Maryborough Castlemaine District FL (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont really mind who wins as both teams have not won a flag for a while and both are good clubs. Be good to see Newstead have win but not fussed either way!

Not much word from the Avoca followers after their defeat. All at that club must be bitterly disappointed after being on top all year and being flag favourites to go out in straight sets. Avoca desperately need to start winning in September as they have had a fair run of bitter finals defeats since joining the league. Will Field & Bellenger be staying around to have another go at the flag? Bellenger wouldn't consider his position completely safe would he?

You are right about having to win in September King, very disappointing result last week. But Dunolly were in front at the right time. We have had some bitter defeats in the last few years,

From memory didn't we knock you blokes out of the finals the last couple of years. (just teasing King) so you only know to well what the feeling is like.

On the coaching side, the word is Bellenger has been re-appointed for 2010. He is very highly regarded at Avoca.

Is your coach going around again next year King?

Should be a great game on Sunday best of luck to all lucky enough to be playing.

Newstead by 28 points

You are right about having to win in September King, very disappointing result last week. But Dunolly were in front at the right time. We have had some bitter defeats in the last few years,

From memory didn't we knock you blokes out of the finals the last couple of years. (just teasing King) so you only know to well what the feeling is like.

On the coaching side, the word is Bellenger has been re-appointed for 2010. He is very highly regarded at Avoca.

Is your coach going around again next year King?

Should be a great game on Sunday best of luck to all lucky enough to be playing.

Newstead by 28 points

Yeah Avoca has nailed us a couple of times in finals but realistically we didnt have the teams to take it out anyway, where as perhaps you guys did. Plus as a big club coming into our league im sure you guys would have been keen to chalk up a flag by now. Have you perhaps missed your chance for a couple of years now you think?? Bellenger is highly rated across the league, I just imagine that himself in particular would be starting to feel the pressure of not delivering in September!

What's Field doing next year?

I believe Talbot has made an appointment for next season, but I'm not in a position to reveal the details as yet. If I get the go ahead I will post it on here.

Congrats to James and the other winners on the night!

Who was the drunkest table on the night?

Sherman you would have been sqwarking as per usual! :)

Fair to say ive popped a few panadol today Rich and getting home at 3:40am would suggest I had a few to many..:) Wasnt the same not having you there to sing the gang bang song with on the way home though!!!.:D

Fair to say ive popped a few panadol today Rich and getting home at 3:40am would suggest I had a few to many..:) Wasnt the same not having you there to sing the gang bang song with on the way home though!!!.:D

Sherm/rich, what happens in the showers stays in the showers :eek:

Thoughts on sunday grand final? From a spectators/outsiders point of view i think its a plus, but to play or support/follow your side in the biggest match of the year its a big :thumbsdown:

What does newstead have to do to beat dunolly???
or
What does dunolly have to do to beat newstead???

for newstead to win i think they just need to push dunolly to one side of the ground so ox is always in the play

for dunolly i think they need good conditions so they can use the middle of the ground to try and get past the ox

i expect newsteade to win by 16 points

o and rich no one ever knows what bucket is on about

or

for newstead to win i think they just need to push dunolly to one side of the ground so ox is always in the play

for dunolly i think they need good conditions so they can use the middle of the ground to try and get past the ox

if its good conditions mate, i reckon newstead will run all over dunolly, too much run and speed for dunolly

if its good conditions mate, i reckon newstead will run all over dunolly, too much run and speed for dunolly

yeh true that. i would think dunolly would have to rely on newstead butchering the ball a bit to, but using the centre will be the only way for them because watching the first game of finals between them they couldnt get it past the big fella because they couldnt use the centre because it was muddy

or

I think it shapes as a great game, but in terms of what Newstead need to do, at the top of the list and most obvious would be to try dull the influence of McNamee!! He has had a field day the last couple of times they have met so if they could keep his output down it would help no end.

They also need to keep an eye on Motlop sneaking around for those handball recieves when other players have a mark outside the 50 - he has jagged a few cheap goals doing that this season from spots noone else could so sitting on him forward of the 50 at any stoppages or marks is a must.

Ramsay has to play on Sanders too, if he fires he could be a handfull but Mark has done the job the last 2 times.

Most of all they need to just play the same style as they have throughout the season - they match up pretty well and seem to be a bit more even over the whole ground. They are a very young side so should play accordingly, whereas Dunolly have some seasoned campaigners that are not a cheap date so the pressure would be on them to perform before the well dries up!!!

Newstead by 15.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

from wot i heard he was a shattered man in the rooms sat nite
told reporters dogs had enjoyd a fantastic year until last cuople of weeks then let themselves down and the year drifted away
still think he shld go round again

Seems to get his sides travelling well in the early part of the season only to falter in finals
Looking at the ladder and they finished on top which is not a bad effort, obviously didn't play their best footy in the finals and were bundled out it does happen from time to time. No doubt Bellenger will learn from this and strive harder next year, but I can't recall where Greg Norman has coached, let alone played a team sport?

dunolly to cause an upset
sanders to kick a few n also craigy burn

ahmat is named in eagle team in 2days press along with motlop katpany n magic cunninghm

will ahmat play :confused:

Looking at the ladder and they finished on top which is not a bad effort, obviously didn't play their best footy in the finals and were bundled out it does happen from time to time. No doubt Bellenger will learn from this and strive harder next year, but I can't recall where Greg Norman has coached, let alone played a team sport?

The connection is that Norman has consistently choked in big games! I think you can put 2 and 2 together and understand where Trent is coming from!

Seems to get his sides travelling well in the early part of the season only to falter in finals

Tony is a good coach, but they seem to fall down up forward during the finals. They have a very good midfeild and a couple of good kids coming through but they need to get a key forward that will play hard and contest the hard ball. That has let them down the last couple of years. The style of game they play is to move the ball quick and with skill but it falls apart when under pressure and they dont seem, except for a couple of guys, to be able to play and win ugly.

But the coaching staff have done a great job over the past couple of years to build up a side that struggled the first year they were in the league.

dunolly to cause an upset
sanders to kick a few n also craigy burn

ahmat is named in eagle team in 2days press along with motlop katpany n magic cunninghm

will ahmat play :confused:

So who is the poor player that has given his all in the 2 finals that Ahamat didnt play, including the Prelim that got dropped?

Re Avoca i think it is more a problem with the attitude of players than coach that lets them down in september with a number of their paid big names ordinary in the last 2 years finals. Bellenger and Fields were excellent all year.
Now to Grand Final Day.
Newsteads preparation has been spot on and unless they play badly and Mcnamee/Motlop really cut loose i think Newstead may win by 25-30 points.
In the 2s the Talbot physicality will get them home and with last years senior league B&F running around in Prickles they will win.
Brook will start as overwhelming favourites in U17s after a great year and Newsteads only chance will be to score heavily early to put pressure on.Common sense would say Carisbrook but heart says Newstead just.
Good Luck to all and congrats to Troy and his mob for a great season

Re Avoca i think it is more a problem with the attitude of players than coach that lets them down in september with a number of their paid big names ordinary in the last 2 years finals. Bellenger and Fields were excellent all year.
Now to Grand Final Day.
Newsteads preparation has been spot on and unless they play badly and Mcnamee/Motlop really cut loose i think Newstead may win by 25-30 points.
In the 2s the Talbot physicality will get them home and with last years senior league B&F running around in Prickles they will win.
Brook will start as overwhelming favourites in U17s after a great year and Newsteads only chance will be to score heavily early to put pressure on.Common sense would say Carisbrook but heart says Newstead just.
Good Luck to all and congrats to Troy and his mob for a great season

I wouldn't have a clue who is paid at your club frustrated, and i don't think you would no who is paid at Avoca. Rather silly statement imo.
Back up your comment with names, as most players at Avoca know who is paid and who is not.You may well be well off the mark!

I find it staggering were 1 day of the biggest game of the year and there is very little talk of the grand final teams.The only talk comes from there own supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.