Injury McGuane out for the rest of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad news. We never got to really see what he can offer the team this season despite a fairly bright start in the preseason. Another one to put in cotton wool for a big preseason in 2015. In some ways, this is the year for guys to get their bodies right - not much at stake in terms of the season going to any great heights and it is all about development. I am choosing to see McGuane's injury as an opportunity for Close to really get some games into him.

Shoe-in for the Brownlow. Shame.

In all seriousness hopefully he has a much better 2015..

Anyone actually know what the problem is with his knee that requires surgery...no mention of anything specific, e.g. meniscus, or ACL etc.

It seemed like an obvious mistake from Leppitsch keeping McGuane in the team when he could barely run. You could tell from his first game (in the season proper) that he simply wasn't able to contribute.

Oh well, I suppose it didn't end up costing us anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGuane is a much better player than what he showed in his "performances" for us this season.

Obviously was playing injured which is comforting from one angle but disturbing from another: i.e. what the hell were we doing playing him when he was clearly not fit?:confused:

Let's hope that his injuries get cleaned up and that he's fit and able to contribute something in 2015.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back