No Oppo Supporters Marlion Pickett Arrested

Remove this Banner Ad

RICHMOND premiership player Marlion Pickett has been granted bail by a Perth magistrate after being charged over a string of alleged burglaries in which currency was stolen from safes.

Police remanded Pickett in custody on Sunday - a day after he played in the Tigers' 15-point win over Fremantle at Optus Stadium - alleging he was involved in commercial burglaries between December and January.

The 31-year-old appeared in the dock in Perth Magistrates Court on Monday, wearing a black sweatshirt.

He only spoke to confirm his name and was not required to enter pleas.

A police prosecutor told the court the alleged offending by Pickett and others involved a series of commercial burglaries resulting in the theft of more than $380,000 in Australian and foreign currencies from within safes.

Pickett is facing 12 charges including four counts of aggravated burglary, three counts of stealing and three counts of criminal damage.

Prosecutors opposed bail, saying there was a risk Pickett would reoffend if he was released.

Pickett's lawyer David Manera said the prosecution case rested largely on allegations deposits were made into his bank account by his co-offenders and that a camper-van rented in his name was driven interstate by the other men.

Magistrate Erin O'Donnell said the allegations were serious but she was confident Pickett did not present a significant flight risk.

She granted bail on the condition Pickett resides at his address in the Melbourne suburb of Reservoir, reports weekly to a local police station, does not interact with his alleged co-offenders and provides a $50,000 personal surety.

hey guys given your thread a read. something none of you have talked about is that aggravated burguly means that the owner (or someone) was present.
Have ready that the property’s are also commercial properties as well
Potentially security staff?
Seems like a lot of questions still about what the actual charges entail hopefully more comes to light to add some context

The amount of speculation in this thread is amazing. Posters trying to find possible outs for Pickett, including suggestions that the police are racist and targeted him because of his success.

How about posters just wait until the facts actually come out instead of making yourselves look foolish. I get it we all want to support one of our own and don't want the allegations to be true, but police don't arrest and charge someone without very good evidence that links them to the crimes they're being accused of.

******* devastated if true. My only question is why wait until he was back in WA to make the arrest. Have the cops been sitting on this for months and instead of issuing a warrant for arrest just looked up the fixture and thought * it lets wait till the Tigers play here and hope Marlion isn't injured or playing two's footy that weekend?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The amount of speculation in this thread is amazing. Posters trying to find possible outs for Pickett, including suggestions that the police are racist and targeted him because of his success.

How about posters just wait until the facts actually come out instead of making yourselves look foolish. I get it we all want to support one of our own and don't want the allegations to be true, but police don't arrest and charge someone without very good evidence that links them to the crimes they're being accused of.

100% RT.
EVERYONE is entitled to a presumption of innocence and the process should be allowed to play out.
But I've long said it, a lot of posters on here set their moral compass by how it affects Richmond and who from Richmond is involved.
If this was some footballer from Collingwood, Adelaide, Geelong (and I believe something may soon or eventually come out on a current Cats footballer and a brush with the law) or whatever, they would have branded him guilty already and be petitioning for a player deregistration.
As for suggestions of racist police being involved and him being targeted die to his success, what f***** nonsense.
The 'possible outs' in regard this are astonishing, but typical of fans who want to diminishing the 'alleged' poor actions of one of their heroes.
F*** I hate agreeing with you ore and more these days ;););):thumbsu:

******* devastated if true. My only question is why wait until he was back in WA to make the arrest. Have the cops been sitting on this for months and instead of issuing a warrant for arrest just looked up the fixture and thought * it lets wait till the Tigers play here and hope Marlion isn't injured or playing two's footy that weekend?
How would they know he was playing that game he could have been injured or playing vfl and why wait why wouldn’t they extradite him to begin with I don’t get it but if all true he is gone for a long time particularly having priors it’s a huge fall from grace if all true as I said

100% RT.
EVERYONE is entitled to a presumption of innocence and the process should be allowed to play out.
But I've long said it, a lot of posters on here set their moral compass by how it affects Richmond and who from Richmond is involved.
If this was some footballer from Collingwood, Adelaide, Geelong (and I believe something may soon or eventually come out on a current Cats footballer and a brush with the law) or whatever, they would have branded him guilty already and be petitioning for a player deregistration.
As for suggestions of racist police being involved and him being targeted die to his success, what f***** nonsense.
The 'possible outs' in regard this are astonishing, but typical of fans who want to diminishing the 'alleged' poor actions of one of their heroes.
Perhaps we're mellowing with age

100% RT.
You are going soft mate
Hate to see it

How would they know he was playing that game he could have been injured or playing vfl and why wait why wouldn’t they extradite him to begin with I don’t get it but if all true he is gone for a long time particularly having priors it’s a huge fall from grace if all true as I said

Long time ago when working at a school an indiginous parent came to tell me he was withdrawing his child as they were moving to Adelaide, I asked why and he politely told me that he had robbed the local milk bar and the police were onto him, and if he went to Adelaide they wouldn't bring him back. How can I put this, apparently some laws are slightly different for indigenous Australians.

It could also be that the offences they think he committed were so minor it wasn't worth chasing him. I sincerely hope Marlion is innocent of all charges.

Last edited:
If it is true you've really got to wonder why? He'd be on good money compared to most of us and with his prior jail time he would be aware of the consequences if caught.
Purely speculation but the only thing I can think of (if true) is that he’s just got on the piss with some old mates or family and got caught up in something that once it started it was far to late to pull out

I’m no saint and when you find yourself in a dodgy situation especially in a group and had a fair few drinks you could have the strongest moral compass in the world but that group think takes over and you don’t even think about what you are doing before it’s done

Who you associate with can have dramatic repercussions for the actions you do

Once again I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt before any findings but just trying to rationalise what might of happened if it’s true

It makes no god damn sense!! He is now a professional footballer who makes decent coin unless he’s trying to get something back that’s his.
He knows what could happen being so high profile.
There must be something else.
Just questioning why.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back