MCC New membership category blocked - for now...

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Denver, MVFC
70.5% vote to allow a new MCC category and a greater intake of members, and 30 sooks elect to take it to a full postal vote... FFS don't these people have any friends or family?

The pass mark is now only %50, down from %67, so they haven't got a hope. What a waste of time and money.

Not to be greedy, but I'd rather that there weren't more members. If everyone gets a membership then there is more fighting for seats and having to get there super early. It reduces the value of having a membership both for current members and for the new members.
If you look at the conditions, I believe the impact will be minimal for big games and we'll get to have less empty space up top. And our kids and friends won't have to wait till they're 40 just to become Restricted members. My wait time was only 11 years.

If you look at the conditions, I believe the impact will be minimal for big games and we'll get to have less empty space up top. And our kids and friends won't have to wait till they're 40 just to become Restricted members. My wait time was only 11 years.
I know right I had no idea it had got so out of hand, if I was born today and nominated I'd be 28 before even becoming a "Restricted" member let alone a full one.

I was 15 when I reached restricted status and nominated when I was 1, still not a full member.

Crazy. I didn't realise the waiting lists had got so long. Provisional members can't do ANZAC Day or Boxing Day, but still seems like they could take seats from members on level 1 at something like tonight's Geelong v Hawthorn game and make it harder to get seats without arriving early to other games.

70.5% vote to allow a new MCC category and a greater intake of members, and 30 sooks elect to take it to a full postal vote... FFS don't these people have any friends or family?

The pass mark is now only %50, down from %67, so they haven't got a hope. What a waste of time and money.
I have 3 kids on the waiting list. I will vote NO. I think a provisional membership is useless as I wont be able to take them to Anzac Day, Finals, Boxing Day - and potentially any other big footy games - ie Rich/Carl, Haw/Gee, Ess/Carl, Coll/Carl, if the crowd is expected to be too big. Might as well wait for restricted and buy guest passes in the meantime. Provisional members will take seats and guest pass availability off existing members - why would you vote for that?

No change in wait time for restricted membership. New category is provisional.

I always cringe when I see the top level of MCC practically empty. Would bring in more crowds for the big games.

There are usually plenty of seats available in the public area when the MCC top level isnt full. You will find that on Anzac Day, Boxing Day and most finals that the MCC is more full than the public area. Yes, the State of Origin and Champions Cup were exceptions. New membership category wont have access to big games. Wont change crowds at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you either opt for a restricted or full? Or can you get a full after a certain time as a restricted?

You first get offered restricted membership after a certain period of time on the waiting list. I was offered restricted after 17 years on the waiting list. There is then a further wait to be offered full membership and based on current movement I will be waiting for another 10 years at least.

You first get offered restricted membership after a certain period of time on the waiting list. I was offered restricted after 17 years on the waiting list. There is then a further wait to be offered full membership and based on current movement I will be waiting for another 10 years at least.

Thanks!

If the MCC keeps holding a quarter of the stadium they should at least greatly expand their membership. Should be expanded to 500,000 (if demand).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back