• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Release date - 9th or 10th of November 2022.

First trailer

Another trailer

Another one

The latest trailer (havent watched this, dont wanna see too much)

Queen Ramonda, Shuri, M'Baku, Okoye and the Dora Milaje fight to protect their nation from intervening world powers in the wake of King T'Challa's death. As the Wakandans strive to embrace their next chapter, the heroes must band together with Nakia and Everett Ross to forge a new path for their beloved kingdom.

200w.gif

I'm interested to see how a mysterious force is introduced that threatens Wakanda that was dormant or disinterested until this point in the universe narrative.

It's easily the trickiest part of essentially episodic content, which MCU is now, where the biggest badest guy ever is defeated and as the dust settles a new, bigger, baderest guy comes over the horizon who is both even worse and for some reason not involved prior even though their motivations would have had them taking control.

Thanos was perfect to keep as the tippy top threat that never came because you knew it could always build and if they only just got over the minion then the big guy would be a challenge worth seeing.

This era will be defined by how creative the antagonists can be worked into the stories and I'm looking forward to it.

I'm interested to see how a mysterious force is introduced that threatens Wakanda that was dormant or disinterested until this point in the universe narrative.

It's easily the trickiest part of essentially episodic content, which MCU is now, where the biggest badest guy ever is defeated and as the dust settles a new, bigger, baderest guy comes over the horizon who is both even worse and for some reason not involved prior even though their motivations would have had them taking control.

Thanos was perfect to keep as the tippy top threat that never came because you knew it could always build and if they only just got over the minion then the big guy would be a challenge worth seeing.

This era will be defined by how creative the antagonists can be worked into the stories and I'm looking forward to it.
Well said

Early feedback from critics is very positive. Some saying it’s the darkest and emotionally brutal Marvel movie to date, but they’re raving about the movie in its entirety and some of performances.

Can’t wait to see Namor on the big screen.

Yes am fascinated to see that play out as well. Its been hinted at during the second trailer. Wakanda has lost its protector and King (rest in power King Chadwick), and Namor has sensed they're vulnerable and now is the time to strike.

The design of Namor and Talocan is brilliant by the way. This film just looks visually stunning and wouldn't expect anything less from Coogler and co.

I know absolutely noting about this movie (or Black Panther in general). I watched BP on a plane home from Europe and I was absolutely cooked off my head. Might have to give it another go and try and generate some excitement for this movie.

Got tickets for Wednesday night, have tried to stay away from trailers and tv spots from the last few weeks.

Same, I was sold already. The teaser alone was enough to confirm that. Have stayed away from the TV spots and little clips etc, heading in tomorrow morning. Embargo has been lifted and reviews coming in are quite positive and have similar sentiments that the film is powerful and emotional. Very keen to see it tomorrow morning.

Yibambe.

Just got back.

They handled the loss of Chadwick really well.
It was great to finally see Namor on the big screen.
There’s a couple of twists I didn’t see coming, but overall nothing too crazy or out of left field took place.

Those like me who google how many cut scenes in the credits, there’s only the one and it’s shortly after the end of the movie.

I thought the movie overall was good without being great.

Namor’s motivation was sound as were his concerns with the rest of the world destroying his, and it was good to hear him utter the words “I’m a mutant”, but I was a little confused by his last scene as to whether he was being sincere or sinister regarding the alliance with Wakanda.

The introduction of Ironheart just seemed rushed to me. She’s a scientist one minute, then a college student who gets paid to do other people’s homework and within 5 minutes of meeting Shuri she’s flying in a suit and taking down military drones in her first flight. I also thought her eventual suit design looked pretty poor(possibly be design).

I still can’t get my head around Marvel Studios just forgetting that there’s a giant Celestial in the middle of the ocean in every movie since Eternals.

Killmonger jumping back in to talk to Sheri’s need for vengeance was a nice touch.

Only 1 credit scene, and no setting up of Doom or anything else left me pretty flat at the end.

Thought the plot of the credit scene was a nice touch and well hidden. Good twist to the arc of the T’Chala story.

I echo what posters here have said. well summed up.

a variety of emotions. the melancholy of tchallas funeral et al. a fitting way for marvelites to say goodbye.

the introduction of namour. a king who is protecting his people, his land/sea. stopping the worst monsters (humans) mining their resources. or are the resources the SOLE reason for taking on the surface dwellers?

i do wonder how Nammy got into wakanda....the forcefield doesnt extend through the ocean?

the ocean scares me. the sheer vastness and darkness. i dont think the movie did whales justice, they looked small.

was waiting for shurri to kill namour, but it'd kill that storyline. marvel wants it to continue.
thought the wakandans were goners as they were surrounded. but obviously ya knew what was gonna happen.

Fontaine anyone? Whats her g-o here?

wakanda vs Talocan.....russia vs ukraine a bit for some reason. the west dont want to intervene in either conflict. but now i think no.

Some of the scenes that honoured the past
  • Shuri crying on the beach, sun shining directly at the camera. Shades of Ironman after the snap
  • Shurri handshake with Riri a la shurri and tchalla
  • okoye busting Ross out of the van a la tchalla in his first action scene

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got back.

They handled the loss of Chadwick really well.
It was great to finally see Namor on the big screen.
There’s a couple of twists I didn’t see coming, but overall nothing too crazy or out of left field took place.

Those like me who google how many cut scenes in the credits, there’s only the one and it’s shortly after the end of the movie.

I thought the movie overall was good without being great.

Namor’s motivation was sound as were his concerns with the rest of the world destroying his, and it was good to hear him utter the words “I’m a mutant”, but I was a little confused by his last scene as to whether he was being sincere or sinister regarding the alliance with Wakanda.

The introduction of Ironheart just seemed rushed to me. She’s a scientist one minute, then a college student who gets paid to do other people’s homework and within 5 minutes of meeting Shuri she’s flying in a suit and taking down military drones in her first flight. I also thought her eventual suit design looked pretty poor(possibly be design).

I still can’t get my head around Marvel Studios just forgetting that there’s a giant Celestial in the middle of the ocean in every movie since Eternals.

Killmonger jumping back in to talk to Sheri’s need for vengeance was a nice touch.

Only 1 credit scene, and no setting up of Doom or anything else left me pretty flat at the end.

Thought the plot of the credit scene was a nice touch and well hidden. Good twist to the arc of the T’Chala story.

Still unpacking my thoughts on this. It was a lot to take in and quite the emotional experience.

Overall I’d say in the context of what hand the cast and filmmakers were dealt with the loss of Chadwick, they’ve done a phenomenal job to even deliver this film under those circumstances. About as good a film as you’d possibly expect in these conditions.

Hats off to Coogler. Not many would even take on the task, he’s spoken openly recently that he did so out of his desire to honour Chadwick. Massive respect.

It’s not without its flaws though, nothing is really. It does have some issues and I feel they largely come back to the same recurring issues of pacing/editing.

I’ll respond in greater detail tomorrow but for now two comments here that standout to me.

Yes Namor’s last scene with Namora was confusing. I wish it showed the painting mural for longer, was that picture meant to show an alliance or was it being depicted as attacking the Panther? It was hard to tell, happened too quickly.

Secondly, thought that mid credits scene was beautiful. Just the way that young boy stoically spoke the words “I am prince T’Challa, son of King T’Challa”. That really got me. Beautifully done.

Wow I’m kind of surprised. Went tonight and none of the mates I went with cared about anything that happened in the story, and honestly I fell asleep for about 5 minutes half way through. Founding myself checking the watch a few times to see how long was left. Outside the Chadwick stuff, felt pretty bland and boring IMO.

A lot more compelling than the recent MCU offerings.

Appreciated that for the most part, and like BP1, it managed to be pretty self-contained. It inevitably had to give us over-the-top stakes, the third act was not my favourite part, and the film both seems like too long and not long enough.

Yet, for what it had to do and live up to, it was a pretty solid effort. 7/10

Wow I’m kind of surprised. Went tonight and none of the mates I went with cared about anything that happened in the story, and honestly I fell asleep for about 5 minutes half way through. Founding myself checking the watch a few times to see how long was left. Outside the Chadwick stuff, felt pretty bland and boring IMO.

I went to the toilet when they went to Haiti

I think also the ghost of Tchalla hangs over the series. And it is hard to replicate his aura. Involuntarily or not
Shuri is the most boring and bland character on screen , I doubt her character is going to be able to sustain it in the long term

Also she must be a Sith to be able to survive that stab/impalement wound…killmonger died from a stab wound that was much less she got the full spear through her body and spine

Such s**t

Last edited:
Shuri is the most boring and bland character on screen , I doubt her character is going to be able to sustain it in the long term

Also she must be a Sith to be able to survive that stab/impalement wound…killmonger died from a stab wound that was much less she got the full spear through her body and spine

Such s**t

Killmonger was stabbed through the chest, presumably the heart. Wrong comparison I feel. The Shuri wound I would liken more so to Thanos stabbing Stark in Infinity War, much lower and to the side of the abdomen area.

Last edited:
Killmonger was stabbed through the chest, presumably the heart. Wrong comparison I feel. The Shuri wound I would liken more so to Thanos stabbing Stark in Infinity War, much lower and to the side of the abdomen area.
She was stabbed right in the middle of her guts and thought the spine…She had to wedge herself off the entire spear through her body to get to Namor …she was inpaled onto the wall come off it the shock alone would had killed her let alone the blood loss once she pulled herself off the spear which she wouldnt had been able to do as the spear would had killed her instaly as it went through her spine

She was stabbed right in the middle of her guts and thought the spine…She had to wedge herself off the entire spear through her body to get to Namor …she was inpaled onto the wall come off it the shock alone would had killed her let alone the blood loss once she pulled herself off the spear which she wouldnt had been able to do as the spear would had killed her instaly as it went through her spine

I’ve only seen it once, didn’t get any sense at all its gone through her spine. I thought it was to the side a la Iron Man v Thanos. Will have to see it again.

Last edited:
I’ve only seen it once, didn’t get any sense at all its gone through her spine. I thought it was to the side a la Iron Man v Thanos. Will have to see it again.
Through the middle of the body which pinned her onto the wall which she show how managed to pulled herself off from the spear while being pinned to the wall

Would had been instantly killed

Back