massive coup

Remove this Banner Ad

ZZ TOP

Senior List
Mar 25, 2007
hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
rumour going around about a massive signing for a struggling southern based footy team. heard win news will have a report on it tonight.

Warwick Capper signs with Tasmanian club in bid to save it

Former AFL high flier Warwick Capper has signed a new Aussie Rules playing contract as part of a bid to save a 123-year-old club in Tasmania from folding.

The Kermandie Football Club, south of Hobart, is facing oblivion as it struggles now for a second season to field a team, after being forced into recess last year.

Kermandie coach Paul Allison says Capper is the Southern Football League's (SFL) highest-profile signing ever.

Warwick Capper signs with Tasmanian club in bid to save it

"I was the biggest crowd puller in Australia," Capper said.

Really didn't need to include crowd in that sentence.

Never heard so much crap in my life, Jacko hasnt played for 20 plus years! Sounds good in theory but wont get a kick. It isnt superules or some mickey mouse game.
I had the same reaction as you when I heard that he had signed, I was told about it and thought it was just a joke until I was handed the paper. From what I have read Capper will only play 5 games for Kermandie, if that. I am not sure about Jackson if he will try and playout a season, after 24 years on the sidelines it would be silly for him to do that.

I guess for Kermandie it is good promotion maybe they will get some players to sign up now, I keep expecting to reaD some other older player has signed with them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back