds around the ground but he has shown a slight improvement and he has been quite solid in the ruck. All these people calling to get rid of him obviously don't have any appreciation for a solid ruckman at the stopages. Untill we have an (experienced) all rounder ruckman to replace him with then we need to keep him.

If we get Warnock, Jamar will be sent on his way.

I don't think so.

There would be no certainty that Warnock will jump immediately into the No.1 ruckman role, we've gotta remember that he's only played about 20 games before. Even if he does the pressure is likely to be pretty high playing in a crap side, he might need a few breaks.

So if he needs a break or isn't playing well, who do we play, Meesen? Or if he gets an injury? Warnock has already had a few injuries, what if him and PJ (who's a bit injury prone) both get injured, does Meesen ruck on his own?

Like it or not, i'm afraid Jamar is a required play, if only as a backup, for at least another year.

I don't think so.

There would be no certainty that Warnock will jump immediately into the No.1 ruckman role, we've gotta remember that he's only played about 20 games before. Even if he does the pressure is likely to be pretty high playing in a crap side, he might need a few breaks.

So if he needs a break or isn't playing well, who do we play, Meesen? Or if he gets an injury? Warnock has already had a few injuries, what if him and PJ (who's a bit injury prone) both get injured, does Meesen ruck on his own?

Like it or not, i'm afraid Jamar is a required play, if only as a backup, for at least another year.

Disagree.

If we are unable to get Warnock and aren't offered anything in the top 30 for him then we should definitely keep him, but he is not a required player.

Sure he is much better than Meesen/ Spencer, but do you not think that we will be terrible again next year? If you do, does it matter if we replace someone who is a very good tap ruck(and very poor around the ground), with someone who is just tall and athletic(and even worse around the ground) or someone who is a decent tap ruck(and slightly better than Jamar around the ground)?

He will not be delisted, but if their is a decent offer on him then we should take it, his influence on our games is not going to be much better than a Meesen or a Spencer next year, and what he does is not going to influence games in any way.

His ruck work has been great along with his tackling and pressure efforts. His prbly only avg's 5 touches a game at best if he could get his hands on the footy more often 10-12 touches a game (preferably more handballs than kicks) it would improve his game greatly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok maybe this, we keep Jamar and PJ for this year, and they can both teach the new "RUCK" recruit and develop him as a player, and if Jamar doesnt show any improvement this year send him on his way, and then hopefully we have a
well developed young promising Ruckman for 2010 along with PJ.

ok maybe this, we keep Jamar and PJ for this year, and they can both teach the new "RUCK" recruit and develop him as a player, and if Jamar doesnt show any improvement this year send him on his way, and then hopefully we have a
well developed young promising Ruckman for 2010 along with PJ.

Why exactly do you want to get rid of Jamar? Because he is a spud around the ground?
PJ is a spud in the ruck, Meesen is just a spud. And Spencer weighs as much as my left nut.
Jamar is a required player for at least the next few years until we can come up with a player who can play a majority of minutes in the ruck.

Why exactly do you want to get rid of Jamar? Because he is a spud around the ground?
PJ is a spud in the ruck, Meesen is just a spud. And Spencer ways as much as my left nut.
Jamar is a required player for at least the next few years until we can come up with a player who can play a majority of minutes in the ruck.[/QUOTe

who do rate higher PJ or Jamar?

who do rate higher PJ or Jamar?

Does it matter? I don't see how it is relevant. I rate Pj higher, and clearly we need more rucking options, but Jamar isn't the worst ruck in the AFL and for the next few years he is a required player at Melbourne(unless we recruit a ready made ruckman).

Jamar closer to AFL return
By Matt Burgan 4:08 PM Mon 18 May, 2009

MELBOURNE ruckman Mark Jamar is getting closer to an AFL return after playing his first match this season with the Casey Scorpions on Saturday.

Jamar, who was reinstated onto the senior list before round eight after starting the season on the long-term injury list, produced a solid hit out in the VFL, according to Casey coach Peter German.

The ruckman affectionately known as 'Russian' had a stress fracture in the lead-up to the season, a blow for the big man who was on target to assume the No.1 ruck mantle following the departure of long-serving Demon ruckman Jeff White.

"He was good, playing 50 or 60 per cent game time," German told melbournefc.com.au.

"He jumped really well in the ruck and although he may not have capitalised on some of his ruck work, he moved really well around the ground. He also took seven or eight marks.

"I was pleased with his first game back after a long layoff."

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/77039/default.aspx

Mark Jamar | Round 10 v St. Kilda | Saturday, May 30th

K HB D M HO FF FA T G B
2 9 11 4 29 1 1 6 0 1

From the outset Jamar looked like playing with a fair amount of conviction. His first half was quite purposeful as he went about rekindling the rucking role at AFL level and sending off quick handballs at the nearest opportunity. 29 hitouts against Gardiner (13) and King (7) for the game was quite simply a fantastic return to the team. Not all of them went down a Melbourne mids throat but many did and the Saints rucks weren't allowed to make things easy for their smalls. Bit surprised to see Jamar's disposal efficiency at 55% so he may have missed a few targets in the second half but having said that there is only 1 clanger recorded. 3 of his 4 marks were contested which is good to see (equal top with Bate) and at least 2 were from kick outs. His 6 tackles put him 2nd to only McDonald and he certainly threw his weight around a bit. Despite only 11 disposals, 9 contested possesions was equal top with Bate and McLean and I doubt anyone expected this. Against top class opposition in St.Kilda these numbers are a fair effort.

In general his movement looked alright compared to last year, not fast or anything but not plodding either. The goal would have capped his game off nicely but that would have been a little too good to be true. He probably felt it a bit in the 2nd half but given how much he was putting in it shows how keen he was to be back in the side.

Rating: 8/10 This was a little hard to come up with and maybe generous. He didn't set the world on fire around the ground but King and Gardiner are no slouches and 29 hitouts first up is pretty damn good. On top of this he matched some of our better small players in the more accountable measures of getting the ball and plain old hard work. I don't see why this can't be backed up next week against the Pies if the same effort is put in. His focus was the thing that stood out the most so hopefully he maintains it and it rubs off on the small players around him in the guts.

From the AFL report: "Mark Jamar justified his inclusion in the ruck and had the best of his battle against St Kilda big men Steven King and Michael Gardiner".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back